Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Welcome to a tale where another resident of fun country chooses to tell a story of his own embarrassing moment ...

So ... I have tomorrow off ... which means that mentally today, for me, was Friday. So far so good. I leave work with no intention of returning in the morning and wend my way home. Somewhere during the process I forget that it was not notional Friday but segued over into actual Friday. So around the 7:50 mark I settle down in my TV watching chair, with my football watching snack etc and am very confused to see some weird non-football programme showing on channel 73. Ah, I think, 'tis a final and potentially a really good game so they have decided to show it on the main channel 7 this time ... switches over and see Voice/X Factor (one of those things) on ... surely they are going to show the game this is ridiculous ... back to the computer ... re check the game start time ... yep 7:50 but a little weird that it is still showing buy tickets not pregame etc. So I pull up a TV guide (which defaults to Melb programming) and it is not even on in Melbourne. At this point the light dawns ... it is *Thursday* night you idiot - the game isn't on until tomorrow.

On a philosophical note - those who believe that if you believe something enough it will happen ... apparently my sincere, undoubted belief that it was Friday evening was *not* enough to get those boys out of the field and playing ... *sigh*

So what do you do when you make an idiot of yourself and no one knows about it - you type it up on a public forum of course! :)

Increasingly, I am finding myself watching the Marngrook Footy show & rarely watch the Footy show on 9. Is this merely a case of the AFL footy show getting very tired & moving down the path of the tabloid journalist and becoming unwatchable or is it the initial stages of me turning into an old man? I haven't started talking about the good old days, & don't really bitch & moan about the umpires but I fear it can't be far away.

View attachment 174790

Maybe you are just growing up. Tonite, Robert Walls, Leo Barry & finishing with 2 minutes of us v the pies 81 semi-final. Nothing comes close to Marngrook for loving the game, or lack of personality promotion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at my 2012 Lions team poster (the terrible one with the guys in a coliseum with Lions etc.)

38 out of the 48 players in that poster are no longer on our list! in 3 years! wowee.

Also, Polec, Docherty and Yeo are all standing together and they all look miserable!!

Just watching our 2009 elimination final and from a Carlton kick in in the 4th quarter, there were 12 players (6 each team) starting the kick out on the other side of half way (including 4 players in the opposing 50). These days there would be lucky to be 4 players on the other side of halfway, let a lone have 4 players in the opposing 50.

Sadly it's not the same game anymore. Our game might as well be called zoneball now.

The aggro on the FA/Trade thread is getting me down. Thought I might lift the tone.
tumblr_nlc5dxnQ2m1uq2n6jo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back