Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have completely failed to understand my point.

This has zero to do with anyone playing the gender card.

If after the video cuts in the aboriginal person had called the white person "white trash" could we make the conclusion that they were out of line and made a very inappropriate comment? Regardless of what happened before... Of course we could.

Which is exactly what has happened here (at least in respect to my comment)
Ok I understand what your are saying here.
I still disagree with you because I don't think she made an offensive comment towards him. But this is subjective and just my opinion. You may think otherwise and your well within your rights to think that.

I punt no more than $10 E/W and occasionally splurge out with a $20 on the nose...I've put $20 E/W on this just for shits and giggles at work. If it loses I'll give my mate crap and if it wins we'll go broke back mountain style!

I enjoy a beer at the races more than anything so if there's enough people that will go tomorrow, I'll show my face.
After everything, I'm not going to the races today, have to do stuff other end of town. Won't get back till 2.30 so have to give it a skip after all. Enjoy yourself if you get out there.
We've put the weather on for you

After everything, I'm not going to the races today, have to do stuff other end of town. Won't get back till 2.30 so have to give it a skip after all. Enjoy yourself if you get out there.
We've put the weather on for you
Just got to Sandy and wrecked after an ordinary flight. Will give it a miss also i think

No. If the guy is being a sexist and is patronising her and is belittling her then what is wrong with her making the comment that he is being a sexist..

You missed the entire point. Even if he was being patronising and belittling why does that necessarily make him sexist? I'm sure if he mentioned her sex in an argument there would have been a bloody furore. Which is exactly what she did... therefore SHE is the sexist.

I'm sure she had some valid reasons for trying to get him to I guess... answer a question properly (would be nice to see the whole segment not such a small chunk) but jeez this is a whole new can of worms to be introducing to Parliament! What are peoples' thoughts?

EDIT: I should say, avoid the comments section unless you want to scoop your eyes out with spoons.

I think that the first minute speaks for itself.
However she could have come back better.

Politics has gone downhill from the good old days of the wit of Keating.

Um.....

What happened before the comments is completely irrelevant to my post, she made a complete fool of herself with her comments and then the cringe-worthy attempted justification.

If the other guy in the video made an arse of himself before hand that changes absolutely nothing in regards to her comments and how she handled herself, this isn't primary school.

What your post is literally saying is that if we see someone go on a racist rant about how they hate Aboriginals, we cannot make any definitive conclusions about them or their comments until we hear what led to those comments being made :drunk::drunk::drunk:. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Whether the guy was a complete arsehole or not, she acted like a buffoon...
Think I have it now:

Man makes fool/arsehole/ of himself belittles female - not relevant
Female retaliates - buffoon.

Does that sum it up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the first minute speaks for itself.
However she could have come back better.

Politics has gone downhill from the good old days of the wit of Keating.
I got interested in Politics as a very young person listening to Whitlam, he was brilliant and never needed bigotry, sexism or offensive language to totally destroy opposing views.
Keating, while similar, was far more comical in the way he did it

I got interested in Politics as a very young person listening to Whitlam, he was brilliant and never needed bigotry, sexism or offensive language to totally destroy opposing views.
Keating, while similar, was far more comical in the way he did it
I remember two of my favourite quotes:
An abusive man shouting asking his opinion on abortion: "Let me make quite clear that I am for abortion and, in your case Sir, we should make it retrospective!"
and
"The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race."

I remember two of my favourite quotes:
An abusive man shouting asking his opinion on abortion: "Let me make quite clear that I am for abortion and, in your case Sir, we should make it retrospective!"
and
"The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race."
The first one I've used myself, albeit, not in such a classy way as Gough!

Guy I work with - his son owns a horse running in race 3 tomrorow in Doomben called Royal Hussy. Had one start for a win but he's pretty confident and it's fixed at $31 atm.

Know nothing about it but I'm curious at that price because he was expecting around $3-$4.
Easy $170 win for a third place and 20e/w

Think I have it now:

Man makes fool/arsehole/ of himself belittles female - not relevant
Female retaliates - buffoon.

Does that sum it up?

