chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
Whose a fan of these guys. They are absolutely outstanding in my book and have made consistently great music for over 10 years. Currently listening to Things Fall Apart album, top notch stuff.

Whose a fan of these guys. They are absolutely outstanding in my book and have made consistently great music for over 10 years. Currently listening to Things Fall Apart album, top notch stuff.
Haven't made a bad album. The most consistent band in any genre. Truly one of the greats.

Black Thought may well just be the best rapper going round, doesn't lay down a poor verse.

Haven't made a bad album. The most consistent band in any genre. Truly one of the greats.

Black Thought may well just be the best rapper going round, doesn't lay down a poor verse.

Definitely agree, one of the best Alternative Hip-Hop groups of all time IMO. Just behind A Tribe Called Quest, and just ahead of Blackalicious and De La Soul.

Silent Alarm I think a few months ago you were enquiring about bands with a similar sounds to De La Soul- Blackalicious is certainly a good example, Blazing Arrow is up there with one of the best Hip-Hop releases of all time IMO, some of The Roots efforts are right up there.

My 3 favourites;

1. Illadelph Halflife
2. Game Theory
3. How I Got Over

But really, they are all good in their own way. Very consistent and reliably prolific, with a lot of development over the years. I vaguely recall The Seed 2.0 single when it came out (a really awesome crossover-ish/fusion early 2000s single), but it was the 2010 How I Got Over release that made me into a fan.

The Roots are very effective as a gateway band I find, thanks to their dabbling in different sounds. Several years ago, a lot of people with little interest in hip-hop got into the genre through acts like The Roots. User friendly for the indie crowd, but still very excellent work.

Last edited:
Really great, consistent group. Illadelph Halflife and Things Fall Apart are my favourites.

Cunninlynguists are my favourite alt-hip hop group though.

Really great, consistent group. Illadelph Halflife and Things Fall Apart are my favourites.

Cunninlynguists are my favourite alt-hip hop group though.

Yep Cunninglynguists are fantastic. Heard their new mixtape?

Yep Cunninglynguists are fantastic. Heard their new mixtape?

It's superb. They're monsters.

On The Roots, I agree, never a bad album. Undun is my favourite followed by Things Fall Apart, How I Got Over and Do You Want More?!?!. One of the most consistent presences in hip hop over the last 20 years.

As I've said here before,I'm a massive CunninLyguists fan. The only Roots album I have is Undun, which I think is great; keep meaning to check out their other releases, I know they've made plenty which are well thought of.

BTW hoping to see Common in Bristol in a month or so; saw him once before a few years back and he was excellent live, even though I wasn't wild about his last release.

It's superb. They're monsters.

On The Roots, I agree, never a bad album. Undun is my favourite followed by Things Fall Apart, How I Got Over and Do You Want More?!?!. One of the most consistent presences in hip hop over the last 20 years.

Love Undun....

Phrenology
How I got over

Mo meta blues is a great book too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back