Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Just like Collingwood, & Richmond wear an away strip? If there is no clash,

we wear maroon, blue & gold.

And what dlanod said.
West Coast wear an away strip and clash strip (different colour to their main).
Bulldogs have separate clash and away strips, but do use the same colours.
No it isn't, or at least it wasn't originally. The traditional jumper is used in NSW, Adelaide and Perth games if it isn't a clash, and the white jumper if it is.
For the record, we wore white against GWS this year, didn't play in NSW in 2014 and wore white against the Swans in 2013.
We wore the 'away' red against Port in Adelaide last year and in 2013.
Similarly, we have either worn red or white in Perth over the last 3 years.

So, back to my original point, the red guernsey is our away strip, and has been for 3 seasons.;)

So, who's organised the BigFooty end of season trip? Where we going this year?

With Burton leaving I'm really excited to see how the players 'look' physically next year. Expecting to see all the boys looking a lot bigger and stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Burton leaving I'm really excited to see how the players 'look' physically next year. Expecting to see all the boys looking a lot bigger and stronger.

Any change in Fitness regime is going to take a few years to really show changes. Think about it this way any new person comes in near the end of this year has to familiarise themselves with all the data, generate some targets for the guys going on holidays which will mostly be similar to last years just because they don't really have a reference point. Then they'll be preparing pre season programs for them that will have to be a little cautious on the bulking side because the last thing we need are a spate of soft tissue injuries next year. So i'd probably suggest tempering expectations about any changes in body shapes for next season. Second season guys of course will make gains just because they're young and underdeveloped and will have full training loads for the first time since coming aboard (1st year draftees do about 65-75% of full load in their first season) but our older guys may take a bit longer to show changes (if indeed this is what the aim is which frankly we're just guessing).

Any change in Fitness regime is going to take a few years to really show changes. Think about it this way any new person comes in near the end of this year has to familiarise themselves with all the data, generate some targets for the guys going on holidays which will mostly be similar to last years just because they don't really have a reference point. Then they'll be preparing pre season programs for them that will have to be a little cautious on the bulking side because the last thing we need are a spate of soft tissue injuries next year. So i'd probably suggest tempering expectations about any changes in body shapes for next season. Second season guys of course will make gains just because they're young and underdeveloped and will have full training loads for the first time since coming aboard (1st year draftees do about 65-75% of full load in their first season) but our older guys may take a bit longer to show changes (if indeed this is what the aim is which frankly we're just guessing).

No chance of me tempering expectations, where's the fun in that? ;)

You're right though it will take time, still expect to see some changes in how the boys look next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back