Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My house has outrageously expensive gas fired floor heating based on water pipes built into the cement base. I await the day when one of the pipes springs a leak. Fortunately rooms can be closed off the system should this occur.

I just had a copper pipe running under azalea bushes snapped open by a root and leak large amounts of water over many weeks into the shrub covered soil. Like a ferret on the trail of a rabbit, the plumber chased after signals emitted by his equipment, but took 45 minutes to determine the problem.

Armed with his very reasonable $180 repair bill, I prepared for an appeal which I ended up conducting over the phone from Cambodia. My normal payment of around $100-130 had blown out to $1690:cry:. The bill was reduced to $260:D.

Two discounts were applied. The procedure and outcome couldn't have been more positive. Once off 'lashings of leniency' are applied the first time you appeal a bill heavily inflated by a leak. It seemed important that I had engaged a plumber to find and repair the leak prior to receiving the bill. The spinning meter alerted me to the problem. That and a vague sound of rushing water that I optimistically, if ignorantly, took to be the operation of the floor heating.:confused:

The guy over the road went to India for 4 weeks having misinterpreted a patch of moisture. His next bill was for $4000+. He had unknowingly wasted reservoirs full of water.:cry: His bill was reduced by half. He paid $2000:p, partly because he is comfortably wealthy and can withstand a severely out of pocket experience:rolleyes:.

But more so because the bill alerted him to the problem. If you appear proactive they help you more. Perhaps not having two gleaming Lexus's luxuriating in dappled shade sprinkled by rows of silver birches overhanging a professionally crafted, Lilydale-topping driveway also helped get me a more sympathetic hearing.;)

I don't wish to be the bearer of mundane minutiae but thought the experience might prove useful one day to one of our black and white brethren. Or indeed anyone who appreciates fair outcomes that restore faith in people-based bureaucratic action.

Last edited:

Last night I had a dream that Darcy Moore had been transformed into a small animal of some kind, ending his football career. I was genuinely upset. Anyone else ever have football-related dreams?

Last night I had a dream that Darcy Moore had been transformed into a small animal of some kind, ending his football career. I was genuinely upset. Anyone else ever have football-related dreams?
Bambi?

No it was some crappy little bottom feeder, like a guinea pig or rabbit. It was a real shame because we really needed another key forward
You need to do a reframe here.
Perhaps the dream is showing you his amazing ability to transform himself into whatever is needed in any given situation
That he can play small quick and cunning when necessary:)

No it was some crappy little bottom feeder, like a guinea pig or rabbit. It was a real shame because we really needed another key forward
Wasn't sure whether to like your post as it clearly didn't please you.
Sadly I rarely remember any dreams and envy others that can describe theirs so vividly.

You need to do a reframe here.
Perhaps the dream is showing you his amazing ability to transform himself into whatever is needed in any given situation
That he can play small quick and cunning when necessary:)

Hmm, I dont know. It really didnt seem like a good thing at the time

Wasn't sure whether to like your post as it clearly didn't please you.
Sadly I rarely remember any dreams and envy others that can describe theirs so vividly.

I can usually only remember details if its something memorable like that, otherwise it will just be vague ideas of where I was and how I was feeling

Hmm, I dont know. It really didnt seem like a good thing at the time
I love the symbolism of dreams
When you remember a dream so vividly it's often a message for you, so think about what Darcy represents to you (as if you were looking in a mirror)
eg tall, talented, fortunate, slim, living your dream etc
What does a rabbit represent?
transforming into a rabbit can signify luck energy and success, but there are other meanings - depending on what's going on in your life.

check out this page http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/rabbit-or-hare-dream
or http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Interpret-Rabbits-as-Dream-Symbols
There are lots of other pages, and they're worth looking at, especially if it upset you
the message is most likely for you:)

On the other hand it may just have been a bad dream:rolleyes::p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the symbolism of dreams
When you remember a dream so vividly it's often a message for you, so think about what Darcy represents to you (as if you were looking in a mirror)
eg tall, talented, fortunate, slim, living your dream etc
What does a rabbit represent?
transforming into a rabbit can signify luck energy and success, but there are other meanings - depending on what's going on in your life.

check out this page http://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/rabbit-or-hare-dream
or http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Interpret-Rabbits-as-Dream-Symbols
There are lots of other pages, and they're worth looking at, especially if it upset you
the message is most likely for you:)

On the other hand it may just have been a bad dream:rolleyes::p

I don't remember it being a rabbit specifically, just a small, disappointing rodent type animal.

What Darcy probably represents to me is something new and exciting, so maybe I'm worried about something new and exciting turning into something piddling and inconsequential

i've noticed that Caolan Mooney has deliberately not tweeted anything about collingwood since he went back to his homeland. Typical irishman... a working holiday in australia with a few beers and other things provided by his Australian hosts.... I'll send this on to Dawn Fraser for her thoughts..

A chef stuffed Ken Hinkley up Wayne Carey's bum and then shoved both of them up KB's bum.....then roasted them.

Turducken...

The amount of time I've watched Johnson abd others be unable to maintain a good line and try a new tactic every four balls shits me. When we bowl crap its always: overdoing the short stuff, or being unable to pick a line and stick to it.

We're going to miss Ryan Harris a lot this series.

Amazing how often bloody Haddin dropping a catch he should have taken features in, or directly precedes s**t periods like this as well.

The amount of time I've watched Johnson abd others be unable to maintain a good line and try a new tactic every four balls shits me. When we bowl crap its always: overdoing the short stuff, or being unable to pick a line and stick to it.

We're going to miss Ryan Harris a lot this series.

Ashes thread in the Magpie Nest.

How's it going in Thailand Hardas and TheGreatGrundy?
TGG you'll be happy to know the weather here has been freezing. You made a wise decision seeking the sunshine.

It snowed in Queensland today!!!!:eek::eek:

How's it going in Thailand Hardas and TheGreatGrundy?
TGG you'll be happy to know the weather here has been freezing. You made a wise decision seeking the sunshine.

It snowed in Queensland today!!!!:eek::eek:
I have just arrived in Vientiane, Laos after Cambodia and 3 days on the outskirts of Bangkok. Have checked into a place with good wifi, apparently difficult to find. The OZ dollar is not of great value, that's for sure. Just withdrew 2,000,000 kip from an ATM - about $400 australian dollars. Scary dealing in these amounts. Am now investigating how best to follow today's game. Need a shower after an overnight train ride. Will get back in more detail after the game.

Well another fun day at home.
Firstly in my inbox an official looking email from paypal letting me know my payment was successful. Haven't used it in over two years? Sent it to their phishing department - so watch out if you use paypal often.

Then I just received a phone call telling me the Federal government owes me $6000 and he started to ask a number of questions. I interrupted him and said that he needs to be careful as I have been getting some threatening calls and my phone is being monitored by Federal Police. Don't know why but he hung up.

Well another fun day at home.
Firstly in my inbox an official looking email from paypal letting me know my payment was successful. Haven't used it in over two years? Sent it to their phishing department - so watch out if you use paypal often.

Then I just received a phone call telling me the Federal government owes me $6000 and he started to ask a number of questions. I interrupted him and said that he needs to be careful as I have been getting some threatening calls and my phone is being monitored by Federal Police. Don't know why but he hung up.
I get plenty of the PayPal scam emails and working from home not a day go by now when I don't receive some kind of scam phone call. I actually enjoy them now, they are always the first to hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back