The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are you going for your license if you clearly haven't learned to drive on your L's yet?

I don't have a manual and I can't afford to keep booking lessons.

I did all my hours in an auto I've had 2 manual lessons. I'm not spending an extra 150 taking a manual test down the track, like i said nothing else is a problem except the downshift.

I did all my hours in an auto I've had 2 manual lessons. I'm not spending an extra 150 taking a manual test down the track, like i said nothing else is a problem except the downshift.
If you don't have a manual why go for your manual license then?

What happens when you land a job and the work car is a manual ?
That you don't know how to drive :p

I'm not trying to be a campaigner here btw, just asking.

Bit campaignery to me.

Might buy a manual with the job that I land which has a manual

Manual
It just baffles me thats all. The whole point of your L's is to learn how to drive the car. You obviously haven't and are now trying to get your license so you can drive alone.

It just baffles me thats all. The whole point of your L's is to learn how to drive the car. You obviously haven't and are now trying to get your license so you can drive alone.

My license expires early July. 3 years minimum to renew in QLD for a learner license @ $150, of course I'm rushing it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't have a manual why go for your manual license then?

I never drove a manual on the road before I got mine. Just in my parents paddock. a 1 hour lesson before the test was enough. It's completely pointless going an auto license, he summed it up. You need it for work. I work with someone who has an auto license and I always have to leave the site because he can't drive the pantech truck.

Just pull the clutch out bro, don't do it too early. You shouldn't need to get to 5th gear, if you have a lesson before your test just ask your instructor to purely focus on it if they're happy with everything else. They hate it because it's pretty much putting it in neutral. Good luck

Slightly off topic but What I find odd is that I got my auto licence and now because I've driven auto for long enough I'm legally allowed to drive manual ?

If you put me behind the wheel of a manual car I'd be a serious danger on the roads

Well I suppose probably not because I couldn't even get if out of the driveway

Slightly off topic but What I find odd is that I got my auto licence and now because I've driven auto for long enough I'm legally allowed to drive manual ?

If you put me behind the wheel of a manual car I'd be a serious danger on the roads

Well I suppose probably not because I couldn't even get if out of the driveway

Me too. :$

Perhaps a few goes on Daytona and choosing the manual car instead of the auto one, we'd be right. :D

No way. I have a manual license and have not driven one in the almost 6 years since the day I passed my driving test and I never want to drive one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back