The real story of the killing of Bin Laden

Remove this Banner Ad

we can't, obviously (and im not quite sure why you're singling out western governments here). i

I single out Western governments because we have greater expectations of democracies than other forms of government. Our representatives are accountable to the people that elect them. If it is obvious that our representatives cannot be trusted to be truthful on major issues of state then we need to know what agenda they are really serving.

If it is obvious that our representatives cannot be trusted to be truthful on major issues of state then we need to know what agenda they are really serving.

i think this comment is too generic to be of much use. in the example of OBL's killing, the "agenda" may have been to not encourage islamic militants to cut captured US soldiers into little pieces and scatter them over a mountain. but who knows what agenda may underpin the next lie or half truth.

i think this comment is too generic to be of much use. in the example of OBL's killing, the "agenda" may have been to not encourage islamic militants to cut captured US soldiers into little pieces and scatter them over a mountain. but who knows what agenda may underpin the next lie or half truth.

We can be as specific or generic as you like. You have accepted that our elected governments lie to us on major state issues. Why are you not concerned that our government is operating under agendas that are kept hidden from those who elect them?

We can be as specific or generic as you like. You have accepted that our elected governments lie to us on major state issues. Why are you not concerned that our government is operating under agendas that are kept hidden from those who elect them?

shrug. i guess I just expect it. and because I don’t think that those who elect them are automatically owed 100% disclosure on each and every issue.

shrug. i guess I just expect it. and because I don’t think that those who elect them are automatically owed 100% disclosure on each and every issue.
Of course it's a matter of national security.
Complete disclosure is for your psychiatrist. A government who told the truth! That would only happen in a dream

I agree not that is unrealistic to have full disclosure on each and every issue - but that's very different from being told a pack of lies on major issues. When governments lie to the people they are meant to ask we are entitled to ask whose interests they really serve.

I agree not that is unrealistic to have full disclosure on each and every issue - but that's very different from being told a pack of lies on major issues. When governments lie to the people they are meant to ask we are entitled to ask whose interests they really serve.

often the interests they serve are their own.

I find it interesting that you pride yourself on debunking conspiracy theories but you have so little to say about major government lies.

what's so interesting about it?

and i thought we agreed that the killing of osama was unimportant? what major government lies do you feel I have been ignoring?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back