The 'Recruit'

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jackels delisting doesn't bode well for Semel who also is 26. I really thought that Irish twit would be gone tonight, but good on Vossy for challenging his poor attitude.
They had to keep him another week. No point getting rid of him straight after they got rid of the yank. He only got a bit of story line this week and nothing really before that. They can't keep talking about the original guys over and over so he's needed for more story.

Semi-competent. Like a lot mentioned already in this thread - Sam Dwyer, Dickson, Gordon, Goodes, Terlich, Hutchings, Howlett - guys who only fill the bottom few spots in the team.

The Barlow's are few and far between. There are some good role players like Lee Spurr and Baguley. Hibberd has some class, Zorko. I'm trying to think how many late picks ups are actually classy top line players.
Nothing about this show suggests they think they're going to get a "classy top line player". That's an unreasonable expectation.

They're just looking for someone that could have an AFL career at whatever level.

Understand the decision based on the concept but geez that would have been hard for Jackel to cop.
His attitude and speed is AFL standard but it takes more at his age and height.

Sensational bloke and a sensational player at local level.
You'd reckon there will be No shortage of handsome offers for blokes like he, Semmel and Moreland if they don't win from local clubs.

Jackel looks like a poor man's Kane Mitchell, even with great effort with a low ceiling it's not surprising he got cut.
Good comparison.
You'd take those blokes with you anywhere,anytime and they are really good players.
Just not enough tricks at the highest level.

Because Jackel has no outstanding traits that would see him have a long AFL career. Exactly what midfield would he crack? His skills seem to be a major letdown.

The other two are younger, more athletic have far more scope for improvement. Jackel will be a local footy star, but isn't cut out for AFL.
Probably ours. Would be useful depth and would be interested in comparing his stats to someone like Hutchings... Jackal has been mentioned as having elite speed, which is certainly something we lack.

Reckon Jackel might've made a decent tagger or defensive forward.
There's no way he had the tank to be a defensive foward or tagger in todays game, as they said he had speed but didnt have high skills or large enough tank

Would like the show to at least mention where the extra fill-in players come from rather than just pretend they don't exist.
I feel as though this is something they should have explained from the outset... I guess thats the beauty of reality TV its made for idiots who dont think

Jackel looks like a poor man's Kane Mitchell, even with great effort with a low ceiling it's not surprising he got cut.
But without mitchell's tank.

Found it hard to watch jackel be cut. Bloke is absolute class.

Thought it was inevitable but that it'd be next show.

There must be something about Padraig that you don't see watching the show.

Shame about Jackel, but he does look like a state league player at best. Be great to see the guys from the show running around at state league level to see how they compare.

Someone like Ballantyne who was drafted later than most based on his performances on the WAFL is short and quick but is very creative and kicked 80 goals to win the Sandover playing for Peel. He's gone on to be an above average player at AFL level at 25 or whatever he is now. Kane Mitchell (as above) won the Sandover as a hard running mid with Claremont but is in and out of the Port side and a regular sub. His advantages at WAFL level (pace, endurance) are levelled playing in the AFL so he's dime a dozen.

Someone like Sam Gibson on the other hand who no one really raves about in terms of disposal or pace is a regular at North and wins plenty of the ball after debuting at 26 so there is hope for guys with great endurance toiling away at the lower levels.

Nah Chris Moreland is a better prospect then Maxwell, couple of reasons. 1. His one year younger. 2. His a better player. 3. He knows the game and already skilled and developed.

Maxwell is well behind the 8 ball giving his age and knowledge of the game.

Sorry thought Reece was 25, his 23 my mistake, but I'd still choose Moreland over Maxwell.

He is or he's, FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe we have an irishman, a former basketballer (albeit a very likely type), a top level volleyballer ahead of genuine country football stars. Bemusing really

Probably because that's all they project to be - country football stars. The "non-footballer" actually have unique/above-average traits about them that create a point of difference, and like it or not, present them with more of a chance to succeed in some way at the next level than some short, average skilled 26-year-old midfielder.

I'm curious to learn about the attitude the Irishman was displaying to get that spray from Voss at the delisting, I was sure he was gone after that.

That All-Star v Recruit match was in round nine, is that three months ago now? I know Reece said he was on a break for a little but that's a long time between shows.

I'm curious to learn about the attitude the Irishman was displaying to get that spray from Voss at the delisting, I was sure he was gone after that.

That All-Star v Recruit match was in round nine, is that three months ago now? I know Reece said he was on a break for a little but that's a long time between shows.
Pretty sure they filmed it all up to the live final months ago and you'd think they'd mainly do it in a straight block of filming.

On another note. What the **** has Shane Warne done to his eyes.

he looks like he has had an "eye job" looks bloody weird.

As soon as Wagner showed issues with his back you knew Clarke was going to pick him as Captain.

If there is only 3 weeks to go there will need to be a double cut next week. I'm guessing it will the Irish guy and Bradey. Top 3 Wagner, Goss and Maxwell, so they can talk about the "upside" that Maxwell has.

I think Jackels delisting doesn't bode well for Semel who also is 26. I really thought that Irish twit would be gone tonight, but good on Vossy for challenging his poor attitude.

I only watched the first ep but Jackal was still in it??

Short, old, slow, average skills.

Sure he can play but a bloke like that is never gonna be an AFL player. Never ever ever.

Show is such a wank.

Jackal was in my top three along with Semel and Moreland but the way this is panning out I think it is going to somebody without a football back ground.

The only non-footballer to be booted off was the Yank because he was just a 6 foot 10 penile extension.

Funny because when the show was first advertised and promoted it was all about players who for some reason or another missed out on there chance to play afl, trying to find the next Barlow, Pod's etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back