Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Is this going to be the place we officially talk about 'The Recruit'? I guess it is as good as any spot.

I don't have fox so I watched the online stream and was pleasantly surprised. The show was really good, a great mixture of people involved in the show and well directed with not too many over the top heart wrenching D&M cap that floods reality shows these days.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the show. I think Wagner, Hutchinson and Foster are the only chances to take it out. Waylen could go deep but I just don't know how he will find the motivation to keep going through the hard work. Maybe just need to ensure there are hot chick's looking on at every training session? lol

Waylen could go deep but I just don't know how he will find the motivation to keep going through the hard work. Maybe just need to ensure there are hot chick's looking on at every training session? lol
Might scare off recruiters saying he wants to take every footy groupie that's keen out for a drink lol.

Could see the Jackal, Hutchinson and the Basketballer picked up along side #DontMessWithTheJohann and the volleyballer

Johan should look amazing at his age having come through the SANFL system while playing against a bunch of blokes who largely play suburban/ammos and have long since reached their ceiling.

The gaps we're talking about are enormous.

I watched the premiere but I didn't pick up if there were any South Australians in the players group. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Shooting a bit high there, Wagner & the Tall ex-Volleyballer maybe

They interviewed Ryan Fitzgerald last week on 5AA about the show. He said the volleyballer is main one to watch out for plus the bloke from Port Lincoln, Sam Gray's mate who either had a car crash or some accident at 18 - hurt his back and it curtailed his career. I think he is at Centrals at the moment.

Johan should look amazing at his age having come through the SANFL system while playing against a bunch of blokes who largely play suburban/ammos and have long since reached their ceiling.

The gaps we're talking about are enormous.

Fitzy handed over the phone to Johan Wagner and speaks to the AA crew for 3 or 4 minutes about 5 minutes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waylon and the volleyballer. Insane upside. The rest are just chaff. Couldn't believe they allowed a 31 year old to enter lel.
hey, the cows have to get their recruits from somewhere :)

I watched the premiere but I didn't pick up if there were any South Australians in the players group. Can anyone confirm that for me?
Johann Wagner was the only one that I seen. Looked to be one of the favourites. I think he kicked 4 goals in the first half and got a wrap from Burgo for endurance.

Waylon and the volleyballer. Insane upside. The rest are just chaff. Couldn't believe they allowed a 31 year old to enter lel.
Yeah liked the Volleyballer the fact that he has been involved with elite sport before and knows what it takes would be an upside. Was he 204 and good hands and a game face. I liked Waylon but can't see him getting a spot on a list for the fact of the run kept saying that he just wanted to give up.
Would not want that attitude in my side. Great talent though and funny.

I have a suspicion that there is a PAFC board member involved in producing this show...

...and that next year, depending on its success, they'll be looking to include potential international recruits.

Just caught up on this weeks episode. Very enjoyable show.

There's no doubt Waylon's matured a lot and he seems to fit in quite well with the group. I just hopes he makes it far enough to get stuck into some proper training and games.

The blonde guy seems like a dick.

Just caught up on this weeks episode. Very enjoyable show.

There's no doubt Waylon's matured a lot and he seems to fit in quite well with the group. I just hopes he makes it far enough to get stuck into some proper training and games.

The blonde guy seems like a dick.
Johncocky doesn't just seem like a dick, he was pretty arrogant in the first episode too & acts like a total douchebag.

I'm surprised Smith saved him from being delisted, which he would have been because apart from the beep test he didn't do much else that week. Not only that but he could've done everyone a favor by getting rid one of the favourites to win it early.

I didn't really like the way they all ganged up on Waylan in the mental challenge, 5 blokes telling him they wouldn't have him on their team is bullcrap because i'd be picking him ahead Ty Armitage. Seems they're all too scared about telling it straight to a flog like DJ, he got off lightly.

I think Reece Maxwell & his elite agility excited Darren Burgess lol.

volleyballer in the mighty black and white.....

14319473954_e95b1b442c_c.jpg

14296968366_2cfcca21d5_c.jpg

14133578367_6b9d61a82a_c.jpg

Is Waylon - Waylon Mason from the Kimberlys and was on the GWS list in 2011 in the neafl taken as a 17 year old?

If so i heard some stories from blokes who played against him when I was working in the Broome in 2011. He is an athletic freak but very shy. Comes from a small community IIRC about 100kms from Halls Creek.

There are some talented footballers in the show ( particularly the lad from the Kimberley region of W.A. ) but the vast majority of `reality tv is bullsh*t at the best of times, and whilst I may be the odd man out (geez who would have thought lol ), the whole production so far, with its telegraphed punchlines and amateur dramatics,would rival a Mexican soap opera.

The less said about Voss the better, and as for Fitzy, he appears to be trying to recreate Jack Nicholson's part in Cape Fear.
With those withering looks down a hooter that would hold 10 oz of gold dust he comes across like a cobra that hasn't had a feed for a fortnight but has finally lucked in and found a nest of baby field mice whose mum and dad aren't home.

As for his comment of the millenium, ` one of you blokes is gonna win this, ' FFS, surely he can do better than state the bleeding obvious.

volleyballer in the mighty black and white.....

14319473954_e95b1b442c_c.jpg

14296968366_2cfcca21d5_c.jpg

14133578367_6b9d61a82a_c.jpg

When were these taken? Was this the not-for-points Showdown mid year that the Crows won by 100?

Is Waylon - Waylon Mason from the Kimberlys and was on the GWS list in 2011 in the neafl taken as a 17 year old?

If so i heard some stories from blokes who played against him when I was working in the Broome in 2011. He is an athletic freak but very shy. Comes from a small community IIRC about 100kms from Halls Creek.
It's the same Waylon Manson that failed to get picked up in the draft a few years back & is still as shy as he was then.

As hard as the mental challenge was for him I hope he overcomes that & goes far in this comp, he's got some freakish skill & has more ability/marketability than most of the others on that show.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back