Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.

Yeah, I suppose that would be a problem.

But I already navigate the internet/do stuff on my computer with the presumption/paranoia that they are watching.

I think some people need to actually have a look and understand what metadata is before being worried about it.

Metadata isn't the content of emails or phone calls but the footprint they leave I guess with information such as phone numbers, duration of calls, location of calls, IP Addresses, user names etc.

It is not emails, webpages visited, forum posts, recorded phone conversations, social media posts etc, etc!

A lot of people are really paranoid about nothing IMO unless they are doing something wrong. Do you really think the government gives a s**t about all those pr0n lounges you visit DTM?

I think some people need to actually have a look and understand what metadata is before being worried about it.

Metadata isn't the content of emails or phone calls but the footprint they leave I guess with information such as phone numbers, duration of calls, location of calls, IP Addresses, user names etc.

It is not emails, webpages visited, forum posts, recorded phone conversations, social media posts etc, etc!

A lot of people are really paranoid about nothing IMO unless they are doing something wrong. Do you really think the government gives a s**t about all those pr0n lounges you visit DTM?
I still turn my webcam the other way around.

I'm curious re: what the government is trying to do with meta-data, will they be given past records or just future ones? I guess the idea is they want to be able to access the information without a warrant?

Yep - They just want to have Access to it when ever they want and Then should not have anything close to that.

They want all Meta-Data

I'm pretty sure they wear the burqa because it is in their bible/wholly book/karan. They are believers, and as believers they follow what their books says. When they follow what the book says, they are closer to god, and as believers this is what they want.

And who are we to change the social norms of these cultures? It's fair to say men are higher classed than women in these cultures. Even in our societies, I reckon men are more powerful that woman. It's just that this divide is more obvious in these other cultures.

It may seem wrong to us, but maybe not to them. Its normal, and we have no right to intrude their social norms, what they have been doing for centuries.

TheFreshBanana
Manic Magpie

Unleash yourselves and help me
I am coming in a bit late on this comment, but the hijab and burqua are not required by the Q'ran - the religious requirement is to dress modestly; a somewhat subjective concept. I have lived in a number of Muslim countries in the Gulf and in north Africa, and can say that in my experience the hijab is quite usual (but not compulsory) in the Arabian Gulf area (UAE/Kuwait/Saudi) but not in the Maghreb (north Africa) such as Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, where most of the women do not cover their heads/hair (although that may now have changed in Libya since the Iqwan/ISIS infiltration post-Gaddafi). Similarly in Syria and Iraq (before ISIS).

Malaysia used to be largely hijab-free also, but over the past 10 years, due to Saudi Wahabi influence, many more Malaysian girls/women are donning the hijab.

I have my views why many younger generation Muslim girls in Western countries are now increasingly adopting the hijab, but not for this forum...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it really stupid that having free access to Collingwood's VFL home games in 2015 is advertised for membership benefits.

So stupid.

I find it really stupid that having free access to Collingwood's VFL home games in 2015 is advertised for membership benefits.

So stupid.
Its free because they can't control who attends at Vic Park. No fencing and public just rock up.

Its free because they can't control who attends at Vic Park. No fencing and public just rock up.
Yes, but that's not exactly a specific benefit to the membership they provide.

Pity the cricket isn't on today. It's nice and warm but everyone acts crazy this time of year(especially on the road) so I'd rather not venture out.

Grocery day today too, dreading that.

I'm curious re: what the government is trying to do with meta-data, will they be given past records or just future ones? I guess the idea is they want to be able to access the information without a warrant?
Who is going to police the police.

God - I hate the Humidty
Compared to cold I love the heat. I would rather die in a raging bush fire in a swirling cauldron of flame and melting gases than freeze to death in the claustrophobic grip of a giant ice block in the depths of a Melbourne winter. Actually, on second thoughts, I'd rather freeze to death, but I still prefer hot to cold climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back