Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reports I have read the F22 Raptor is cheaper and a much better fighter, its just that the US won't sell it to anyone other than Saudi Arabia.
We need to find more Oil
Actually, I thought that Australia hasn't even made representation to Congress to buy?

Actually, I thought that Australia hasn't even made representation to Congress to buy?
Quite possibly correct although I think Congress had a very tight criteria on selling it to other countries.
But at 1/3 of the cost of the F35 and with the ability to take on the Russian Su-35 which the F35 can't, from my laypersons view, the F22 is a no brainier

Quite possibly correct although I think Congress had a very tight criteria on selling it to other countries.
But at 1/3 of the cost of the F35 and with the ability to take on the Russian Su-35 which the F35 can't, from my laypersons view, the F22 is a no brainier
I love your play on words here.
Is it a no brainer?
Or is it no brainier?

I know what my answer would be :p:D

Have you ever felt like this?
Went to the butcher shop today and thought that besides my usual monthly spend, would buy some other different things.
Bought some osso bucca as it looked nice, bought some topside that I asked him to mince for me, and a rack.
Came home, made spaghetti and meatballs sauce to freeze, went to my garden and picked some green peppers and proceeded to make stuff peppers (tomatoes, mince, onion, garlic and rice), with the rest of the mince, made a meat loaf.
Went back into the garden, got some carrots, potatoes, herbs, last of tomatoes, threw them into a pot together with potatoes, lentils, white beans, osso bucca, chicken stock that I made yesterday, half a bottle of red wine and it is cooking away merrily.
I really don't like cooking but for some reason, went crazy today.
Oh and I marinated the rack to put on the BBQ over the week-end.

Went to the butcher shop today and thought that besides my usual monthly spend, would buy some other different things.
Bought some osso bucca as it looked nice, bought some topside that I asked him to mince for me, and a rack.
Came home, made spaghetti and meatballs sauce to freeze, went to my garden and picked some green peppers and proceeded to make stuff peppers (tomatoes, mince, onion, garlic and rice), with the rest of the mince, made a meat loaf.
Went back into the garden, got some carrots, potatoes, herbs, last of tomatoes, threw them into a pot together with potatoes, lentils, white beans, osso bucca, chicken stock that I made yesterday, half a bottle of red wine and it is cooking away merrily.
What time's dinner?:D

Just buy lean mince , cheaper and no different .

You were energised! Sounds like good fun and good food to me. The osso bucco should be ready for dinner tomorrow night, with a nice glass of red, while watching us win for the second time (always watch the replay after a win).

i was wondering if anyone has a link for the fox sports channel ? i was hoping if i could stream one of the shows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't eat pork and I always worry that they may mix some in so that it why I buy the topside and get them to mince.
Fair enough ,I probably should've said lean beef sorry , butcher shops won't risk mixing species if they've specifically labeled their mince .

yrevanyq.jpg

From reports I have read the F22 Raptor is cheaper and a much better fighter, its just that the US won't sell it to anyone other than Saudi Arabia.
We need to find more Oil

The F-22 was designed as a superiority fighter so it was meant from the start to go toe to toe with the Russian jets. The thinking behind the F-35 was that all engagements would take place at BVR distances therefore negating the need for the F-35 to be able to match these aircraft in prolonged maneuvering. Going off historical experience this thinking is probably flawed and personally I too would prefer the F-22. Problem is we don't need fighters, we need strike/multirole aircraft like the F-111 and F/A-18A/B/E/F Hornets. The F-22 could probably perform admirably as a strike fighter as the F-15E derivative showed but for now the F-35 probably remains the better strike aircraft.
On the cost, the F-35 was originally supposed to cost less with a much larger production run due to the US ordering a ridiculous number of them.. 1000+ or something like that but with all the delays and such its now costing more. Most of these purchase decisions were made back before this became apparent and everyone seems hesitant to throw that money away for nothing. Lockheed has also completely destroyed all of their tools for F-22 production as well, on top of the whole congress ban on the Raptor. Blame the Iranians and their F-14's for that. :p

Has anyone with daughters/girls in the family caught the Looms fad? My grand-daughter has made me two black and white bracelets.
Little rubber bands that are joined together, better than sitting there with their Ipads and not too expensive.
Got her to teach me and it was so funny, said because of my age we should start off with a single row. Actually she wasn't kidding tried to do a triple row and they all came apart.

BTW which is Dave back from being banned as it seems forever that he hasn't been on.

Has anyone with daughters/girls in the family caught the Looms fad? My grand-daughter has made me two black and white bracelets.
Little rubber bands that are joined together, better than sitting there with their Ipads and not too expensive.
Got her to teach me and it was so funny, said because of my age we should start off with a single row. Actually she wasn't kidding tried to do a triple row and they all came apart.

BTW which is Dave back from being banned as it seems forever that he hasn't been on.

I'm fairly sure he got a 2 week ban.. so probably still a few days away

fat-sassy-meerkat-1052943.jpg
this.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back