The Recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't seem very realistic - not like Vossy!

Guy from the main board thread (who knows a producer fwiw) says that the show is fairly scripted in terms of what we actually see compared to the actual reality of the show.

Interesting to see that the recruit will nominate his team of choice after all 18 clubs put in pitches to the said player.

Guy from the main board thread (who knows a producer fwiw) says that the show is fairly scripted in terms of what we actually see compared to the actual reality of the show.

Interesting to see that the recruit will nominate his team of choice after all 18 clubs put in pitches to the said player.
I hope he doesn't nominate EFC.

how come? Johann Wagner would be an absolutely perfect situation.
(edit: I seriously doubt they would nominate us. The whole ASADA thing would be enough to sway them off us)
It's a reality tv show. Has any participants from these type of shows gone on to have a successful professional career? No. There are reasons why they fail when the cameras have stopped filming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a fun watch, doubt any of the players will land in our lap in the end. Goss is an Essendon supporter so on the off chance he makes it to the end and we're willing to take him we'd be in the box seat.

I don't know if the 'recruit' will be successful.. but I do know that guys like Hibberd and Baguley were floating around because an opportunity hadn't come their way yet..

There is a couple that I think would be worth the rookie spot.. Goss is not one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree, but I think Fitzy does his role quite well. The woman is dreadful, Dixon awful and everything Burgess says seems scripted.

I don't know if the 'recruit' will be successful.. but I do know that guys like Hibberd and Baguley were floating around because an opportunity hadn't come their way yet..

There is a couple that I think would be worth the rookie spot.. Goss is not one of them.
True, Baguley and Hibberd were playing VFL. The players on the show play at levels well below that.

I reckon they have packaged the show pretty well for something that hasn't been done in AFL before. Not too many cringe worthy reality TV show moments

True, Baguley and Hibberd were playing VFL. The players on the show play at levels well below that.
Ya, I get that.. I am just aware that we have become obsessed with talent identification at a really really young age.. and some guys take a little longer to develop.. hence why the 'expansion clubs' were good in one way.. made clubs look around and see that there are a lot of 22-24 year olds that have now filled out and are 'ready made' AFL players. Not all of them will be guns.. but there is a heap of really good 'depth' players floating around VFL/lower leagues.

Put it this way.. if a club gets a shot at a Cat B rookie.. pays him 45K.. he gets a few games in the VFL.. there isn't really a lot of risk is there?

how come? Johann Wagner would be an absolutely perfect situation.
(edit: I seriously doubt they would nominate us. The whole ASADA thing would be enough to sway them off us)

I would've thought on that reason alone they'd be more interested in coming to Essendon. If they think our players will be recieving bans they have a much better chance of getting a game then if they go to Sydney/Hawks etc.

Yoey will probably go to Port or Adelaide being a South Australian. Who love him at Essendon though.

Ya, I get that.. I am just aware that we have become obsessed with talent identification at a really really young age.. and some guys take a little longer to develop.. hence why the 'expansion clubs' were good in one way.. made clubs look around and see that there are a lot of 22-24 year olds that have now filled out and are 'ready made' AFL players. Not all of them will be guns.. but there is a heap of really good 'depth' players floating around VFL/lower leagues.

Put it this way.. if a club gets a shot at a Cat B rookie.. pays him 45K.. he gets a few games in the VFL.. there isn't really a lot of risk is there?

I agree with this. If they are good enough to play at the elite level, they will get drafted. Fair points though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back