The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's my point. Surely someone can invent something to hold HD recordings.
But there is, but it would require a lot of hard drive space which people just don't want to pay for.

Plus, how many surveillance cameras actually catchy anything juicy?

It wouldn't really be worth the cash to do it.

What's a good place to go for dinner after 11pm in Melbourne or the Western suburbs?

Finishing work late and didn't bother doing any shopping so am hoping to find something other than fast food.
maccas

When my local Chinese takeaway gives me two fortune cookies, are they:

a) Politely assuming I'm not sad enough to be eating alone; or
b) Rudely implying that I eat enough for two people?
Or they are giving away the fortune cookies that are expiring? (do fortune cookies expire)?

When my local Chinese takeaway gives me two fortune cookies, are they:

a) Politely assuming I'm not sad enough to be eating alone; or
b) Rudely implying that I eat enough for two people?

Maybe it's a joke? They both say "You will find fortune in the second cookie".

What's wrong with the NBL? I don't follow the game, so I'm sure who does can explain why, with participation numbers being strong, and Australians doing well in the American league, leading to greater interest in that, can't Australia support a local league. It seems odd to me.
Its just really boring to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with the NBL? I don't follow the game, so I'm sure who does can explain why, with participation numbers being strong, and Australians doing well in the American league, leading to greater interest in that, can't Australia support a local league. It seems odd to me.

Nothing really. The NBL just doesn't have the 'cool' factor that the NBA does so basketball fans over here ignore it for the American leagues.

NBL is screwed over sponsers I think. Healthway sponsered the Wildcats and they have screwed themselves up with corrupation allegations and withdrawn.

Wildcats pull 13000 a game - more than ODI cricket over here

NBL is screwed over sponsers I think. Healthway sponsered the Wildcats and they have screwed themselves up with corrupation allegations and withdrawn.

Wildcats pull 13000 a game - more than ODI cricket over here

Sponsorship difficulties seem more like a result than a cause of the NBL's struggle for national attention.

Basketball and baseball were massive during the early 90s. I suspect hosting the Olympics (and doing so well) may have changed the way we perceive ourselves, and therefore the sports we follow towards 'our' sports rather than American ones.

Has Pete Evans overtaken Tom Waterhouse as the nation's whipping boy?*

*non sports related, or Shane Watson wins this hands down.

Pete Evans has become a dangerous tosser, there is nothing wrong with his Paleo diet per se, (except the deadly baby formula recipe) however, he is making some very dangerous unsubstantiated claims about "his" diet to "His tribe" about it curing autism, cancer, asthma and depression and inferring that it is the doctors and drug companies keeping them sick.

He uses cult like tactics so that his "followers" follow blindly and accept everything he says, while at the same time being a total hipocrite and scoffing down non-paleo food on MKR for yet more $$$'s

He is nothing but a food evangelist, and has a total disregard for the people that he is praying on to make himself richer.

Pity really, because he could have made a lot of money and spread the healthy eating message without the propoganda.

Why do Asians wear Crocs?

e.g. Crocs:
blog-image-crocs-small.jpg

Nearly 70% of Asians that come into work would wear these.

A question on buying rounds.

Going out with a few friends and there has always been a rounds etiquette - your turn you buy, I've always followed the rules.

However, I am trying to stop drinking for a while and would like to abstain from getting involved in buying at all as i will just be drinking soft drink, but fear that won't go down so well, I dont want to be a tightarse, just don't want to get invovled, there is only so much diet coke one can drink.

Should I buy the first round and make it clear that's it? Would it be ok, just not to be involved at all. Or do I need to suck it up ?

Thoughts?

Why do Asians wear Crocs?

e.g. Crocs:
blog-image-crocs-small.jpg

Nearly 70% of Asians that come into work would wear these.
Its a cultural thing.

Crocs in China are like Nikes.

Going out with a few friends and there has always been a rounds etiquette - your turn you buy, I've always followed the rules.

However, I am trying to stop drinking for a while and would like to abstain from getting involved in buying at all as i will just be drinking soft drink, but fear that won't go down so well, I dont want to be a tightarse, just don't want to get invovled, there is only so much diet coke one can drink.

Should I buy the first round and make it clear that's it? Would it be ok, just not to be involved at all. Or do I need to suck it up ?

Thoughts?

Tell your mates you're cutting back on drinking and they don't like it to HTFO.

Thoughts?
If you just want to buy your own drinks for the night then you shouldn't be forced to buy rounds.

Thoughts?
Stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back