Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Did he refer them?

bhahahahahahahahahah! I swear I"m not making this s**t up.

Bresnan to Watson, OUT, Bresnan strikes! He has Watson lbw in the last over before lunch! Great ball, angled in and Watson moved across with the front pad and missed the ball, he's rapped right in front and Dharmasena gives it lbw. Watson chats for a while with Rogers and eventually makes the decision to review it. It's a poor decision because that was plumb. That's not how to use the review system

SR Watson lbw b Bresnan 30 (57m 42b 6x4 0x6) SR: 71.42

Not the second one though.
Anderson to Watson, OUT, big appeal and gone! It's lbw and will he review? Not this time he won't. It looked very straight. Nipped back a fraction from just outside off and struck him dead in line. Really, Watson couldn't have dared review that one. Lovely bowling, again, from Anderson

SR Watson lbw b Anderson 20 (31m 23b 3x4 0x6) SR: 86.95

hi all. sitting here with nothing to do at the moment, contemplating the meaning of life:confused: one thought i had is regrets in life, which i have none of any real significance. except, i am 55 years old and never played a game of aussie rules, i came to AFL in my early 40's alas too late for me to be drafted. i played soccer all through my childhood and have played futsal for the last 15 years or so. but talking to people who have played aussie rules and from my enjoyment of watching the game, the attributes needed to play ie. fitness, athleticism, courage and vision to name a few i can only imagine how thrilling it would have been to play:( hats off to you lucky bastards who have played this wonderful game.

hope this post wasn't too deep and meaningful.

hi all. sitting here with nothing to do at the moment, contemplating the meaning of life:confused: one thought i had is regrets in life, which i have none of any real significance. except, i am 55 years old and never played a game of aussie rules, i came to AFL in my early 40's alas too late for me to be drafted.

Doesn't matter. Sign up with the Lions Academy and within 5 minutes Knightmare will have you in the top 15 in his draft rankings for 2016.

Should join a masters team jason pm. Plenty of them around.
yes did speak to the local club the grand kids play at, they said i could come down and have a go. but in talking to a few of the players i would have been the oldest by quite a way. then i thought AFL 9's but watching a few games at half time at the gabba, no where near competitive enough for me. thanks for the tip. i've got an off season to consider if i want to ramp up the average age of the local masters team by a few years in 2016.

yes did speak to the local club the grand kids play at, they said i could come down and have a go. but in talking to a few of the players i would have been the oldest by quite a way. then i thought AFL 9's but watching a few games at half time at the gabba, no where near competitive enough for me. thanks for the tip. i've got an off season to consider if i want to ramp up the average age of the local masters team by a few years in 2016.

Wow - I thought it looked really full on ... I'm in my mid 30s.

Doesn't matter. Sign up with the Lions Academy and within 5 minutes Knightmare will have you in the top 15 in his draft rankings for 2016.

And have you going to Collingwood because their drafting is so good. Either that or you will be going there in two years anyway.

hi all. sitting here with nothing to do at the moment, contemplating the meaning of life:confused: one thought i had is regrets in life, which i have none of any real significance. except, i am 55 years old and never played a game of aussie rules, i came to AFL in my early 40's alas too late for me to be drafted. i played soccer all through my childhood and have played futsal for the last 15 years or so. but talking to people who have played aussie rules and from my enjoyment of watching the game, the attributes needed to play ie. fitness, athleticism, courage and vision to name a few i can only imagine how thrilling it would have been to play:( hats off to you lucky bastards who have played this wonderful game.

hope this post wasn't too deep and meaningful.

Go out and play an over 45's game mate. Just one if need be. Just to say you have. Don't know where you live but know my local Masters team would be happy to have you along.

If you're basically in shape have been playing futsal etc then over 45's would be ok I think. There are guys playing 45's that look like Artie Beetson. I would steer clear of 35's though as there are plenty of guys who only quit playing senior footy in the last couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go out and play an over 45's game mate. Just one if need be. Just to say you have. Don't know where you live but know my local Masters team would be happy to have you along.
thanks for the info. i thought masters was over 35's or is there a separate over 45's comp? if so does it have a different title, progression masters then old farts? i live in the beaudesert area but not in town, will look up on the net see what's on offer.
If you're basically in shape have been playing futsal etc then over 45's would be ok I think. There are guys playing 45's that look like Artie Beetson. I would steer clear of 35's though as there are plenty of guys who only quit playing senior footy in the last couple of years.
thanks. yes i was thinking that about the over 35's, wouldn't want to run into a robbie copeland or martin pike type:eek: then again hope lethal isn't playing in the old farts league.

I heard he's lost a lot of weight.

Too soon?:oops:

thanks for the info. i thought masters was over 35's or is there a separate over 45's comp? if so does it have a different title, progression masters then old farts? i live in the beaudesert area but not in town, will look up on the net see what's on offer.

thanks. yes i was thinking that about the over 35's, wouldn't want to run into a robbie copeland or martin pike type:eek: then again hope lethal isn't playing in the old farts league.

35's is usually referred to as Supers I think but they're both technically Masters. If you're in Beaudesert then I think a Jimboomba or GC team might be ok for you? Jimboomba had a 35's but not a 45's team this year but it might just need some suggesting to get a 45's team going. Here's the draw with teams from this year: http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=3765233

35's is Supers and 45's is Masters. If you're in Beaudesert then I think a Jimboomba or GC team might be ok for you? Jimboomba had a 35's but not a 45's team this year but it might just need some suggesting to get a 45's team going. Here's the draw with teams from this year: http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=3765233
thanks a lot brizrider, will look into it. i'm off to the tv now to watch a few episodes of fringe or mr robot. great viewing by the way.

and thanks for all the info. on the over age footy guys/girls really appreciate it. nighty night

I've played footy my whole life and played 35's the last 2 seasons and can honestly say it was the most fun I've ever had playing footy. Go for it! All masters clubs I've dealt with seemed very inclusive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back