Johann Wagner

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo was high with praise for bloke on triple m a while back when the show started, tried to get him down to Adelaide a few times. Really thinks he has it

I've heard a lot of the clubs weren't eligible to draft him as they had already exhausted their cat B rookie spots hence only 3 clubs nominating to take him.

Haven't researched that fact though, I'm just throwing it out there like I'm Andrew ******* Capel

Not true. Every club would have been able to accommodate Wagner under existing cat B rules for season 2015.

To be fair to CaptnHeffo_PAFC chins McEddie said something along those lines on melbourne radio this morning.

Not a dig at heffo at all.

By the way, at this stage, Collingwood only have 1 cat B rookie for 2015, Mason Cox. Their other cat B rookie (Mooney) was in his 3rd year so had to be promoted or delisted. He was delisted.

Not a dig at heffo at all.

By the way, at this stage, Collingwood only have 1 cat B rookie for 2015, Mason Cox. Their other cat B rookie (Mooney) was in his 3rd year so had to be promoted or delisted. He was delisted.
He went on to say that if the recruit show continues it should be a free hit for all clubs, i assume he means outside the cat b he was waffling on really, i guess clubs already have guys earmarked for those spots next year?

He went on to say that if the recruit show continues it should be a free hit for all clubs, i assume he means outside the cat b he was waffling on really, i guess clubs already have guys earmarked for those spots next year?

I'm sure a few clubs have guys earmarked - some have already been announced but that really wouldn't limit them. Most clubs only have 1 or 2 cat b rookies and even Brisbane, GC, GWS and Sydney who have academy/zone picks for cat b would still have space.

Welcome aboard Yoey
See if he still thinks it's a win after Burgo is finished with him in Dubai
Burgess et al had the contestants on The Recruit do pretty much everything you could have expected AFL players to do in a pre-season. Wagner'll be the least surprised new player in the 2015 pre-season.

Edit: reworded as on reflection the original post was garbled. Sorry scottjr

Last edited:
Burgess et al did pretty much everything you could have expected AFL pre-season players to do to the candidates on The Recruit. Wagner'll be the least surprised new player in the 2015 pre-season.
Yeah but not on the same day

Love the forward pressure and chase down highlight.

I reckon that's how we'll try and use Joey at AFL level as a defensive forward. Think forward half Paul Stewart but quicker and stronger overhead.

The way your CEO spoke was really impressive, made Port sound like a real destination club.

I reckon everyone knew he'd pick Port due to the Burgess and home state connection, so they didn't want to lose face by getting rejected by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10419590_10204509704010202_5574089756698449374_n.jpg

Shooting a bit high there, Wagner & the Tall ex-Volleyballer maybe
Waylon and the volleyballer. Insane upside. The rest are just chaff. Couldn't believe they allowed a 31 year old to enter lel.

The volleyballer got absolutely pantsed by everyone's favourite future Port Adelaide player Nick Jackson in a Lions v Suns ressies match where the volleyballer was playing for the Suns. An absolute bath, didn't get near it.

Jackson might not even get drafted, and will be pretty late if he does.

It would be frustrating to see this guy end on an AFL list because of a TV show when a kid giving up 7 years and 8cm who absolutely towelled him up when they met misses out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back