Game Day The Rot In The Middle

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd need Lycett or Sinclair to step up and play 1st and 2nd ruck, which they just aren't up to yet.
I agree, but now is the time to let Lycett build his centre experience and compete against the other ruckmen. Let him get a feel for his opponent and he'll rise to the occasion.

I'd love to see us make a bold move and end up with a player in our hands
Just cupping them gently? Or give them a squeeze?

I will let you know when Im not accessing the forum from my phone Not sure if something is being lost in translation but its a bloody nightmare trying to type, quote and respond via phone.
I look forward to it.

This must be the slow speed you're referring to;

Wow we should have drafted the guy in the video. Hang on... If only he had a more effective kick. He'd be the ultimate loose man/rebound defender. I may be wrong but it seemed like a lot of his best work didn't look ruck related. Perhaps he is not that suited to jogging around to stoppages all day. As we have all said though without another first tier ruck its the same as the Yeo issue.

As i said, Nic wouldn't be a ruckman. I don't think he needs to be a ruckman. Everyone wants him as an endurance ruckman around the ground. He's naturally a burst player - which is why he would be good either forward or centre in a different type of role.

He is that kind of athelete that could change the usual formation.

Don't think it's been done before? What about Adam Goodes?

Let Nic play a more natural, burst game and he'd dominate his opponent.
It's been done before by Woosh. If naitanui didnt get the ball before it hit the ground he was a liability and the opposition would constantly walk it out of the middle. It was horrible to watch and should never be done again.

Naitanui is superb in a one on one contest. The reason he doesn't take many marks is because there are always 5-6 people around his marking contests and he gets blocked out or his run checked every single time. Misses out on free kicks. Why they don't just clear the 50m and leave him in there one on one is beyond me. On the ground, in the air he will beat any opposition they put on him.

Naitanui is superb in a one on one contest. The reason he doesn't take many marks is because there are always 5-6 people around his marking contests and he gets blocked out or his run checked every single time. Misses out on free kicks. Why they don't just clear the 50m and leave him in there one on one is beyond me. On the ground, in the air he will beat any opposition they put on him.
Modern football doesnt work like that, the opposition would just send a spare back and waltz out of our backline every time

It's been done before by Woosh. If priddis didnt get the ball before it hit the ground he was a liability and the opposition would constantly walk it out of the middle. It was horrible to watch and should never be done again.

Ftfy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been done before by Woosh. If naitanui didnt get the ball before it hit the ground he was a liability and the opposition would constantly walk it out of the middle. It was horrible to watch and should never be done again.

Natanui is not a liability in terms of running or chasing opponents. You forget who kicked the first goal against Carlton burning off his opponents. His attack on the football and opponents when they have the ball is up there with the best.
Yuo are thinking NN of 2013 when he was playing injured. Prior to that at his best he was a beast and was ferocious.
Are you forgetting games like Hawthorn in 2009 and basically every game in 2011-12, He will get back to that.
Personally I don't think it should be done all the time but for a change up or stopping the opponents run on of goals as we struggle to do it would work.
The one thing we lack at centre bounce downs is big bodies and speed.

Size aside, we really miss that bulldog-like fight & tenacity in the clearances that Kerr provided - similar to what you'd get from a Kieran Jack or a Jack Viney.
True that! I can't remember the last time our midfield collectively or even poorer an individual getting all up in an opponents face and letting him know and his teammates he is not going to lay down and die!

Tunbridge looked like he had it in him against Carlton before getting injured :(
I agree would have loved to see him stay in and get a decent crack. If he can't get back in it makes the list manager's (who is that? Please educate me anyone) job more difficult.

Do you actually pay to read those herald sun articles?
Hell no. I'd rather re watch lst weeks first quarter over and over untill my eyes bleed.

It's just what Google gave me. Proves a point though that there's some gems out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back