Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know a good site to stream EPL on? Wiziwig got shutdown so i've got no idea now

Avoid John Fawkner Hospital. Went there yesterday for injection and:
Quick wash around area, insert local anesthetic (pain), insert tube (pain), insert cortisone (pain).
Very little time between and I have an extremely high tolerance of pain. Normally need more than one injection when at the dentist.
Still if it works....

I'll be back in round 1 people. Had enough of all the crap for a while. Take care.
Completely understandable, if I wasn't doing research on the PC ATM I'd probably do the same, take care mate.

Off season on BF is boring because discussion seems to go around in circles. In the absence of actual football, the talk is all academic and speculative. Each to their own. Some posters are happy to wile away the time chatting about possible outcomes and speculating about player performance.

Off season on BF is boring because discussion seems to go around in circles. In the absence of actual football, the talk is all academic and speculative. Each to their own. Some posters are happy to wile away the time chatting about possible outcomes and speculating about player performance.
It's not just that but I'm going to try & ignore it. Less posting & reading here, may have to look for another home thread. Maybe join some of the Carlton boys on the SC board who can't stand the same mods we hate!

Just because someone is a good troll doesn't mean they aren't a troll, a lot of people pissed off around the threads if you read them all.

It's not just that but I'm going to try & ignore it. Less posting & reading here, may have to look for another home thread. Maybe join some of the Carlton boys on the SC board who can't stand the same mods we hate!

Just because someone is a good troll doesn't mean they aren't a troll, a lot of people pissed off around the threads if you read them all.
Trolls good and bad don't bother me much unless their attack is directed at me. I haven't posted anything substantial for a long time so probably present little in the way of a target. In any case, posting should be more lively once the NAB cup game against Hawthorn is played. The forum is missing the spontaneous humour of previous years. A bit of absurdity and laughs from left field can counter the negative posts to which you refer.

Interesting time down the beach this morning.
I was swimming when all of a sudden they evacuated the water.
A helicopter was flying up and down the beach, then came and started hovering about 5 metres off the water, right where I was swimming.
There was a shark about 15 metres away.
It was only about 10 metres off shore and you could see its shadow as it swam up and back along the shore.
It looked about 3 -4 metres long, but cant be sure because of how the water distorts everything.

Interesting time down the beach this morning.
I was swimming when all of a sudden they evacuated the water.
A helicopter was flying up and down the beach, then came and started hovering about 5 metres off the water, right where I was swimming.
There was a shark about 15 metres away.
It was only about 10 metres off shore and you could see its shadow as it swam up and back along the shore.
It looked about 3 -4 metres long, but cant be sure because of how the water distorts everything.
They come in 3's so you sound like you dodged a bullet.

I was in WA around 3 years ago, swimming around from Rockingham somewhere. Stinking hot day, beautiful conditions and thought * it, I'll go for a swim. Jumped in the water, swam out about 50-60 metres to a swim platform and back and couldn't understand why no one was in the water.....That was until I got back to shore and was told it was closed also due to shark sighting......Went back to the hotel and had a few beers LOL!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They come in 3's so you sound like you dodged a bullet.

I was in WA around 3 years ago, swimming around from Rockingham somewhere. Stinking hot day, beautiful conditions and thought **** it, I'll go for a swim. Jumped in the water, swam out about 50-60 metres to a swim platform and back and couldn't understand why no one was in the water.....That was until I got back to sure and was told it was closed also due to shark sighting......Went back to the hotel and had a few beers LOL!

Having a beer now NT.
Tastes bloody good too.

So am I.
I want to be around when Bucks and the Pies stick it up all of the negative pricks out there. :D
how's the fitness program going?
And are you enjoying being back at work?

how's the fitness program going?
And are you enjoying being back at work?

All good thanks.
That's why I was down the beach, that plus it's a beautiful day over here.
Back working Monday, Wednesday and Friday atm.
Still really stiff the day after, but that's to be expected after 7 months off.
It's just the back muscles I haven't used in that time.
It is good to be back though.
All the customers and work mates are pleased I'm back.
The boss still gave me a huge list of things he wants done.
Nobody has been doing my job since I left.
They have only been doing the bare minimum to keep the place up and running and looking ok.
Just having people to talk to again is one of the better things.
It gets quite lonely when you are stuck at home and can't do anything.

