Will Sydney receive a home final?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but last nights win won't mean too much if we lose the next two because we would struggle to finish top 4. Freo and Norf have very soft draws coming home while we still have to play hawthorn and port away

Yep it's the predicament we put ourselves in dropping the GWS game it means we just have to keep winning, oh and Grim remind me again why do people keep whinging we have a easy draw?

Yep it's the predicament we put ourselves in dropping the GWS game it means we just have to keep winning, oh and Grim remind me again why do people keep whinging we have a easy draw?

Because COLA

lid is slightly ajar right now!

it's all good to stand tall after thursday's bloods bath, but we still have many big challenges ahead:
If our opponents were rocky characters so here's the run ahead:
Port @ SCG: Clubber Lang, Despite the headlines it's PORTS season so far they have beaten everyone and still haven't got the fight they deserve. In 2 weeks we will find out, who deserves the accolades. can we sustain the hits long enough to test port's endurance? this will be a great battle but will it be CLI or CLII?

Hawks @ MCG: Apollo Creed II Everyone but the champ knows we beat them the first time we faced off, never the less this is going to get bloody, the hawks will be taking us seriously this time, They will train harder have most of their guys back and it's on their turf, it's going to epic THIS is going to be THAT game that everyone talks about for 2014. it's going to go down to the wire and in the end both opponents will walk out bloody. this one's going to be decided on the mid field can we continue to sustain the rapid body shot's and land a vicious knock out punch like Mal did in in the 2012 grand final? we will know in round 20.

Port @ AO: Ivan Drago put on your warmest winter coat August 9 we had to Australia's moscow, in the midst of the cold a Hostel crowd we face a freak of nature, "whatever he hits, He destroy's" the Hawks like Apollo never stood a chance against this beast. They may not even need to Breathe at win at South Australia's home of football. This match will never live up to the hype of the Hawks at the MCG, but it will be our most challenging, this ones for the footy purist.

everyone else is just bump's on the road to these matches, yes we need to keep winning but if we can't 2 outta of these 3 we won't get near the pointy end of september.

Our final big test before the finals lay ahead in the next 3 weeks. We're going to have to play a lot better than we have the last 4 weeks if we want to win.

Good to see some key losses by Hawthorn and Port recently, their cracks are starting to show.

My take on our run home.

Dawks - Toss of coin. Don't care if we drop this one. Hawks have a tough run home and will drop probably 2 games. Geelong and Freo.

Essendon -Win. Stop Heppell and will go well.

Port - Win. They are a shambles at the moment.

St Kilda - Win. Percentage boost.

Dogs - Win. Should win but who knows which Dogs side will show up

Tigers - Win. Too strong for them at home

I think we will drop 1 on the way home and I wouldn't be surprised if it was against the Dawks.

Do we need a loss... History shows we will have 1 lets just hope its not a final.

We will finish top 2. Percentage will be crucial but the St Kilda game will hopefully help.

Last edited:
Interesting reading through this thread again. It just shows you can never judge a Sydney team in the first month. We may not be winning 12 in a row too often, but we're certainly rusty on an annual basis.

Interesting reading through this thread again. It just shows you can never judge a Sydney team in the first month. We may not be winning 12 in a row too often, but we're certainly rusty on an annual basis.
Apparently you can judge, and then deny you ever did. Best to not remind anyone though.

lols.

Apparently you can judge, and then deny you ever did. Best to not remind anyone though.

lols.

Love your style, theta.
I never feel negative about this team because our management is proven over many years and these players are drilled so well, plus they have pressure from so many in the seconds.

Put simply, they don't allow teams to play their natural game due to our swarm and intensity. The only things we can't control are umpires and Eddie's fat mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voted yes on the basis that it is a home final from 6th. Anyone suggesting a home final from 1st or 2nd needs therapy

Im bumping this one because he is always so bloody right on everything else especially with stats and draft picks :p

Happy to bath in humble pie and smear egg all over my face in here, too embarrassed to check what i said

The greatest poster of all time was wrong?! I don't know what to believe in anymore...

The greatest poster of all time was wrong?! I don't know what to believe in anymore...

I rechecked i was reasonably supportive of the opening posts

As i suspected spot on , faith restored :p

Don't count chickens about top 2. Its a strange game. Saints and Dogs have been all over the place this year and could potentially be very dangerous. Tigers are playing ok too, glad this one is in Sydney. we SHOULD win all three but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

So....do we wanna play Geelong or Freo in our first home final??

...didn't think I'd be saying that this year.

Back