Johann Wagner

Remove this Banner Ad

- PAFC Hall of Fame
- PAFC Greatest Team, Centreman (Vice Captain)
- Life Membership

What else is there to bestow?

well now that his sons will be F/S eligible, perhaps a Russell Ebert stud farm

I'm all for more acknowledgement to Russell

surely he would be one of the next few into legend status in the (V)AFL hall of fame

but say back to yourself the Russell Medal award

it sounds ridiculous
OK then how about..

"The Russell Medal Award Trophy"

brilliant

I called it last year... Ollie Wines is going to be THE best handball to advantage player in the competition bar none.

At the moment, I think Sam Mitchell just has him covered - JUST, I cant wait for Ollie to be a 100 gamer!!!

It was actually a bit of a joke......there around 40 players on the list and the only way he can get a game next year is if there are heaps of injuries (footy gods forbid!)

I hope he can crack a few games eventually!

This might not be the case next year with our 105% salary cap and likely 39th/40th position on the list being pick 111, 129.
Looking like a possibility that we'll enter 2015 with 38 on senior list with 2 nominated rookies.

So if that eventuates, it'll be a battle amongst the rookies (Cat A & B) for the 2 remaining spots.

I called it last year... Ollie Wines is going to be THE best handball to advantage player in the competition bar none.

He's got one of the best to learn from in Robbie Gray.

Which player does he resemble or play like?

Quicker Paul Stewart (as a forward) is the best comparison I've heard.

I only just noticed Russ in the pic ... doh

what do u mean still with it? He'd only be 60yo?

22 June 1949 (age 65)

Russ now getting the old age pension????????? ... ;):$

Agree, but then Dangerfield's throw in this year's first Showdown was acknowledged as a handpass by his biggest fans, I mean, the umpiring officials.
And then Johnny Butcher get done for a legitimate handball - campaigners

At the moment, I think Sam Mitchell just has him covered - JUST, I cant wait for Ollie to be a 100 gamer!!!

No doubt about it but this is also one of Ollie's flaws that he needs to work on. He seems to want to handball straight away, no matter the situation, and puts his team mates under pressure on quite a few occasions.

The boy is a beast and I can't wait for him to tear this comp apart and am hoping that Round 5 at AO is a huge day for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So back on to Yoey....

There is no doubt that the lad has talent but the expectations need to be tempered. Take a look back at all of the "Superstar" type reality shows (soccer and cricket) that we have had in this country. Not one of them have made it to date. Bentleigh Green had 2 winners of the competition in their side in the FFA Cup.

That is hardly making it.

I am hoping that with the professionalism and knowledge of the Port coaching and support staff that this is the best opportunity any of those winners have had.

On crutch's... Not the best start to his AFL career!

Anyone know why?

He must have been shattered
tumblr_liw0c51Gub1qge5eo.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back