All good thanks.
That's why I was down the beach, that plus it's a beautiful day over here.
Back working Monday, Wednesday and Friday atm.
Still really stiff the day after, but that's to be expected after 7 months off.
It's just the back muscles I haven't used in that time.
It is good to be back though.
All the customers and work mates are pleased I'm back.
The boss still gave me a huge list of things he wants done.
Nobody has been doing my job since I left.
They have only been doing the bare minimum to keep the place up and running and looking ok.
Just having people to talk to again is one of the better things.
It gets quite lonely when you are stuck at home and can't do anything.
Good point rustyg70 I've been working from home when I'm not traveling for nearly 4 years now and hate it. Yes it has some perks, but I'd happily trade these any day of the week to be able to have a conversation.

Glad you're enjoying it, would love to have a few days at the beach every week regardless if there's a shark around or not.

I just got into Standup Paddling in the surf and just love it. So much fun

This is me prepping my zone for a surf this morning :D NOT!

upload_2015-2-10_16-42-43.png

Talking about close calls with sharks I have a story to tell as well.
Went fishing one morning in a boat off the coast of Cairns with some friends. A few of us on the boat had had a big night the night before and were a little bit on the seedy side. After fishing for about an hour or so with the sun beating down on me I wasn't feeling too good. Head was sore, mouth was dry and the water just looked beautiful so I thought a good way to feel a bit better was to jump in and have a swim. Anyway I took my shirt off and stood on the side of the boat ready to jump in when I heard a whistle from a guy who was fishing in another boat about 50m away from us. I looked up and saw him pointing at the water. I wasn't sure what he was pointing at but curiosity got the better of me and I started scanning the water at where he was pointing. Initially I couldn't see anything but then after a very short time I saw a shadow in the water moving towards my boat. Tiger shark. Was huge and swam right under my boat, exactly where I was just about to jump in. If that other fisherman had not seen it maybe Otto would not be here today telling this story.

Good point rustyg70 I've been working from home when I'm not traveling for nearly 4 years now and hate it. Yes it has some perks, but I'd happily trade these any day of the week to be able to have a conversation.

Glad you're enjoying it, would love to have a few days at the beach every week regardless if there's a shark around or not.

View attachment 108349

You don't realise how much personal interaction you have with people until it's gone.

I'd love to get a Stand Up Board myself.
SUPping is so good for core body strength.
I'm might hit up my Doctor (and personal friend) and try to get him to convince the Insurance Company that I need one for my rehab.

Oh, and how the hell did that guy manage to get a Thresher Shark on a SUP board?
That's incredible.

Talking about close calls with sharks I have a story to tell as well.
Went fishing one morning in a boat off the coast of Cairns with some friends. A few of us on the boat had had a big night the night before and were a little bit on the seedy side. After fishing for about an hour or so with the sun beating down on me I wasn't feeling too good. Head was sore, mouth was dry and the water just looked beautiful so I thought a good way to feel a bit better was to jump in and have a swim. Anyway I took my shirt off and stood on the side of the boat ready to jump in when I heard a whistle from a guy who was fishing in another boat about 50m away from us. I looked up and saw him pointing at the water. I wasn't sure what he was pointing at but curiosity got the better of me and I started scanning the water at where he was pointing. Initially I couldn't see anything but then after a very short time I saw a shadow in the water moving towards my boat. Tiger shark. Was huge and swam right under my boat, exactly where I was just about to jump in. If that other fisherman had not seen it maybe Otto would not be here today telling this story.

So Otto was Blotto.
Should be over here mate, then Otto could be Blotto at Rotto.
We'll even supply the sharks for you. :oops:

You don't realise how much personal interaction you have with people until it's gone.

I';d love to get a Stand Up Board myself.
SUPping is so good for core body strength.
I'm might hit up my Doctor (and personal friend) and try to get him to convince the Insurance Company that I need one for my rehab.

Oh, and how the hell did that guy manage to get a Thresher Shark on a SUP board?
That's incredible.
SUP would be perfect in WA. Could do some long trips down the swan river or cruise around in the surf. Haven't been to Perth for a while but I reckon it would be popular.

View attachment 108349
I worked from home for years too.
It was fantastic as far as the children went, but yes it is very isolating, and lonely
I used to love going to Trade Fairs just so that I could meet and talk to people 'face to face' instead of over the phone.
Funny how you make friends with people you've never laid eyes on.

Bit like Big Footy really :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back