Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to PM you. The apartment was great. A one bedroom first floor 60 sq meter place at the back of the complex in a building built in 1912 and heritage listed. Only problem is the body corporate fee of $3600 a year because it has a room with 3 pieces of gym equipment and a small swimming pool. However, if I can get it at the right price I may well buy it. You would not believe the size of the internal courtyard around which the buildings are set at the Majestic. Spoke to a few residents as well. Given that the apartment may end up being let while I spend time overseas, the body corporate fees may not be such a pain. I have now seen 18 apartments in Elwood & St Kilda. The estate agent was even a nice guy. Gutsy act on his part to ask residents what they thought of the place and the body corporate. It and an art deco flat in Milton St Elwood are sharing first place and with the latter going to auction on the 5th of Dec, I fear its price will blow right out.

I was going to PM you. The apartment was great. A one bedroom first floor 60 sq meter place at the back of the complex in a building built in 1912 and heritage listed. Only problem is the body corporate fee of $3600 a year because it has a room with 3 pieces of gym equipment and a small swimming pool. However, if I can get it at the right price I may well buy it. You would not believe the size of the internal courtyard around which the buildings are set at the Majestic. Spoke to a few residents as well. Given that the apartment may end up being let while I spend time overseas, the body corporate fees may not be such a pain. I have now seen 18 apartments in Elwood & St Kilda. The estate agent was even a nice guy. Gutsy act on his part to ask residents what they thought of the place and the body corporate. It and an art deco flat in Milton St Elwood are sharing first place and with the latter going to auction on the 5th of Dec, I fear its price will blow right out.
feel free to PM any time.
and good luck
and 60sq m is a terrific size

I am camping on the Saphire coast of NSW at the moment and went to visit Mumbulla falls today. It is a sacred site to the Yuin people who have been initiating their men there for 20,000 years. The site comprises of a number of perfectly formed water holes connected by gentle water falls. Locals have been using the site for swimming and water slides for a number of years. Recently the Yuin people have asked the locals to stop swimming there because of the sacred history of the site. Many locals though are refusing to listen and continue to swim there. After visiting the falls today it struck me how little many people in this country respect sacred sites. 20,000 years of history is overlooked because it is a nice place to swim. For me this is what is wrong with this country. We have the oldest human culture here and we treat it with no respect. Makes me sad.

I am camping on the Saphire coast of NSW at the moment and went to visit Mumbulla falls today. It is a sacred site to the Yuin people who have been initiating their men there for 20,000 years. The site comprises of a number of perfectly formed water holes connected by gentle water falls. Locals have been using the site for swimming and water slides for a number of years. Recently the Yuin people have asked the locals to stop swimming there because of the sacred history of the site. Many locals though are refusing to listen and continue to swim there. After visiting the falls today it struck me how little many people in this country respect sacred sites. 20,000 years of history is overlooked because it is a nice place to swim. For me this is what is wrong with this country. We have the oldest human culture here and we treat it with no respect. Makes me sad.

Fair enough the Aboriginals want to acknowledge the history of the place but it's just stupid to have water holes and waterfalls and not swim in it because of ancient history. It should be enjoyed and swam in, I bet the old ancestors did...

good point
Fair enough the Aboriginals want to acknowledge the history of the place but it's just stupid to have water holes and waterfalls and not swim in it because of ancient history. It should be enjoyed and swam in, I bet the old ancestors did...
good point

I find myself agreeing with both of you.

I wonder if the Catholic Church would let me have a BBQ for me and me mates in the Church grounds next Sunday, after all the great lawn they have should be enjoyed and shared

I'm up in Echuca at the moment and just popped into the Beechworth Bakery for lunch before I head back to Melbourne. Who do I see? The flog of all flogs, Craig 'Hutchy' Hutchinson. I knew he was a big guy, but he's a much bigger lad than I thought he was.

I'm up in Echuca at the moment and just popped into the Beechworth Bakery for lunch before I head back to Melbourne. Who do I see? The flog of all flogs, Craig 'Hutchy' Hutchinson. I knew he was a big guy, but he's a much bigger lad than I thought he was.

Fine report confirming he is a very big flog.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what he's like in private these days, but he was a nice kid from a nice family when I knew him.

I saw him blind on Chapel St with a girl half his age. It was funny we were in a cab and someone goes who's that fat, bald campaigner? It's Hutchy!!!

He gives me the shits, he's a knob on Footy Classified.

No idea what he's like in private these days, but he was a nice kid from a nice family when I knew him.
I was introduced to Pickers last year in a social setting and I asked if Hutchy was a flog like he comes across as.
Pickers laughed, and said that is the first question everybody asks and then said no, he's actually a good bloke.

euphemism?

86cc4c13960e9d60ba51cc72e9e2e662.jpg

?

I've had most offal meats when I was growing up. I don't love all of them but the black pudd is king.

However I understand if people get freaked out by the blood aspect.

I view it as the best tasty sausage before chorizos were introduced/became mainstream in Aus.

Absolutely delicious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back