The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you are referring to at roundabouts, there is none (or very minimal) in the US.
We dont have a give way to the right rule in Australia, except at uncontrolled four-way intersections (extremely rare) and four way stops (also rare).

Americans do have a give way to the left rule at four-way stops. Their road rules for roundabouts are the same as ours - give way to traffic already in the roundabout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Casually sophisticated' means relaxed, but carefully put together as such. i.e. relaxed as a conscious design aesthetic, rather than just naturally relaxed.

I would assume anyone who referred to a house in such terms is a real estate agent.

> Looking for work
> Agency sent me out to this place for an interview. Agency said they liked me etc etc but they are not sure when exactly they will need me
> Knowing agencies that could be never
> Get a call last night from another agency (which seems more organized) on Seek saying they liked my CV etc etc and then explained they role they are looking to fill
> "Hang on, this role is exactly the same one I went to with the other agency" which isn't really uncommon. For some reason big companies tend to use more than one agency
> Do I say to the new agency that the old one have already sent me for an interview etc etc?
> New agency I'm guessing will want to send me out to the company for another induction and they'll probably work out it's the same guy as last time
> Don't care which one I go through but don't want to stuff it up with both of them as I need the $$$

Wut do

Can't you contact the company directly? I hate agencies.
Everyone does but the company only goes through agencies. Big company too

My options are.

a) Go back for another interview/induction. I think this is stupid but my Dad thinks it will show how much I want it if I turn up twice
b) Tell agency I have already been sent there but will go through them if they can get me work (there or somewhere else) quicker.

Everyone does but the company only goes through agencies. Big company too

My options are.

a) Go back for another interview/induction. I think this is stupid but my Dad thinks it will show how much I want it if I turn up twice
b) Tell agency I have already been sent there but will go through them if they can get me work (there or somewhere else) quicker.
Maybe just try b first and if they're not keen go with a. Not much choice really if you need the job.

Why does some songs take a few listens for you to like?

A lot of times, I listen to a song, discard it, but then listen to it for a 2nd, 3rd maybe even 4th time and then I really like it.

Wtf happened

Why does some songs take a few listens for you to like?

A lot of times, I listen to a song, discard it, but then listen to it for a 2nd, 3rd maybe even 4th time and then I really like it.

Wtf happened

...heard this many times over my 45 years...still grinds on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back