Autopsy The reason why you never became a sporting legend...

abs_of_STEELE

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Brighton&Hove Albion
After getting selected for a year 9 football trip to Adelaide, the future was all mine. But then I got the flu, went on the trip anyway, damaged my left ear on the plane due to mucus blockage and ended up playing a shocking game before going to hospital that night in Adelaide.

Probably would have a Brownlow by now if that didn't happen.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
After getting selected for a year 9 football trip to Adelaide, the future was all mine. But then I got the flu, went on the trip anyway, damaged my left ear on the plane due to mucus blockage and ended up playing a shocking game before going to hospital that night in Adelaide.

Probably would have a Brownlow by now if that didn't happen.

Sorry that you missed out on a Brownlow but delighted that you wrote 'mucus blockage' in this thread! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Total lack of sporting talent....plus the attention span of a mosquito...was never gonna happen..

Is this you?

su1avNo6HXkNZ5XqP9WjdcpPfGIvTQcHXI6RDvkwrQiVzwqQyUYQv8sMQGZc-eUci9GtQwoiT1r0xxJ3fkE1AtrnyWxEW8rkyhOXfmXKz0QWcwXIkIeRCPXW5TGwg1MYTeK9aWEU3X42X7ckxv8LPeB3V9U-pWVh0RVZEvGmboCVLWKwVItMT4K7-w=w297-h317-nc

Played soccer as a junior. Was selected for various regional and Vic teams. Played club football with Viduka. He was something else and went on to bigger things and made his millions, while I like so many other teenage players with talent would succumb to that which ruined many a career.... alcohol and pu$$y.

Played soccer as a junior. Was selected for various regional and Vic teams. Played club football with Viduka. He was something else and went on to bigger things and made his millions, while I like so many other teenage players with talent would succumb to that which ruined many a career.... alcohol and pu$$y.
I'm sure Mark also got his fair share

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
Who says I wasn't a sporting legend? Hey, I played alongside Peter Russo and Warwick Irwin not to mention Dean Jones. That's got to count for something surely!

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I turned rebel as soon as I hit year 7. Trying was uncool and the A crowd played sport and stuff everything the A crowd stood for, ya' know?

I played for Calder Cannons at U/16 carnival. Trained for the U/18 but never made the squad.

Played local footy, and then once I turned 18 I got invited down to Coburg VFL (as did anybody that had been on a U16 list i think.)

Made it through pre season and was going to get a crack in the 2's but blew out my ankle filling in at indoor netball with the x girlfriend. 6 months on crutches, and goodbye lucrative future career...

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
I played for Calder Cannons at U/16 carnival. Trained for the U/18 but never made the squad.

Played local footy, and then once I turned 18 I got invited down to Coburg VFL (as did anybody that had been on a U16 list i think.)

Made it through pre season and was going to get a crack in the 2's but blew out my ankle filling in at indoor netball with the x girlfriend. 6 months on crutches, and goodbye lucrative future career...

:thumbsu:

Muzzy, think your x girlfriend will post in my next thread 'the marlin that got away'.

Won my first B&F when I was 10 and my second when I was 47. And I consumed copious amounts of things in between. This is my legend. I'm going with it.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You more than most could have been anything.

Instead you have succumbed to a punishing industrial work ethic.

Getting 35 disposals and kicking 5 or 6 every game gets monotonous... I still get get a call from Dekka every draft night. "Are you sure mate, are you sure?"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
You more than most could have been anything.

Instead you have succumbed to a punishing industrial work ethic.

I'm a worker bee. Buzz buzz buzz. Reckon I coulda been a good "clubman". The kind of depth any premiership team is built on.

MightyRoar

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was pretty handy at most sports but never had the professionalism and dedication to ever want to go further with any.....drinking and partying was more important. Would rather play ressies and then get on the piss afterwards and watch the seniors play and with cricket, well we just used to drink whilst we played......figured that rooten, shooten and drinken was more important at the time!!

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
yeah, ah, never really had the body habitus to be much of an athlete.

Now Shotput on the other hand, thats something I could see myself doing.

Back