Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Not sure where to post this.... What happened to the stats on the afl app. IIRC there used to be very detailed stats available straight after the game. appears to have disappeared. Stats included things like disposal efficiency, 1%ers etc. do you need to join afl live pass to get them now?

Liking Buckley on 360 this year, a good inclusion.

Not liking this constant setting up of Malthouse by Stevens in the post match press conferences. He seemed to be making an effort with the media this year. Don't see why he should if he has to put up with Stevens and his rubbish.

Liking Buckley on 360 this year, a good inclusion.
Not liking this constant setting up of Malthouse by Stevens in the post match press conferences. He seemed to be making an effort with the media this year. Don't see why he should if he has to put up with Stevens and his rubbish.
I dislike both, so I love it; Malthouse getting riled up so easily and Stevo being shot down, it's great.
My dream is that at some point, they'll punch on.:thumbsu:

When deciding who to go for last week in the first game of the season, it came down to seeing Mick Malthouse Carlton (MMC) in the press conference after a loss. I then realised that there was a very good chance that sourpuss stevo Seven (SSS) would be up for the stoush. I didn't like the way the "Team" were feeling sorry for SSS when I believe he either doesn't know how to ask questions or MMC just can't stand him and takes every opportunity to have a go.

MMC gave him the teenage monosyllabic answer which he then answered in full when one of the teacher's pets ASKED a question.

SSS - grow a smile or learn how to ask questions…

but then we wouldn't have this sport - the 5th quarter MMC vs SSS

Oh, look at that, who's playing tomorrow night…:D

Who's going to lose :cry:

Who's going to get cranky:mad:

Who's going to be looking forward to the 5th quarter :cool:

Please SSS go to Perth ;):)

Edited: :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Richie Benaud.

:(
Wow, I don't normally get bummed out by "celebrity" deaths, but that really sucks. Was apparent to anyone who saw him over the summer that he looks increasingly frail and thin, but I somehow thought he'd fight through it. Vale.

RIP Richie. Well known as the voice of cricket but he was a great Australian cricketer, captain and bowler as well. One of the first leg spinners to attack batsmen changing angle from around the wicket. Post cricket he became a journalist first then a commentator and was a legend in the box as well as on the field. He will be missed.

sad sad day. Was truly the voice of a generation sporting wise. You could barely find anyone in Australia who didn't know who Richie Benaud was. Have spent my entire life listening to his voice every single summer and have missed it over the last few years. Hopefully he last days were peaceful and without pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back