Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An avatar is suggestive of personality. An empty space can sometimes more than adequately represent a poster.
On the whole,
But in Baltimore Jack's case he clearly is against type. He does not need anavatar to demonstrate his class and lucidity.
My Avatar on the other hand needs a magnificent horse, but a gelding nonetheless (which Saintly was) as the lady can do this to most men, lol, my lady no doubt, i have done a quick portrait of her whipped it up in about half a day

An avatar is suggestive of personality. An empty space can sometimes more than adequately represent a poster.
Baltimore Jack doesn't need an avatar, his posts alone convey class, style, thoughtfulness
Others however are in great need of an avatar.

I was going to use my lady love as an avatar, but thought she'd get embarrassed so went for a horse, noble creatures that they are.
To compromise i decided instead of using her pic as an avatar id paint her portrait, took me half a day, im pretty pleased with the result.

image.jpg

On the whole,
But in Baltimore Jack's case he clearly is against type. He does not need anavatar to demonstrate his class and lucidity.
My Avatar on the other hand needs a magnificent horse, but a gelding nonetheless (which Saintly was) as the lady can do this to most men, lol, my lady no doubt, i have done a quick portrait of her whipped it up in about half a day
It's funny how we assess other posters so differently!

Your horse speaks for your interest in racing and matches your username. And perhaps is also suggestive of a man who allows his women to get the better of him. :p

It's funny how we assess other posters so differently!

Your horse speaks for your interest in racing and matches your username. And perhaps is also suggestive of a man who allows his women to get the better of him. :p
And the horse is a gelding

What allows? I dont have any choice in the matter

Ah, political biases showing?
Ps no difference to me but revealing yours?
Proud to be Green all the way, I want my grandchildren children's to breathe fresh air and live in a society where things are a bit more equal.

Well just another day in Maggie's life.
Have you ever walked through the house and thought to yourself I must get around to fixing that?

Well I have and this time decided to do something about it. My taps in the bathroom have been driving me crazy, the shower's hot water tap doesn't always turn off and I need a pair of pliers to hold the top whilst I turn. Then the cold water tap on hand basin is so hard to turn on. Washers? Also the water outlet on my sink has been leaking for a while.

Anyway I go to Bunnnings and buy a set of washers, rings. But then check out the taps and look at the prices and decide, I will change the ones in the bathroom.

I go home and lay out what I have bought, go to the garage and look at the tools I have.

First the kitchen sink take the water outlet off, replace the black rings but wouldn't go back in. So take rings off put old ones back one and use the white tape around them, put it back on, success no leak.

Next I go to bathroom but turn the main water off as I have to take handles off. First the shower, go to take the top of the handle off, won't budge and the spanner? I have is too loose, so decide to try basin tapes. Same problem. Ring my brother up (lives 10 mins away) and ask him if he has plumbing tools that I can borrow. Says he has everything I need but if I wait he will come around and do it for me. I tell him, no I can handle it and go around and pick tools up.

Of course doesn't have what I need but they are still better than what I have.

I decide that since I have bought taps, I will just use hacksaw to take the tops off. Off the come but then the Caps? won't budge so I give it a tap with a hammer, spray with RP7 and finally have all the taps and covers off.

Now to take the spindle? off have this tool that you put over and insert a screw driver through it. Tool too big! Then I look at what I bought and realise I have bought too much only need taps and spindle, so another trip this time back to Bunnings.

Buy the correct tool, exchange taps for what I need except couldn't get two in white so had to buy one in Chrome.

Decide to do basin first - success! Then attack the shower but for some reason the cover won't go on because the fitting is too far behind the tiles.

So leave the cap off and fit the handles and it will just have to stay as it is until it drives me sufficiently crazy that I do something about it.

Turn the mains back on and everything works.
photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

Have you ever walked through the house and thought to yourself I must get around to fixing that?

Well I have and this time decided to do something about it. My taps in the bathroom have been driving me crazy, the shower's hot water tap doesn't always turn off and I need a pair of pliers to hold the top whilst I turn. Then the cold water tap on hand basin is so hard to turn on. Washers? Also the water outlet on my sink has been leaking for a while.

Anyway I go to Bunnnings and buy a set of washers, rings. But then check out the taps and look at the prices and decide, I will change the ones in the bathroom.

I go home and lay out what I have bought, go to the garage and look at the tools I have.

First the kitchen sink take the water outlet off, replace the black rings but wouldn't go back in. So take rings off put old ones back one and use the white tape around them, put it back on, success no leak.

Next I go to bathroom but turn the main water off as I have to take handles off. First the shower, go to take the top of the handle off, won't budge and the spanner? I have is too loose, so decide to try basin tapes. Same problem. Ring my brother up (lives 10 mins away) and ask him if he has plumbing tools that I can borrow. Says he has everything I need but if I wait he will come around and do it for me. I tell him, no I can handle it and go around and pick tools up.

I decide that since I have bought taps, I will just use hacksaw to take the tops off. Off the come but then the Caps? won't budge so I give it a tap with a hammer, spray with RP7 and finally have all the taps and covers off.

