Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

.....but he was harmless and meant well - i keep thinking he is probably locked up somewhere and will return after his stint!
Unfortunately another of the "the club's not doing it right" crowd IIRC. It's amazing that the posters who constantly insist that certain players are rubbish and the coach is s**t, find themselves unwelcome from time to time.

Unfortunately another of the "the club's not doing it right" crowd IIRC. It's amazing that the posters who constantly insist that certain players are rubbish and the coach is s**t, find themselves unwelcome from time to time.

But surely they have the right to express this opinion, Skoob. Disagree and debate with them if you like but there's no need for them to feel unwelcome?

But surely they have the right to express this opinion, Skoob. Disagree and debate with them if you like but there's no need for them to feel unwelcome?

Some people find that people disagreeing and debating with them makes them feel unwelcome, which is unfortunate but not something that can really be controlled in a forum that's actively about discussion.

It's about balance. If the only posts people make are negative then eventually others will tire of them. After all, it's all about supporting our team. There are plenty of others to bring us down without us assisting the process.

It's about balance. If the only posts people make are negative then eventually others will tire of them. After all, it's all about supporting our team. There are plenty of others to bring us down without us assisting the process.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone has at least one of those people in their section at the Gabba who just lives off the negativity, howls every time players make a mistake, thinks everyone wants to hear their blatantly obvious analysis of why it was a mistake, sits quietly with arms folded when something good happens, and seemingly thrives on deathriding one particular player all game long.

Everyone else rolls their eyes at that guy, and it's no different on a forum really.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone has at least one of those people in their section at the Gabba who just lives off the negativity, howls every time players make a mistake, thinks everyone wants to hear their blatantly obvious analysis of why it was a mistake, sits quietly with arms folded when something good happens, and seemingly thrives on deathriding one particular player all game long.

Everyone else rolls their eyes at that guy, and it's no different on a forum really.
And if you don't, that means it's you!

Same rule as the loony on public transport

And if you don't, that means it's you!

Same rule as the loony on public transport

I stopped catching public transport because of the loonies on it.

My neighbour said it quietened down right after I stopped. :drunk:

dlanod pretty well summed it up. If someone's opinion is unpopular, they'll know about it. The more ridiculous comments are, the more derision they receive, purely in disagreement. If an individual has those sort of moments repeatedly, then they'll probably find more opposition than understanding, disagreement and debate, as you say. Some though, refuse to concede that maybe they are wrong when the majority disagree, constantly. Undoubtedly that will produce feelings of unwelcome. Can't help that. Because they feel unwelcome to half a dozen outspoken posters, they imagine them as some sort of gang.
Some of those people no longer here were ridiculous posters who went against the grain of most people.
Most of us have made unpopular statements at some stage. Many of us have been unreasonable from time to time, and most of us have been told so. Most people are cut a bit of slack based on the balance of their posting being reasonable. Whatever an individual's circumstance though, it is their choice to stay or go (aside from the few who were so ridiculous they were banished).

Never met/seen one tbh. Not saying they don't exist but can't fathom why they would pay for the 'privilege'.

Never met/seen one tbh. Not saying they don't exist but can't fathom why they would pay for the 'privilege'.

Definitely got one in my section and have seen the same types in different sections I have sat in over the years. I suspect James North and Whatboutbob know the guy I am referring to.

The point is even more clear on a forum if anything though... what else can a poster's reputation be formed upon if not based on what they post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke in my section last year would loudly abuse Browny all game. I mean, what do you possibly gain as a supporter from bagging a champ?

A black eye.

Bloke in my section last year would loudly abuse Browny all game. I mean, what do you possibly gain as a supporter from bagging a champ?
A one way trip to Browny's farm? Like all the troublesome neighbourhood cats that used to go to my neighbour's farm. It must have been such a fun place because they never came back from holidays.

I think if they're trying to keep older folks happy, the Stones would be a better idea ... even though they're older, they've still got something and are true greats.

Quite possibly they would be too expensive.

I think if they're trying to keep older folks happy, the Stones would be a better idea ... even though they're older, they've still got something and are true greats.

Quite possibly they would be too expensive.
Yep, but would still be epic. Especially with Lisa Fischer in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back