• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Should account for Melb and Bris.
Fancy our chances against Hawks. Buddy to give us inside knowledge on Hawks. Tippett, Goodes and Reid back in the side and the backline with confidence, LRT back there where he belongs too should give us a red hot crack.

Normally go well against the Dons

Geelong will be tough.

Goldy up there generally in great weather should be a belter. Somehow silence the little master and we are a big show.

EVERYONE TAKE A DEEP BREATH...
Despite how badly we have played, I say it again, we only need a handful of players to lift, and we will see significant on-field results.

Mark my words, Sydney will lift dramatically.

Good on you for keeping the faith theta.

Recent losses by Freo, North, and Essendon improve our chances of receiving a home final.

Of we win 2 of the next 3 , I will be happy. For some reason I like our chances more against the hawks than Geelong . Wins against hawks and bombers will set our season up and will give us a chance of making the 4
Nice call Superstar swan. Now we move onto the Dons and a chance to really put ourselves back into contention for a chance of top 4. Looking at the potential for some poor form &/or injuries leading to some previously unexpected losses by teams like Hawthorn, Essendon & Freo then I'm thinking top two may not be as impossible as it seemed early. We’d obviously need a perfect run though.

Sitting 5-3 now so best case is that we don’t lose again and we end up 19-3 and would probably be top 2. However, it’s more likely if we are going to lose some games then it will likely be the following games:

WINS: Essendon, Suns, Tigers, GWS, Eagles, Blues, Saints, Dogs, Tigers
LOSS: Cats, Port, Hawks, Port

As you can see, I rate Port this year and provided we win those games not highlighted then we’d be 15-7 which would be ball park 4th or 5th IMO.

One thing I notice is the early round losses to GWS could come back to bite us. Say we lose a few more less likely games (e.g. Eagles or Tigers) and then we’re probably not looking at a top 4.

It would certainly be nice to knock off Geelong or Port in the next few weeks, that would really give us a great chance at top 4.

I watched the Port game we can beat them they were vulnerable for a large portion of that game but due to Fremantle non existant forwardline they couldn't make them pay on the scoreboard.

Geelong, Suns, Port and obviously the Hawthorn rematch are probably going to be our toughest games but honestly who knows the way this season is going we will probably drop a game or two against a lowly ranked side.

We have taken huge steps in the past month but as we started 1-3 we are always in a way playing catchup, longggggggg way to go yet.

Adelaide win over pies strengthens top 4 prospects. Things are definitly moving in the right direction. Very unpredictable season.

Adelaide win over pies strengthens top 4 prospects. Things are definitly moving in the right direction. Very unpredictable season.
Well done. You were one of the few that was consistently optimistic and right about our top 4 chances this season......and you took a lot of heat for remaining positive. Welcome back on board to the many who threw the toys out of the cot and proclaimed 2014 over! For a few weeks I thought we had been overrun by suicidal Richmond supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done. You were one of the few that was consistently optimistic and right about our top 4 chances this season......and you took a lot of heat for remaining positive. Welcome back on board to the many who threw the toys out of the cot and proclaimed 2014 over! For a few weeks I thought we had been overrun by suicidal Richmond supporters.
cheers, but to be fair, I had said top 4 was probably gone, but I stuck firm on a top 6 finish. The possibility of top 4 will probably end up having less to do with our w/l ratio and more to do with the unpredictable nature of the season (other teams w/l).

Long way to go yet, but I remain very confident.

If we dont get injuries to key personnel we will hopefully go deep

The win against freo was our most important since 2012.

The win against hawks was our best since 2012.

The win tonight against Essendon was the most enjoyable win to watch since 2012.

The team is now close to 2012 form.

The midfield is top-notch atm, the forward line is beginning to sync, but the backline is only at 90% of 2012.

Bring on Geelong, Suns and Port. (hopefully we're not too rusty coming back from the bye!!)

...again, there's still a long way to go, but...
WE'RE BACK BABY!! YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!

With the way the team are playing at the moment , it's hard to see a game where will overwhelming underdogs. The wins are there if we really want it

The guys look hungry and confident, and if they continue to build, AND stay fit and positive, its hard to see who can stop them.

Its still so early in the season though.....its hard not to be overly optimistic when we see performances like we saw tonight.

:drunk:

The win against freo was our most important since 2012.

The win against hawks was our best since 2012.

The win tonight against Essendon was the most enjoyable win to watch since 2012.

The team is now close to 2012 form.

The midfield is top-notch atm, the forward line is beginning to sync, but the backline is only at 90% of 2012.

Bring on Geelong, Suns and Port. (hopefully we're not too rusty coming back from the bye!!)

...again, there's still a long way to go, but...
WE'RE BACK BABY!! YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!

God damnnnn.

Im having trouble thinking of a game when the swans played better then they did tonight. Yes geelong were stretched due to missing defenders, but still...wtf did we just watch?

For me, the 3 above games plus tonight's have been some of the most enjoyable H&A games to watch since the swans/eagles rivalry.

Hard not to be very optimistic about the future.

Also, I notice the home final poll has narrowed....down to 50\50 now, haha.

There is a pretty big gap between us and Geelong/Hawthorn at the moment.

Yeah... I got this one right... kind of :D

Am I alone having a strong desire to smash the smart mouth bogans from western Sydney by 150 points in a few weeks time. As much as I enjoyed smashing cats last night a pummeling of the bogans will be more enjoyable. Tippett 10, Buddy 8.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but last nights win won't mean too much if we lose the next two because we would struggle to finish top 4. Freo and Norf have very soft draws coming home while we still have to play hawthorn and port away

Back