The 'Recruit'

Remove this Banner Ad

I did like the twist of the internationals, shame DJ didnt get the arse, his attitude is rubbish and he doesnt seem to be able to back it up.. he didnt want to be anywhere near contact during that game.

Also the less of Ben Dixon the better please

Am liking the work of the jackal, I don't think he will win but is like him to. .. seems to be a good bloke, built like a brick shithouse and went OK in the game with the prisoners it seemed

Haha Vossy telling DJ to not answer him back, saw the old school Voss come out then, he had wanted to beat that annoying little rat.
I've never been a Michael Voss fan but him ripping DJ a new hole was something I enjoyed immensely.

Surprised that DJ didn't get delisted to be honest
As was I. Then it was pointed out to me that there was some stuff in the preview that hadn't happened yet, Maybe next week.

Then again, Ratingz. :confused:

Yank has no chance Irish kid could be the smokey
Haven't seen them do anything yet other than about a minutes worth of screentime in the game this week.

With these two coming in it makes Brodie a bit less special, He could end up getting picked up by us or Brissy as a project pick though.

So the players who played the worst in the game were nominated for delisting.
They all should have taken a leaf out of Waylen's book and not played against the prisoners then.
Seems unfair because surely playing poorly is better than not playing at all.

They all should have taken a leaf out of Waylen's book and not played against the prisoners then.
Hang on, he didn't play? I must have missed that. Why?

Didn't watch the show? Waylen played.

I think that poster means that Waylen was "so bad" that it seemed like he didn't play.

Only highlight of him that I remember was when he set up a goal with a nice tap down from a contest at one stage. For all we know he might have done plenty of other things that weren't flashy so didn't make the cut with the editors. We saw like 15 mins of cut up action from the game... don't know how you can make such definitive judgements of his game overall off of that compared to Voss etc who would have seen the whole thing.

Waylon played.. But very little was shown of him, they are keeping him well and truley hidden. The coaches criticise the guys from their testing results ( Smithy is fat, Semmel can't run, Jackal not quick etc) yet we have not heard a single thing about Waylon?

Anyway, I really feel as though DJ is a little misunderstood, his attitude is questionable and he has questions marks on his hardness but his skills and fitness are there. I don't think he is good enough to go as deep as some of the others but I'm certainly not a DJ basher.

The show was average tonight, Wagners highlights the best part, he's head and shoulders above them.

I loved the Yanks attitude. I thought DJ might get the arse this week, and so did he. I thought I did see Waylon playing in the Prisoner game, but they didn't show much of him. I think we saw tonight why reality TV show competitions aren't true tests, because decisions are also made based on who can give the show ratings. Not just who's the worst or best footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I really feel as though DJ is a little misunderstood, his attitude is questionable and he has questions marks on his hardness but his skills and fitness are there. I don't think he is good enough to go as deep as some of the others but I'm certainly not a DJ basher.
Not really, he's just a *******. Nobody's questioning his skills or fitness, just everybody has had enough of his attitude. And so far, he has done next to nothing to prove that he is entitled to that attitude, not that anyone is. He had to stand up in the game, and didn't, and he can't blame anyone but himself for that. So how exactly is he misunderstood?

Not really, he's just a *******. Nobody's questioning his skills or fitness, just everybody has had enough of his attitude. And so far, he has done next to nothing to prove that he is entitled to that attitude, not that anyone is. He had to stand up in the game, and didn't, and he can't blame anyone but himself for that. So how exactly is he misunderstood?
It's something I've seen often in life. The person who is the most critical of others about something always gives the impression they must be great at whatever it is, and turn out to be s**t at it.

It's something I've seen often in life. The person who is the most critical of others about something always gives the impression they must be great at whatever it is, and turn out to be s**t at it.
And the one that is the nicest guy or the most unassuming one that just goes about their business are usually the ones that are the best.

See: Jackal, N. and Wagner, J.

I think that poster means that Waylen was "so bad" that it seemed like he didn't play.

Only highlight of him that I remember was when he set up a goal with a nice tap down from a contest at one stage. For all we know he might have done plenty of other things that weren't flashy so didn't make the cut with the editors. We saw like 15 mins of cut up action from the game... don't know how you can make such definitive judgements of his game overall off of that compared to Voss etc who would have seen the whole thing.
We needed to see more, but I noticed that nice tap on in the pocket which resulted in a goal, another good ground ball pick up and quick handball for another goal assist and a ruck knock that he won against a taller opponent. Not in the game, but his awareness and evasiveness in one of the drills we saw briefly was impressive.

I don't see why the captain wouldn't use his call to save the weakest member of the 3 nominated. Surely the weakest being in the comp longer makes the chances of the rest of them better.

I don't see why the captain wouldn't use his call to save the weakest member of the 3 nominated. Surely the weakest being in the comp longer makes the chances of the rest of them better.
I'd be making a few deals on the sly!
"if you win the captains challenge you save me from the bottom 3 and if I'm captain ill save you"

Semmel is a gun, just a solid inside mid.

Wagner seemed to like getting out free but also didnt want to go to close to the action.

Wouldnt mind actually seeing the game!

See this is the thing that shits me about the show, I want to know how each guy tests, what are their stats? How are they tracking in comparison to each other. I dare say had we been given access to that data it would be plainly obvious that Waylon has absolutely no right to be on the show.

Didn't see Waylan in the vertical leap test either. Would find it hard to believe he wouldn't lead the way there.

Someone like Puopolo nearly fits this bill. Short, average skills, average endurance etc. but has burst speed that sets him apart from other state league players and allows him to play a valuable role with the Hawks.

Puopolo was a totally different player at SANFL level to what he is now though. For one, he played primarily as a back pocket. I suppose a lot comes down to whether a coach/club thinks you can fill a particular role.

They will keep him hidden until about the final 5 they will look after him its really pathetic

Waylon played.. But very little was shown of him, they are keeping him well and truley hidden. The coaches criticise the guys from their testing results ( Smithy is fat, Semmel can't run, Jackal not quick etc) yet we have not heard a single thing about Waylon?

The show was average tonight, Wagners highlights the best part, he's head and shoulders above them.
?? I don't think you'd have heard that Jackel isn't quick!
He'd be the quickest there I'd put my left nut on it. He's seriously quick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back