Johann Wagner

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard Yoey
See if he still thinks it's a win after Burgo is finished with him in Dubai
Took the words right out of my mouth .. was just thinking about the players next Dubai trip.. I have been there a few times myself and it gets very bloody hot.

Sorry to intrude guys, been watching the show closely throughout and since the first episode Yoey has been head and shoulders above the rest. I think you guys should be stoked that you get him for practically nothing, elite pace and has a good size too.

Would be a massive effort if he could break into your side one day, I will be watching him closely either way. Well done on the pickup.
I think he would be a good story, one of the most liked players, port fan favourite if he got a game, anyone who watch the show could see his talented and a good bloke, hope he gets a game next year, even if its against Saints or Melbourne. Good luck to him, I look forward to seeing his progress.

Surely Port is the worst club for him to go to in-terms of getting a game.

Gray, Wingard, Monfries are all good leading small/medium forwards.

I guess it won't be easy getting a game at GC or GWS either with all their young talent.

Would have thought Melbourne would be interested as at very least he would bring a touch of media spot light.

He'll spend next year in his home state with our SANFL side and if he's good enough he'll be given every chance. If Jake Neade - the smallest player in the AFL - can break back in and flourish, it'll be all in front of Yoseph.

I guess it won't be easy getting a game at GC or GWS either with all their young talent.

Would have thought Melbourne would be interested as at very least he would bring a touch of media spot light.

Gray and Wingard will progress to the midfield, Monfries is aging and injury prone. Neade is really the only long term option there, there's a spot for Wagner. It's probably one of our weaker long term positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a viking name, Johann. Johann Wagnerök (Ragnarök :))
His nickname can be Ragnar lol.

t7fyI2WWsEg.jpg

Would be even more special if they don't get a payment for producing an AFL draftee because it was through the TV show. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, the junior club gets it. Not Centrals.

Well done to Yoey! Good to have him on board.
Im confident with the role Burgo had in the recruit that Burgo believes he is the most likely to make the grade or the club would have opted to go for one of the other players. Its good to see our club is first choice again like it should always be!

Well done to Yoey. Was my favourite and pick to win it from the start. Kicked 8 goals in the first match they played and stood head and shoulders above the rest from that point on. Pushed his body to the absolute limit and seems to be made of the right stuff. Loved Kochies speech, even if the result was already known.

Given his position on hf flank as a smaller forward, I would have assumed we had that position covered with Wingard/Gus/Neade/gray

Has nothing to do with the club & culture itself. That's entirely different

The club would have not offered him to join if it believed he had nothing to offer the club.

I've heard a lot of the clubs weren't eligible to draft him as they had already exhausted their cat B rookie spots hence only 3 clubs nominating to take him.

Haven't researched that fact though, I'm just throwing it out there like I'm Andrew ******* Capel

Probably not true, as they said during the episode that the AFL constitution was changed for this particular competition. He could have literally gone to any club that elected to take him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back