Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends on how much it is.
Mine was pretty easy as I have a very unusal name and doubt that anyone in the world has my name.

Hate to break it to you, Maggie is not that unusual:p

Wow, just watched Saints get flogged by Hawks. I thought our footskills were poor, Saint Kildas disposal tonight makesTooves and Thomas' skills look A grade.

Wow, just watched Saints get flogged by Hawks. I thought our footskills were poor, Saint Kildas disposal tonight makesTooves and Thomas' skills look A grade.
Hawks looked good but pretty much at full strength tonight. Saints however are in for a long season

I suppose it depends on how much it is.
Mine was pretty easy as I have a very unusal name and doubt that anyone in the world has my name.
Maggie is not unusual but having a digit as a surname is.
First person I have met whose surname is 5

She just uses the digit to avoid the endless pronunciation questions.
Her surname is actually spelt Faiyve and I forgot to factor that into when I originally replied:rolleyes:

She just uses the digit to avoid the endless pronunciation questions.
Her surname is actually spelt Faiyve and I forgot to factor that into when I originally replied:rolleyes:
Now this is the sort of banter I like and think Forums are for.
Too funny, and sadly no comeback that I can think of at this time.:(
Will look at an appropriate surname and let you know whilst I wait for my $250 and no shout for you!

A family friend and friend of mine's wife and little boy is going to be on shark tank if you have seen the add, i hope the sharks bite and help out if you have seen the add on tv.

A family friend and friend of mine's wife and little boy is going to be on shark tank if you have seen the add, i hope the sharks bite and help out if you have seen the add on tv.
Is that the childcare centre for disabled children?
It's a beautiful story

Vale Malcom Fraser

An extraordinary man

Agree with this MG. In the end Fraser overcame the disadvantages of wealth and privilege to become a true humanitarian. He maintained a consistent line on issues to do with race and immigration. I recall him being one of the world's most outspoken leaders against apartheid.

Like Gough, a true giant among men, dating from the historical period in which our political 'leaders' were actually leaders, and had a vision for our country. Might not have always agreed with their views, but they weren't driven by responding to polls and popular nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this MG. In the end Fraser overcame the disadvantages of wealth and privilege to become a true humanitarian. He maintained a consistent line on issues to do with race and immigration. I recall him being one of the world's most outspoken leaders against apartheid.

Like Gough, a true giant among men, dating from the historical period in which our political 'leaders' were actually leaders, and had a vision for our country. Might not have always agreed with their views, but they weren't driven by responding to polls and popular nonsense.
Fraser's vision was to overthrow a democratically elected government, in any other part of the word it would be called a coup.
His so called "good work" after that was to try to balance out history....but many of us remember what he really was

Fraser's vision was to overthrow a democratically elected government, in any other part of the word it would be called a coup.
His so called "good work" after that was to try to balance out history....but many of us remember what he really was

I dont shy away from that, and it took me years to get over what happened in 1975. It was wrong.

But I dont agree that Fraser's subsequent 'good work' was a cynical and calculated means of restoring his reputation. I think it was genuine, and he did much good with it.

Good game of footy on, NM v Rich. Fast slingshot footy, good skills on display. Nearly 200 points scored late third term. Roos in front.

Except that Malcolm Fraser was a democratically elected PM having won the 1975 Federal election.

And didn't the Govenor General follow the constitution by dissolving both Houses of Parliament when supply got blocked?

Yeah, the GG appointing the opposition leader as caretaker Prime Minister was a bit odd (and a mistake) ... But isn't that just a petty detail? The government would have been in caretaker mode so whoever was PM would have made stuff all difference?

I was only a young tacker at the time so didn't understand it back then. However I have continued to struggle to understand what all the fuss was about :confused:

Except that Malcolm Fraser was a democratically elected PM having won the 1975 Federal election.

And didn't the Govenor General follow the constitution by dissolving both Houses of Parliament when supply got blocked?

Yeah, the GG appointing the opposition leader as caretaker Prime Minister was a bit odd (and a mistake) ... But isn't that just a petty detail? The government would have been in caretaker mode so whoever was PM would have made stuff all difference?

I was only a young tacker at the time so didn't understand it back then. However I have continued to struggle to understand what all the fuss was about :confused:
Cool, just get a democratically elected government thrown out, go to the polls, get elected and claim its all legitimate
Zimbabwe did it, and I even think Chile and Argentina did it too, not to mention Mexico in the early 1900's who did it as an annual event
Yep just what Australia needed, f**k democracy, just install your own brand and call it democracy

Gunna do meself a favour & not read yesterdays game day thread, I feel better already.:)
Reckon you could have written a lot of the posts with your eyes closed as some are so predictable.
I'm still reading as some are quite funny.

Cool, just get a democratically elected government thrown out, go to the polls, get elected and claim its all legitimate
Zimbabwe did it, and I even think Chile and Argentina did it too, not to mention Mexico in the early 1900's who did it as an annual event
Yep just what Australia needed, f**k democracy, just install your own brand and call it democracy
What a shame that politically I always seem to have no issue with you given we are poles apart on footy. As usual you won't get to read my post so I don't even know why I am doing it.

Gunna do meself a favour & not read yesterdays game day thread, I feel better already.:)

I reckon I've lost about 20 points off my IQ reading the ridiculous stuff that has been posted on this board in the last 24 hours o_O:eek::rolleyes::thumbsdown:. Been some meltdowns in these parts of late that's for sure, can't avoid it no matter how hard you try - mods are going to need to be paid danger money is this keeps up for the entire season ;)

The 2 women performed quite well in the tank. The sharks all but nuzzled up to them, so sympathetic were they to the cause. More like a dolphin than shark tank tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back