Now to take the spindle? off have this tool that you put over and insert a screw driver through it. Tool too big! Then I look at what I bought and realise I have bought too much only need taps and spindle, so another trip this time back to Bunnings.

Buy the correct tool, exchange taps for what I need except couldn't get two in white so had to buy one in Chrome.

Decide to do basin first - success! Then attack the shower but for some reason the cover won't go on because the fitting is too far behind the tiles.

So leave the cap off and fit the handles and it will just have to stay as it is until it drives me sufficiently crazy that I do something about it.

View attachment 178301 View attachment 178302

In the second photo, the one where you couldn't fit the covers, is that located inside your shower? If so the water getting inside your wall will damage the plaster/timber inside there. I'm pretty sure you can buy some flat chrome type caps to cover the hole. I have something similar in my laundry for the same reason. Or at very least cover full the holes up with some silicone

In the second photo, the one where you couldn't fit the covers, is that located inside your shower? If so the water getting inside your wall will damage the plaster/timber inside there. I'm pretty sure you can buy some flat chrome type caps to cover the hole. I have something similar in my laundry for the same reason. Or at very least cover full the holes up with some silicone
Holes too big for silicone, will check out your suggestion, thanks, tried old covers but different thread.

View attachment 178301 View attachment 178302
You are not just a pretty face, Maggie! You certainly seem far more practical than me. I wouldn't even know what half the parts are called let alone what to do with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are not just a pretty face, Maggie! You certainly seem far more practical than me. I wouldn't even know what half the parts are called let alone what to do with them.
Having three older brothers helps, watching and helping out home renovations. If fact most of the tools I have have been stolen borrowed from them.:p

I know this is meant to be non-footy but it's still random (maybe).

But I keep bumping into Gillon. Happened against last night.

Anyway, I was at a restaurant in the city and my gf told me 'there's a bunch of important-looking men in the private dining room'. Anyway, curiosity got the better of me and so I kinda hovered around the door. Nek minnut Gill and Mike Fitzpatrick burst through, off to the men's together, no doubt going for the old sword fight. Was thinking maybe a pre-Brownlow AFL Conmission meeting but then saw that fat prick of a Carlton President. Anyway, as I'm leaving, Gil runs out saying to some other guy (perhaps a president of a second-rate club) 'hey, wait up, where are you staying?' To which the guy replied 'Crown'. Gil- 'can I jump I you cab'

Was thinking what a tightwad. What a loser. CEO of a billion dollar industry and still chasing down a guy to get a free cab. But then I remember when my brother literally bumped into Gil a few years ago at the footy. Actually, Gil bumped into him, causing his beer to spill. Civility dictates that you apologise and offer to buy a new beer, of which Gil did neither. My brother had to get back to the match but is still cut up to this day.

Anyway, that's my 'cool story Hansel' for the day.

As I've mentioned before my ram got into the neighbours paddock last summer.

One of his old, virgin ewes had her lambs today. She struggled & was rejecting the first one.
Seem's ok now but rejected the second lamb outright. Was trying to kill it basically.

So as I type I have a four hour old lamb at my feet, finally having a sleep.:rainbow::rainbow:

Bought some colostrum formula, it's a struggle but he's had some, had a cry, had a play & now sleeping.

Mrs OA is loving it.:)

Wish us luck, name is Sheeba, even though it's a boy.:thumbsu:

So sick of my niece and nephews passing me bug's making me sick all the time. Pop not feeling too good after a spew. #SOREABBS

One of his old, virgin ewes had her lambs today. She struggled & was rejecting the first one.
Seem's ok now but rejected the second lamb outright. Was trying to kill it basically.

So as I type I have a four hour old lamb at my feet, finally having a sleep.:rainbow::rainbow:

Bought some colostrum formula, it's a struggle but he's had some, had a cry, had a play & now sleeping.

Will one of the other ewes adopt him?

Will one of the other ewes adopt him?
No, tried that already, rarely works apparently.

They go by smell, it seems ridiculous that I can tell all the lambs apart but they have to smell the lamb to know it's theirs.

Having Mrs OA involved is your first mistake in this journey, secondly, never name anything that goes so well with tzatziki

No, tried that already, rarely works apparently.

They go by smell, it seems ridiculous that I can tell all the lambs apart but they have to smell the lamb to know it's theirs.

That's why we eat them and then not us. They can't be too bright.

In a different note. I smashed my bloody iPhone 6 screen today. Worst thing was I cancelled my insurance about 2 months ago as ive had it for years and never needed it. Is that always the way?

Anyway, anyone know whether I should go the genuine screen for replacement or is the aftermarket just as good? Any good repairers in the westerns suburbs would help too.

Sorry for any typos. It's hard to see any mistakes with this sham isle of a screen.

Holes too big for silicone, will check out your suggestion, thanks, tried old covers but different thread.

Try a trick a painter mate of mine does. Shove some news paper in the holes to fill as much of the void as you can then apply the silicon.

Definitely worth doing. We had a rental where the shower wasn't sealed properly and was slowly leaking through. Ended up with mould in the carpet, wall and bookshelves in the next room before we realised it was happening. The mould can also be a health hazard.

Nice work by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back