Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUP would be perfect in WA. Could do some long trips down the swan river or cruise around in the surf. Haven't been to Perth for a while but I reckon it would be popular.

It's huge over here.
I work on the river and there is a heap of people out every morning on them.
One of my mates, who is a truely awesome surfer from way back, just took his over to Bali to catch some waves.
One of his mates , who is a local surfer and photographer over there, made a video of him surfing, and it's unbelievable.
He's standing up in barrels on 10-15 foot waves.
Every one was in awe of what he was able to do on it.

Oh, and Perth hasn't changed mate.
It's still as laid back and cruisey as it always has been.
We might be behind the times, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Sun's out 4/5ths of the year and just a chilled out atmosphere nearly every where you go.
For anyone that hasn't visited Perth, do yourself a favour.
It really is a hidden gem for a capital city.

Please excuse this following rant, but I am so angry...
Had a car accident this morning (my fault and no-one injured), 3 mins from home.

Took a corner too sharply, had shopping on passenger seat and the started to fall. Went to grab them and side swiped a parked car.

Other car little damage but my car front left wheel pushed back on to guard and other metal damage to front.
Knocked on several doors to try and find owner of other car to no avail, so left my details on windscreen of car.

Now to what happened with insurance company! I am insured by GIO which is a part of AAMI (only found this out today).

Thought I had repairer of choice, which they said was right.

Because the car was not driveable, had to be towed, GIO said the car had to be towed to another suburb to be assessed, then they send out invitations to repairs to quote, including the one I choose, then they would allocate the job.

When the tow truck arrived, he said I could send the car to wherever I wanted, so decided to send it directly to the repairer who does work for GIO.
Rang GIO and told them what I had done and despite the fact that the choice of repairer is someone they deal with, still want the car to go to their central assessing. They will now pick up the car again, assess on Monday, send out Request For Quote invitations, then if the repairer I chose is successful,take the car back again. So the car gets towed 3 times and quite possibly ends up where I sent it in the first place.

I couldn't believe it, last time I had an accident (20 years ago), took the car to repairer, assessor came out assessed and car was repaired.

Moral of the story, ask all these questions next time you insure you car, seems companies down have assessors that go out any more. RACV is the same.

Precisely why I moved from AAMI they wanted to send me to a repairer known for using 2nd hand parts.
I switched to Vero who do allow your own repairer and have now moved to Suncorp.
The irony of it all is they are ALL part of the Suncorp Group..
http://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/about-us/what-we-do/our-brands

PS: Stand your ground and tell them you want to use your own repairer

Precisely why I moved from AAMI they wanted to send me to a repairer known for using 2nd hand parts.
I switched to Vero who do allow your own repairer and have now moved to Suncorp.
The irony of it all is they are ALL part of the Suncorp Group..
http://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/about-us/what-we-do/our-brands

PS: Stand your ground and tell them you want to use your own repairer
Someone who has had a similar experience said to me that they are well known for this and just to tell them if I can't choose the repairer , keep the car.

Someone who has had a similar experience said to me that they are well known for this and just to tell them if I can't choose the repairer , keep the car.

Depends on the car I suppose

Depends on the car I suppose
2000 Subaru Outback, service every three months since new, and runs beautifully.
Service man offered me $11,000 and wants first option if I ever want to sell.
So it would be just a bluff, love it.

The phrase that comes to my mind in here over the last 2 - 3 weeks is nonsense on stilts (apologies to ASDADA's QC for borrowing it!) ... I know there's the boredom of the off season with next to nothing to discuss, but seriously o_O ??!!?

Bring on the NAB games, at least there will be some fresh footy to discuss at long last.

His horse is called Sunday :)
Makes sense. I had thought maybe the town was called Sunday or "for three" might be "four three" which equals seven haha

Yours makes much more sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back