Autopsy The Ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how much a new coach would care about whether or not a player is a life member. You're right about him not having a whole lot of currency though. GWS is probably the only place if they dont manage to land someone like Bellchambers.

Trying to fit Gawn, Jamar, Fitz, Watts, Clark, Hogan and Dawes into our side is doing my head in.
It's not hills fault he has no currency, but with his age and history of injury...

A team would be silly to take him and we would be stupid to trade him.

Depth mate. Every team carries extra talks for depth. If the big men go down, they go down hard.

The bigger they are...

True. Jamar would still be getting his cash even if he was playing at Casey, and be in a mentor/coach style role for the other guys.

I just wanna see Clark and Hogan in the same side, roughing up the other team and talking some serious trash.

True. Jamar would still be getting his cash even if he was playing at Casey, and be in a mentor/coach style role for the other guys.

I just wanna see Clark and Hogan in the same side, roughing up the other team and talking some serious trash.

Which is the right way to transition, remember what happened when we sacked our on field midfield leader???

Still think things can work out.

Clark, Dawes as our two big pillars with Hogan as third tall. Watts as a flanker and Jamar in the ruck.

Develop Maxy and Fitzy further at Casey. Knowing our luck, we will have plenty of injuries along the way so this won't be an issue, lol.

Still think things can work out.

Clark, Dawes as our two big pillars with Hogan as third tall. Watts as a flanker and Jamar in the ruck.

Develop Maxy and Fitzy further at Casey. Knowing our luck, we will have plenty of injuries along the way so this won't be an issue, lol.

Yep, I'm thinking while Jamar is still going around we play Maxy and Fitz in rotation (with decent consecutive spells each).

Forwards: Clark, Dawes, Watts, Hogan
Rucks: Jamar, Gawn, Fitzpatrick
Defenders: Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Davis

That's a damn good group. Would really like to see Davis play at AFL level this year. The ideal time is now, if Frawley is indeed out for next week.

As for our forward line, I don't think it's too tall. You'd have Hogan and Dawes playing up forward most of the time, and then Clark playing a bit higher (he tends to go around the ground) and Watts as that swingman, playing on the wing as well. And then a resting ruckman. The good thing is that all of our forward talls are very mobile and can play like smaller men.

Depth mate. Every team carries extra talks for depth. If the big men go down, they go down hard.

The bigger they are...

Well said. Jamar's been loyal to us, and is still our best ruck. Need to keep the experience around, even if he plays second fiddle for parts of the years ahead.

Yep, I'm thinking while Jamar is still going around we play Maxy and Fitz in rotation (with decent consecutive spells each).

Forwards: Clark, Dawes, Watts, Hogan
Rucks: Jamar, Gawn, Fitzpatrick
Defenders: Frawley, Garland, McDonald, Davis

That's a damn good group. Would really like to see Davis play at AFL level this year. The ideal time is now, if Frawley is indeed out for next week.

As for our forward line, I don't think it's too tall. You'd have Hogan and Dawes playing up forward most of the time, and then Clark playing a bit higher (he tends to go around the ground) and Watts as that swingman, playing on the wing as well. And then a resting ruckman. The good thing is that all of our forward talls are very mobile and can play like smaller men.
Davis is trash. Get over him. He will not make it.

If Chip is out we bring Sellar in to play on pods.

Davis is trash. Get over him. He will not make it.

If Chip is out we bring Sellar in to play on pods.

Yeah, he looks way out of his depth at AFL level. Give him a go FFS.

Pedo has shown shyt loads more!

And I hate Pedo bear!!

Because Pedersen is 26 and not 20 odd. Tall types take time, but for some reason people seem so determined to write them off.

Because Pedersen is 26 and not 20 odd. Tall types take time, but for some reason people seem so determined to write them off.
I am and have always been a massive wrap for Fitzy. Davis just hasn't got it.

Watch him in the VFL and you will see what I mean. Gents been week in week out and is poor by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When assessing Jamar's trade value I think one has to consider where we are trading him. He can only fill a role of a good tap ruckman with very little around the ground. At his age, only top teams would be interested in him. Let's see:

Sydney: No, they have lots of good options
Essendon: No, Bellchambers is already possibly "excess"
Collingwood: Probably the most likely, to take Hudson's role
Geelong: Possibly if McIntosh doesn't come up
Hawthorn: Possibly
Fremantle: Possibly if Sandlilands stays injured
West Coast: Obviously not

LMFAO at everyone slandering Davis. Please stop embarrassing yourself, you clearly have not seen him play at all. I'm not saying he'll be a star at AFL level but saying he hasn't played well in the 2s, or is 'out of his depth' is nothing but ludicrous.

LMFAO at everyone slandering Davis. Please stop embarrassing yourself, you clearly have not seen him play at all. I'm not saying he'll be a star at AFL level but saying he hasn't played well in the 2s, or is 'out of his depth' is nothing but ludicrous.

This year he has finally started to string some good games together. Does he have another year on his contract?

Minson is 28.

Minson is a plodder. Does NOTHING around the ground.

He is having his best season and doggies supporters still don't like him... the grass is always greener I suppose.

I stand by my first comments, respectfully disagree with pretty much all of SFF's analysis, but definitely worth discussing.

Minson is a plodder. Does NOTHING around the ground.

He is having his best season and doggies supporters still don't like him... the grass is always greener I suppose.

I stand by my first comments, respectfully disagree with pretty much all of SFF's analysis, but definitely worth discussing.

Minson's in AA form, as asserted by a Dees player last night who I've forgotten. Might have been Craig, actually. Not sure how he's a plodder.

Dogs supporters love him, if you want to check mozy a couple of boards down.

Minson's in AA form, as asserted by a Dees player last night who I've forgotten. Might have been Craig, actually. Not sure how he's a plodder.

Dogs supporters love him, if you want to check mozy a couple of boards down.

Averaging like 10 disposals... good in the ruck. Nothing on Gawn.

I don't think we should trade the Russian under any circumstances. Smacks of another Junior situation to me. Would be poor for our culture to trade out a club life member and former member of the leadership group.

Yes he doesn't offer much around the ground but he is still an excellent tap ruckman and I think we now have excellent depth in the ruck position, which allows for us to cover injuries.

The Russian should have to earn his way back and get his fitness up via the VFL though.

You're kidding right?

Nope. Minson will return to being a plodder next year whilst Gawn free of injury will become one of the cult figures of the league.

I don't think we should trade the Russian under any circumstances. Smacks of another Junior situation to me. Would be poor for our culture to trade out a club life member and former member of the leadership group.

Yes he doesn't offer much around the ground but he is still an excellent tap ruckman and I think we now have excellent depth in the ruck position, which allows for us to cover injuries.

The Russian should have to earn his way back and get his fitness up via the VFL though.

That's exactly right, I don't think anyone in the football department would be stupid enough to suggest it. Only numpties on demonland that know nothing about footy.

Nope. Minson will return to being a plodder next year whilst Gawn free of injury will become one of the cult figures of the league.

I don't doubt Gawn has talent but Minson has been a solid ruck for a number of years, sure he took a while but he's a Ruckman, most don't hit their prime until 25. Minson killed Gawn last week especially in the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back