Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Car parking? Near the footy? I don't believe it.

Next you'll be tellling me you Melbourne folk have a train station right outside the ground.
Funny!

I should have taken a photo of the car park advertising [little 'A' frame boards] on the Bourke St footbridge - right outside the train platform entrances, while on the way out of Docklands yesterday!

Car parking? Near the footy? I don't believe it.

Next you'll be tellling me you Melbourne folk have a train station right outside the ground.

or you brother lives a 1 min walk from the G - parks his car out the front of his appartment and when you arrive, gives you his car park and parks his underneath his appartment .. must say never had a problem parking at the ground.....

Which player do you think was most unlucky from the pre-2001 Lions to miss out on playing premierships (for whatever reason)? Ooga? Champs? Matthew Kennedy? Brett Voss? Stefan Carey? (tongue in cheek with those last 2)

Which player do you think was most unlucky from the pre-2001 Lions to miss out on playing premierships (for whatever reason)? Ooga? Champs? Matthew Kennedy? Brett Voss? Stefan Carey? (tongue in cheek with those last 2)

Max Kennedy without a shadow of doubt.

You know what confuses the everliving grief out of me?

We have technology to tell us when someone crosses a line. We have technology that tells us when a cricket ball has touched a bat. WHY don't we have the technology to defintively give us a result when a review is called for a score?! If the AFL is going to do something, why isn't it making sure they have the perfected product before they roll it out?!

Did anyone else experience that 15mins of 'new' bigfooty?

View attachment 68418
Yep.

"Private browsing" eh?

a65957ab-a34a-488c-b554-41c8b456e3fe-460x276.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Bennett’s return to Brisbane Broncos a big blow for Brisbane Lions’ presence in Queensland market

THE Lions have been dealt a devastating blow in the battle of the codes by NRL supercoach Wayne Bennett’s return to the Broncos, according to a leading sports marketing expert. The managing director of Major League Marketing Jason Greenhalgh predicts Bennett’s towering presence in the Brisbane marketplace will hit the Lions and Reds hard unless they can find a story that captures the attention of fans and potential sponsors alike and suggested AFL legend Leigh Matthews took a more public role with the club.

Greenhalgh ranks the Lions at the bottom of Brisbane’s four football teams for marketability and said although they had a lot of young talent that gave hope for a bright future they risked a slipping temporarily off the radar. “The Lions are going to really struggle finding a headline with Wayne Bennett back in town, the only thing that can save them is on field success and with their young list that is a while away,’’ he said. “They are in for a painful few years and rugby would be thinking the same.

“I really think Leigh Matthews could give the Lions something to talk about, he still demands media attention, because you can write about Wayne Bennett until the cows come home because of his standing in sport and the community.” The announcement the master coach is heading back to Red Hill has already had an impact at the Gabba where it is understood the Lions have stalled the announcement of their new CEO until the frenzy over Bennett abates. The shortage of profile at the Lions was highlighted yesterday when assistant coach Simon Black was used to promote the Q Clash. Greenhalgh, who has worked for both the Reds and Broncos, says Bennett’s profile would deliver significant commercial benefits to the Broncos.

You folk up in Brisbane are better placed than I to provide any sort of comment on the veracity of such a story.

I did find the bolded an interesting point though.

How much press would the Lions get anyway in appointing a CEO? Honestly, it's not the sexiest of news regardless of the situation. Tenth page from the back in the Courier Mail probably.

I laugh that Bennett would make any difference to the saturation of coverage the Broncos and league already get in Queensland. Broncos do well, do poorly, do indifferently it doesn't matter.... still news. For a marketing guy, he seems pretty dense.

How much press would the Lions get anyway in appointing a CEO? Honestly, it's not the sexiest of news regardless of the situation. Tenth page from the back in the Courier Mail probably.

I laugh that Bennett would make any difference to the saturation of coverage the Broncos and league already get in Queensland. Broncos do well, do poorly, do indifferently it doesn't matter.... still news. For a marketing guy, he seems pretty dense.

Yesterday, I saw Wayne Bennett in a jedi costume on what I assumed was the back page of the Courier Mail that was lying flat on the table. I tried to open it from the left hand side, and realised it was the front page. He was also on the back.

I don't think 'a story' is what holds back our ranking in Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back