Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last night I had a dream that Darcy Moore had been transformed into a small animal of some kind, ending his football career. I was genuinely upset. Anyone else ever have football-related dreams?
Couple of years ago I Iad a dream I was playing for the pies. Had about five kicks at goal, each right in front about 10 m out, and each time the ball left my boot like a balloon. Bucks was on the sideline just shaking his head :(

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Hey guys dunno where to put this

going over as neutral to your game against Richmond in round 21

Interested in a crowd estimate?

huge

68,408...+/- 10%

Anyone else watching this SBS 'Go back home' regarding Australian immigration.

Did you hear that girl seriously say 'Not all Muslims are Terrorists bit all Terrorists are Muslim'

Is she for real!!! Some serious issues in this country

Anyone else watching this SBS 'Go back home' regarding Australian immigration.

Did you hear that girl seriously say 'Not all Muslims are Terrorists bit all Terrorists are Muslim'

Is she for real!!! Some serious issues in this country

Let's not take persuasive reality TV too seriously please. The fact people take it seriously is more worrying to me than what people say on it.

Fair enough. Hope he enjoys the break and gets some rest from Essendon.

Watson's career, or best years anyway, were effectively ruined by his coach and club. Extraordinary really. One of, if not the most, shameful periods in AFL history.

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
^ It's the opposite of that actually. He was a fat plodder his entire career, the only year he wasn't was in 2012, where he suspiciously turned into a machine who could run all game and win Brownlows.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
^ It's the opposite of that actually. He was a fat plodder his entire career, the only year he wasn't was in 2012, where he suspiciously turned into a machine who could run all game and win Brownlows.

The same year Essendon ran a doping program

Must be a coincidence though ;)

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am in Luang Prabang, possibly the most visually beautiful urban setting I have seen. Seen from the popular hilltop viewpoint, you see two rivers flowing either side and mountains like city walls surrounding the town. Beneath , the views of the town reveal quiet tree-lined roads with a modest number of cars and and bikes parading the tree lined streets with French colonial architecture style evident in the well tended buildings

I fell down a drain that I thought was a footpath in the dark, but unfortunately it was just a narrow open drain. I dripped blood through the GH lobby off both sides of my right foot and the inside of my left. It was raining. My umbrella is now more a collection of metal sticks and a bit of rag, than a functioning unit, a far cry from the neat little foldaway I bought in Cambodia - cheap and nasty at$ 2US in the market. The Vietnamese (this is Laos, right?) guy who is the public face at the reception desk right out side my door, apologised to me - 'I'm sorry', as though he was at fault, which I assured him he wasn't.
He took me at my word because he has since shown not a hint of interest in my plight.

I have rubbed anti fungal cream into the wounds and will go to a chemist tomorrow and get some anti biotics and bandages. I think this is another country in which you can buy anything you like at a chemist here. I'd hate for the wounds to fester as they so often do in this climate.

While watching and partaking in the mini-van's 3 attempts to get up an impossibly muddy and steep diversion around a landslide, a Canadian medical student told me he'd sawn off someone's leg in his first year. A corpse I asked. No He said I'd be surprised what medical students get to do while you're under anesthetic! Besides it's not that hard. If you can saw through a branch you can saw through a limb.

A middlle-aged foreigner with a cute if slightly wordly local girl half his age screamed out 'Stop!' on the first run, The second time we could possibly have made it if but another minivan stalled on the left of the sloshed up mud'. We had to switch from the left to right side of the slushy brown swill which was never going to be easy. Back down we went, watching the proximity to the cliff near the bottom of the slither. Mist drifted in and out, sometimes filling the view, sometimes exposing parts of neighbouring mountain ranges. There were four or five mini-vans all trying to get up by hurtling as fast as possible around the curve and launching into the straight. All ended end up as a swirl of tyres and an inglorious and dangerous reverse.

Then one van got through by stacking the back with as many people as possible.That's when our driver ended up with the passengers in the rear of our minivan, We wondered what the * was happening (drive on the right here too). A new driver had taken the wheel. The middle aged guy got the scent of an evil plan afoot and cried out, 'No! This is dangerous! I am getting off!'. The driver opened the door for him and his little Laotion girl. Then off we went on this mad charge curving up and into the long stretch of mud climbing before us, with our driver demonstrating how to bounce up and down to give the vehicle traction. Despite our prior failure and that without us, we somehow made it through and back onto a stable road surface. We bounced out of fear and and necessity. I high fived a Korean girl. We clapped the driver. It was kind of exhilarating because of the danger and the shared success. One of those rare occasions where passengers who have largely ignored each other are suddenly required to go go with the floe and work as a team. There was another wait of about 45 mins during which the passengers of two vans that had made it up waited for the drivers to return from coaching and coxing the other vans.

There are so many switch backs and curves negotiating tightly packed mountains with steep, rocky inclines. Laos is really mountainous, and the peasants in this mountainous range plucks rice or gather together a few bits of fruit or root which children hold up to passing vehicles for sale. Adults and children walk the roads from far flung spots with baskets of produce strapped to their heads or bodies. Herds of cows and goats take themselves for a walk along the main road, some choosing, like the dogs, to lie in the roadside and let the plethora of speedy and outrageously slow traffic drive around them.

Laos is obviously a very poor country. it is a shame for them because so beautiful. It has the worst Ajustalian football coverage in SEAsia..

My foot is not so sore now. it's 12.19. I had better get to bed. It has been a long day.

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-2_0-22-18.png
    upload_2015-8-2_0-22-18.png
    132 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
The world is f#####. 18 year old Girl go's for a run and get's kidnapped in country vic and get's found 3k from my family's joint on a road Ive done thousands of hours of cycling training on over the years. It makes me furious and feel sick. #lostforwords #leavegirlsalone #20yearsbehindbars

Last edited:
The world is f#####. 18 year old Girl go's for a run and get's kidnapped in country vic and get's found 3k from my family's joint on a road Ive done thousands of hours of cycling training on over the years. It makes me furious and feel sick. #lostforwords #leavegirlsalone #20yearsbehindbars

Hey Popin, that's a beautiful part of Victoria. Love it around there.

We don't know yet what happened to that girl, all will be revealed I guess. Truly hope she is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back