Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a girl as your best friend is really hard and frustrating.

They get upset or mad at you for little reasons.
it's good having one of the opposite sex for best friend, or at least a really good friend. You can talk about everything and 'be yourself'
Just knowing it's unconditional friendship is so important.

Lol I wouldn't know.

Is extremely frustrating.
Hahahah.
Suffer in your jocks.
If you're gunna go through all that you may as well be shagging her too. That's why they invented marriage.

Did anyone see the amazing lunar eclipse tonight?

Truely awesome :rainbow:
Yeah got a good view of it at about 6.30pm, any pictures taken don't do it justice, only the human eye can really catch it.

it's good having one of the opposite sex for best friend, or at least a really good friend. You can talk about everything and 'be yourself'
Just knowing it's unconditional friendship is so important.

Yeah exactly.

Can talk about stuff that you cant with a guy friend.

Hahahah.
Suffer in your jocks.
If you're gunna go through all that you may as well be shagging her too. That's why they invented marriage.
Nobody invented marriage as a way to increase shagging.

I couldn't see the lunar eclipse because it was behind a big patch of trees and I couldn't be bothered driving around to see it.:p They're fairly common though, aren't they? It's the solar eclipse that's pretty rare; and can cause eye damage when looking at it unprotected apparently - or is that a myth?

ive always supported the Raiders, even when the Super League came in.

And yes i know we stink lol
Storm play the Raiders this Sunday, enjoy.

I was a Broncos fan before the Storm came in myself, been a Storm fan since the start though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't see the lunar eclipse because it was behind a big patch of trees and I couldn't be bothered driving around to see it.:p They're fairly common though, aren't they? It's the solar eclipse that's pretty rare; and can cause eye damage when looking at it unprotected apparently - or is that a myth?
You missed a very rare and special sight DT

It was a rare event because it was a full moon that was already totally eclipsed at the time that it rose into our sky.
So last night it appeared as a pale grey ball in the sky and as it got darker and the full moon rose and then gradually appeared it was incredibly beautiful and awesome to see.
The night sky was so clear as well.

And as far as solar eclipses go -NEVER look directly at them!
That is not a myth.

Most of us missed the 90's because the Pies were on TV.....:D

Played my first game of footy again a couple of weeks ago.
My old amatuer club had a Legends Match that I was lucky enough to get an invite to play in.
And I couldn't resist the opportunity to pull the boots on again.
It was my first game since I had two knee recons nearly 12 years ago.

Wow, I learnt a few things though:
1) I am no where near fit enough to play again.
2) I forgot how sore you pull up after a game.
3) I still love the smell of the clubrooms.
4) You never really lose how to play the game, you just get slower.
5) You will never have mates the same as team mates.
6) Football is still bloody good fun to play.

I urge anybody that gets the call to pull the boots on again,to do it.
You will be kicking yourself for years to come if you didn't.

Text on my computer screen is in braille as a result of me staring at a solar eclipse. Might explain why my thread replies seem so delayed. Photos are reviewed as relief formations and colours have ceased to exist. You have been warned.

Does it make sense to not play footy on good friday? For the vast majority of Australians Easter has just become a time to see the family and eat chocolate

I hate not having Good Friday night football. I am no Christian and don't see why we need to keep Good Friday football free. Hopefully we change with the times and schedule a Crucifixion Cup next year.

Does it make sense to not play footy on good friday? For the vast majority of Australians Easter has just become a time to see the family and eat chocolate
Very true, but.............while some see it as a resistance to play on what is deemed by some a religious holiday, I actually support the players getting the days off simply to have some time with family and friends like normal people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back