Lol classic response maggie

As has already been said numerous times, I was commenting on the video which showed the women acting like a buffoon.

If the man in this video was acting like a buffoon as well before the video cut in then I would also label him one. What a surprise people rush to make it a gender issue. She's female so you must defend her, I'm male so I must only be saying these things because I'm sexist and defending the man :rolleyes:.

Senators making idiotic sexist comments and then fumbling trying to defend themselves is simply not good enough, regardless of whether they are male or female.

Lol classic response maggie

As has already been said numerous times, I was commenting on the video which showed the women acting like a buffoon.

If the man in this video was acting like a buffoon as well before the video cut in then I would also label him one. What a surprise people rush to make it a gender issue. She's female so you must defend her, I'm male so I must only be saying these things because I'm sexist and defending the man :rolleyes:.

Senators making idiotic sexist comments and then fumbling trying to defend themselves is simply not good enough, regardless of whether they are male or female.
You seriously don't get it do you?
I am talking about the video!
Think about it. What did he say? My next comment was I thought she could have responded better.
Do you get it now?
You just rush to make it all about females. LOL.

Fairly close. Lobster Cave is a swish restaurant and well regarded. Enjoy.

Now you got me thinking about Royal Hussy... There's a lot of first starters in his race so you don't know though.

You might call it a house in NSW.
Down here we call it a cave:p
http://www.lobstercave.com.au

So so in distance.
Beaumaris is lovely, in case you don't know, a very well to do suburb.
Infamous for the disappearance of Eloise Worledge, kidnapped during the night January 1976. Scott St Beaumaris.
Anyway Beaumaris is a few suburbs away something like
Beaumaris, Black Rock, Sandringham (Sandy) then Hampton, Brighton, across to gardenvale then Caulfield.
Not too many cheap house in that lot. But lovely friendly suburbs.

Wow, what a sensational meal. $90 surf and turf but worth every penny. Steak sensational, lobster tail, calamari and sides, can highly recommend for a special occasion. Was great for kids also

Just got to Sandy and wrecked after an ordinary flight. Will give it a miss also i think
Enjoy your day with the out in laws ;)
Wow, what a sensational meal. $90 surf and turf but worth every penny. Steak sensational, lobster tail, calamari and sides, can highly recommend for a special occasion. Was great for kids also
yes, I've had it once before, delicious....
I didn't get home till 6 so there was no chance of making races, though I listened on radio to some of them.

New topic of the day: Michael Moore

Michael Moore has always pandered to the interests of the American left-wing, which essentially means basically everyone in Australia. His films tend to be entertaining takes on serious subjects and helped bring feature-length documentaries to a mainstream audience, but that doesn't stop him from using those subjects to his advantage as a persuasive film-maker. There's nothing inherently wrong in being persuasive, of course not, but there is a duty of care you have to those you're trying to persuade. What I mean by this is, you shouldn't be taking advantage of people just because you can take advantage of them, which is what I believe he's trying to do now. Here's an excerpt from his website:

High School Students of America:

Imagine a place where you don’t have to do any homework, and you don’t have to take those ridiculous standardized tests. Or how ‘bout a place where your public school lunch is a luxurious four-course meal that you have the time to enjoy each day. Imagine a country where all college is free — and it’s impossible to find anyone who has a student loan to pay off. Can you believe there’s actually a place where teenagers can easily get birth control with no parental permission, and that when it comes to getting free health services there’s no issue because, even as a teen, the society respects that only you should have control over your own body. Imagine a world where no hall passes are required to go to the bathroom, where school is not an assembly line (and it doesn’t start at 8 in the friggin’ morning!). And what if, on top of all of this, you could vote at the age of 16 and have a real say in your future.

Well, that place exists. It exists in many countries, all over the world. In fact, in every advanced industrialized country, one or more of the above is already happening every single day. But not here in the U.S.A.

http://michaelmoore.com/wheretoinvadenextteens/

For me, this goes too far, trying to push children & teenagers to do his bidding for him. Maybe it's just the language he's using here, maybe I should just go watch the movie, but for someone with a lot of influence it just seems all too over-the-top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back