The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I am cancelling because I do not want there services any more. There is zero administration in me cancelling other than them stopping my payments, why does that equal 80 bucks?

Really? I am cancelling because I do not want there services any more. There is zero administration in me cancelling other than them stopping my payments, why does that equal 80 bucks?
I would be talking to a manager and informing them that your contract is up. I would then ask to see in your contract where it says there is a mandatory cancellation fee.

I quit because I bought my own equipment. Even if I don't use it atleast it wont be costing me 80 bucks a month.
What did you buy?

Just a bench press at the moment with arm curls and leg lift things - On the hunt for a bike or something else that isn't putting impact on the knee. No cross trainer either cause my muscles just go into humongous amounts of pain almost instantly. Have a boxing bag too.

10-15k on a ring? Bloody hell.
Really? I don't think so.

There used to be a 'three months' wages' rule. & Even as a measly teacher $10-15k is not even that.

The first time I did it, I went in an saw a ring that I liked and got the details. It was $8K. 6 months later, I happened to walk past the same shop and the same ring was almost $3K off! That really annoyed me- that I was going to pay another $3K. Hence, why I'm here. If I pay thousands extra for something then I'll be pissed.

Anyway, a lady at work married a doctor late 2013 (Incidently, where my current partner and I first hooked up) and her ring was $120,000. No s**t!!!!
Before go dropping that sort of money have a read of the history of engagement rings and how everyone has been played for fools.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/02/15/how-ad-campaign-invented-diamond-engagement-ring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers#Marketing

http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/diamond-de-beers-marketing-campaign

There is plenty of stuff out on the internet about the scam of diamond engagement rings.

Just a bench press at the moment with arm curls and leg lift things - On the hunt for a bike or something else that isn't putting impact on the knee. No cross trainer either cause my muscles just go into humongous amounts of pain almost instantly. Have a boxing bag too.
Sounds sweet.

Wish I had enough space to buy a power rack and a boxing bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if this story is legit?

Crazy one if true. There isn't a whole lot from google but I read a comment somewhere that his parents didn't want much released to the media for fear of retribution.

Last edited:
Is that the one where his best mate stitched him up and he ended up surviving multiple shotgun blasts?

Sounded pretty legit when I heard it. The young man can certainly tell a story. He might've added a bit of mayo here and there but I'd be surprised if it wasn't based on the truth.

Ok so moving out my flat in Melbourne and I've successfully removed five frame hangers. get to the sixth and bang off comes a piece of the paint from the wall about the size of a 20 cent piece. campaigner. What's my plan of attack?

- putty
- polyfilla
- paint

i've got the crack that came off but it too has cracked itself into about 8 different pieces. not sure how big a piece they need to colour match.

easier just to get someone else in to do it? approximately how much is that going to cost?

or do I just leave it to the real estate and tell them to take out of the bond. real estate chick is a bitch. got no doubt she'll try to rip me off.

Ok so moving out my flat in Melbourne and I've successfully removed five frame hangers. get to the sixth and bang off comes a piece of the paint from the wall about the size of a 20 cent piece. campaigner. What's my plan of attack?

- putty
- polyfilla
- paint

i've got the crack that came off but it too has cracked itself into about 8 different pieces. not sure how big a piece they need to colour match.

easier just to get someone else in to do it? approximately how much is that going to cost?

or do I just leave it to the real estate and tell them to take out of the bond. real estate chick is a bitch. got no doubt she'll try to rip me off.
What colour paint is? If its basic colour, buy yourself a small sponge, dip it in the paint and cover the spot. Won't be a ideal fix but should be enough so the agent doesn't spot it.

A mate of mine did something similar in our place in London where he had used blu tac to hang posters which tore the paint from the wall when removed.

Last edited:
blueboy25 Might work, but I have taken off two layers. Can see right through to the drywall underneath. Got no drama's fixing it properly but don't want to get ripped off. I'm 99% positive it can be done just painting over the small area.

Does anyone know where I can buy books cheap as chips in Victoria, or on the internet?

Picked out all these books on Amazon, should be 30-40 bucks, but somehow comes out as 120 dollars AUD, with 80 dollars of shipping =\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back