The Rage Page...... Post your non-footy frustrations

Remove this Banner Ad

And Cat Stevens' "I love my dog" is actually about Barry Manilow. True story.

Cats, dogs French frogs…

My rage is of isis, not the 5th of May,
My rage is of isis - it's more about today.

A psychologist by the name of Jacques Levy co-wrote a song for the Byrds called ‘Chestnut Mare’ – containing the infamous lines…

I'm going to catch that horse if I can
And when I do I'll give her my brand
And we'll be friends for life
She'll be just like a wife

Levy’s ‘Desire’ was then to go on and co-write – Isis

I was thinking about turquoise I was thinking about gold
I was thinking about diamonds and the world's biggest necklace
As we rode through the canyons through the devilish cold
I was thinking about Isis how she thought I was so reckless

…pardon my tequila.

I also think it's bit buggy .. my devices aren't bricks or anything, but there's a lot wrong.

Safari doesn't load pages about 20% of the time (and refuses to unless rebooted) ... but Chrome works.

I also have a lot of problems with the rotate feature being stuck one way or another.

Wait for 8.1 or whatever it'll be.

2.My post rate is piss poor compared to you prolific posters!
But what you lack in prolificness you make with quality. I will let others decide what level of quality that is but FWIW I consider your quality high by my own low standards.

So what did you drink granny day? You know I am curious.

I erred and picked up a slab of Matilda Bay Bohemian Pilsener. Had not seen it for years and memories flooded back to drinking a crafty, crisp and florally pilsener. But alas, since Matilda Bay was taken over it has obviously been tampered with. It was still passable but not lip smacking. Just on Pilseners, do yourself a favour and hunt down a six pack of Pikes Pilsener from Pikes winery in SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pineapple cellars on Logan Rd at Holland Park seems to be one of the only places I can find it. Good luck hunting!
Will have it at the pineapple hotel as well then at the bottle shop there. its their satellite one that holland park shop

$800 excess bill for my car after yesterday's afternoon storm :( My office got smashed up as well so I've just got home now after 16 odd hours at work as me and a work mate had to wait for glass repairs. Now have to build up the enthusiasm for a wake up in 5 hours to be into work by 8:30am. Add to that Phil Hughes' death and I think it's safe to say I had a shity day.

$800 excess bill for my car after yesterday's afternoon storm :( My office got smashed up as well so I've just got home now after 16 odd hours at work as me and a work mate had to wait for glass repairs. Now have to build up the enthusiasm for a wake up in 5 hours to be into work by 8:30am. Add to that Phil Hughes' death and I think it's safe to say I had a shity day.
Car's not a write-off? Suspect mine will be - even after only ~90 seconds of hail damage.

I have been looking at photos posted on twitter. Unbelievable!! Thinking of you all...

...and I see there was serious damage around the Gabba as well.

Hopefully the insurance companies come to the party and don't cause grief for people like they have in the past. One poor lot of people lost their apartment! The roof was gone and the place wrecked inside. What a mess.

The world has gone mad!:cry:

Maybe it is?? Hail damage to the full body of the car and both side mirrors smashed. You think that could be a write-off situation?
I'm certainly no expert, but based off what I've read from folks in the big hailstorms from the previous 5 years (Perth, Melb, Sydney), it is certainly a possibility. I think it comes down to the assessor and how busy the repairers are. You can imagine they'll be backed up for months.

I think folks will be shocked by just how much damage was done yesterday. I'm probably biased because I drove through some of the most heavily impacted areas, but just as an example, the windscreens were smashed on every single car facing south-ish on Annerley Rd (as well as sporting the dimpled golf ball look).

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with expertise/experience in these matters, but my sense of it is that if they do say your car is a write-off and you don't have an agreed value then there is often some wiggle room for debating the market value of your car.

Oh, and be sure not to miss your appointment with the assessor. You don't want to be shunted to the back of what will be a very long queue.

I pulled out of work just as the hail started and ducked into the BP on Stanley St only to be beaten by the car in front of me into the last undercover bay... turned out that was for the best as they took all the brunt of the hail blowing from the hail and even though I wasn't straight under the roof, I got enough coverage from the angle the wind was blowing it anyway.

I've seen bigger hail before, but never seen it blowing on an angle like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back