Toast The Resurrection of Jarrad Waite

Remove this Banner Ad

Well as a club admin, I'd offer him a fair wage for one year.

A player dropped twice in one season is in no position to be demanding anything. If other clubs are circling, let him ponder whether his achievements at Carlton in 2015 will be up to a standard to be granted a 1 year extension into 2016.

*standing ovation emoticon*

Reckon it's best any talks are put on hold until the end of the season.

His last 3 weeks have been terrific and suddenly he's footballs hottest property,
let's see what the next 3 weeks brings..............and that could be anything in Jarrad Waite World.

From what I can glean, he's getting 2 year offers, would hope a One Year deal with an option based on 16 games in 2015 would secure him.

Exactly right, he has been very good in the past 3-weeks but we have seen this so many times before.

What he does in these remaining matches is anyone's guess ??

So what did people think of his game tonight against the Cats ??

IMO, he was miles below the standard he set for himself over the past month and at times, looked lazy and coasting. It was the "old" Jarrad tonight who does a couple of good things and makes you think he is going to flick the switch and completely light up the ground but we all end up staying in the dark for the whole night.

IMO, he was miles below the standard he set for himself over the past month and at times, looked lazy and coasting. It was the "old" Jarrad tonight who does a couple of good things and makes you think he is going to flick the switch and completely light up the ground but we all end up staying in the dark for the whole night.
Wasn't a great night for tall forwards. Waite's 2 goals was the best return of all the tall forwards tonight, but no doubt it was not a game Waite would want to hang his hat on however the frenetic pace of the game meant the delivery into the respective forward lines was somewhat haphazard to say the least.

Against a poor GC we didn't feel the loss of Hendo, tonight we did. We play best with Levi, Lachie & Waite because all three demand a first defender and it means one or two get to run riot.

It was a step up in talent trying to stop him tonight. I thought his game was much better than lazy and coasting. I thought he kept at it all night and looked stuffed in the last quarter. Henderson certainly would have provided him the break that White couldn't. It seemed to me that Waite, White and Casboult got too close to each other in forward contests which allowed Geelong to have two or three guys working at the contest. I would have liked a bit of spread because Waite had the leg speed to get away from the Geelong defenders. Apart from that I thought he made a real contribution tonight. I've always been a glass half full sort of guy.

I heard that. But Loguidice was on triple me pregame and said Waite has told us he wants to stay and a deal should be finalised in the coming weeks.

Who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if we should read too much into this but in today's Tackle Column by Mark Robinson, in a Likes mention of Chris Yarran, Robbo wrote Waite's contract talks have been held off and that he is goneski.

Robbo might be opinionated oaf, whose constant defense of James Hird and Essendon against the AFL/ASADA is staggering, but I get the feeling, in this instance he is right.

Don't know if we should read too much into this but in today's Tackle Column by Mark Robinson, in a Likes mention of Chris Yarran, Robbo wrote Waite's contract talks have been held off and that he is goneski.

Robbo might be opinionated oaf, whose constant defense of James Hird and Essendon against the AFL/ASADA is staggering, but I get the feeling, in this instance he is right.

Robbo right?

He also said gibbs was gone.

Waite put off talks last time too. So did Cloke. He's just angling for a better deal.

He can angle all he likes but he has no bartering chips, its either take what we are offering or walk.

Isn't that his bargaining chip? We lose a player the club has stated they want to keep for nothing but a 4th rd pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back