Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne water is of the highest quality. The long journey the water takes to to get from the reservoir to the tap, and the natural filtration that occurs during the journey is the secret. Shitty pipes might explain any odd taste. Buying filtered water in Melbourne is not required (even though I still do it). :)

So why do you do it?

Not necessarily . NZ doesn't have it

From the New Zealand government:

"The Ministry of Health strongly supports water fluoridation as a safe, effective and affordable way to prevent and reduce tooth decay across the whole population. Most tooth decay is preventable, and water fluoridation is a simple way to prevent it."

http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/preventative-health-wellness/fluoridation

Also I'm not sure how that's an argument that it isn't a good thing

Not necessarily . NZ doesn't have it
I think some places in nz don't do it, but most do. Like in many places, a lot of people wish they didn't

A lot of people are ignorant
The fact that it helps prevent tooth decay is well established and there isn't any solid evidence that it's unhealthy, not at the levels it's typically administered anyway.

It's interesting how people feel about stuff like this. Not many people seem to care about fluoridation but when the nz government tried to pass a law that folic acid (good for pregnant women) be added to bread, people saw it as an encroachment on their rights to decide what they do and don't consume

Because they see it as an infringement in their rights and believe it is unhealthy. I don't have a problem with it, maybe someone who does can pipe up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching a documentary a while back and they touched on the topic of fluoride in drinking water.
Apparently it is recognized as a poison which effects the brain. Apparently it is known to diminish brain function. The conspiracy theorists believe that it is purposely being pushed down peoples throats because the elite don't want the masses to be questioning too much. Apparently it is a ploy to dumb down the masses.
I don't really have an opinion on the topic. Just thought I would share.

I was watching a documentary a while back and they touched on the topic of fluoride in drinking water.
Apparently it is recognized as a poison which effects the brain. Apparently it is known to diminish brain function. The conspiracy theorists believe that it is purposely being pushed down peoples throats because the elite don't want the masses to be questioning too much. Apparently it is a ploy to dumb down the masses.

If they didn't do it we wouldn't have teeth by 30. I still question everything despite my 'flouridisation'. In small doses it's harmless.

I do have an opinion. Teeth used to rot and fall out in young children until it was put in the water. My cousin had false teeth at the age of 14. It has enabled dentists to concentrate on other than fillings since introduced to our water supply. If it is affecting anyone, it sure is not reflected in the age to which people are living.

Apparently.

I do have an opinion. Teeth used to rot and fall out in young children until it was put in the water. My cousin had false teeth at the age of 14. It has enabled dentists to concentrate on other than fillings since introduced to our water supply. If it is affecting anyone, it sure is not reflected in the age to which people are living.
Interesting. I also watched another documentary years ago which showed African children suffering massive tooth decay after fluoridated tooth paste was introduced to them. I watched it a long time ago and can't remember the reasoning behind it.
Personally I don't know enough about the topic to have an opinion either way but it seems that more and more people are starting to question it.

Yep Apparently :p
May be true may be a load of BS.

There are no reputable health, science or dentist association on Earth who dispute the use of fluoride in water.

In fact fluoride naturally occurs in water, they just add a tiny bit extract (1 part per million parts).

Why am I even debating this, wasn't this a tin foil hat argument from the 80s?

There are no reputable health, science or dentist association on Earth who dispute the use of fluoride in water.

In fact fluoride naturally occurs in water, they just add a tiny bit extract (1 part per million parts).

your not debating anything. I have already said on two occasions that I have no knowledge about the topic therefore have no opinion. I am just putting forward information that I have seen on doco's. Not claiming if it is correct or not.

On a side note. I just did a quick google search and your claim that no reputable health science or dentist association on earth disputes the use of fluoride is incorrect. There are many who question it and say it has long term risks and there are also many who claim it is safe.

By the way doesn't this discussion belong in the Freeman thread

On a side note. I just did a quick google search and your claim that no reputable health science or dentist association on earth disputes the use of fluoride is incorrect. There are many who question it and say it has long term risks and there are also many who claim it is safe.

By the way doesn't this discussion belong in the Freeman thread

Fluoride has been in Australia drinking water since the 60s

People have been drinking it for over 50 years now, where are these people coming forward with health complaints from it??

I've never heard of one. People just naturally love a good conspiracy theory

Fluoride has been in Australia drinking water since the 60s

People have been drinking it for over 50 years now, where are these people coming forward with health complaints from it??

I've never heard of one. People just naturally love a good conspiracy theory
Here are some quotes from very respectable doctors and scientists. Again I am not arguing against you. Just pointing out that there is a counter argument on the topic.

BLUEDIAM.GIF
"I would advise against fluoridation..Side-effects cannot be excluded .. In
NobelPrizeIntro.gif
Sweden, the emphasis nowadays is to keep the environment as clean as possible with regard to pharmacologically active and, thus, potentially toxic substances."
- Dr. Arvid Carlsson, co-winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine (2000)

BLUEDIAM.GIF
"The American Medical Association is NOT prepared to state that no harm
AMA-logo.gif
will be done to any person by water fluoridation.
The AMA has not carried out any research work, either long-term or short-term, regarding the possibility of any side effects." - Dr. Flanagan, Assistant Director of Environmental Health, American Medical Association. [letter]
BLUEDIAM.GIF
"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs.
AMA-logo.gif
Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a
long range basis.
Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable."
- Dr. Charles Gordon Heyd, Past President of the American Medical Association.
BLUEDIAM.GIF
"E.P.A. should act immediately to protect the public, not just on the cancer
epalogo.gif
data, but on the evidence of bone fractures, arthritis,mutagenicity and other effects." - Dr. William Marcus, Senior Toxicologist at E.P.A.
BLUEDIAM.GIF
"
Water contains a number of substances that are undesirable, and fluorides are just one of them"
stated Dr. F. A. Bull, State Dental Director of Wisconsin, speaking at the Fourth Annual Conference of State Dental Directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back