Toast The Sam Mitchell "Jab"

Remove this Banner Ad

Naive and idiotic are two easy words for Jaes to remember, as they are the first two words that just pop into his little brain every time he looks in a mirror. And we all know that is countless times a day.
Remember Tanya joins him in looking in the mirriir countless times a a day!you got to include Tanya!

A lot of hate on the druggies board about Sam. However, some posters are just dismissing it. What concerns me the most are all the comments about Sam being a prick of a man. Most just by a friend of a friend, but what amazed me was a Hawk supporter confirmed the accusation. One poster said Sam was seen having a weekend away with a female friend.

I would like to know, not hearsay, from people who know Sam. What is he like. I certainly have a high opinion of the man, and treat the remarks as purely sour grapes. However, I'm not naive enough to think all players are the same person, as the image they portray in public.

Maybe they are a duet:

James: Hello, Naive.
Tanya: Hello, Idiotic.

Then they break into song, or "Something Stupid" like that.
There wouldn't be any dialogue they'd be too busy staring at their locks and drooling over their image... It would just be a quiet nods of their heads before they head out the door and pretend to be honest and innocent... In complete denial!

A lot of hate on the druggies board about Sam. However, some posters are just dismissing it. What concerns me the most are all the comments about Sam being a prick of a man. Most just by a friend of a friend, but what amazed me was a Hawk supporter confirmed the accusation. One poster said Sam was seen having a weekend away with a female friend.

I would like to know, not hearsay, from people who know Sam. What is he like. I certainly have a high opinion of the man, and treat the remarks as purely sour grapes. However, I'm not naive enough to think all players are the same person, as the image they portray in public.
Certainly doesnt come across as a smart arse when he is playing footy or being interviewed. Shows respect to others and talks about his family a lot.

I'm thinking sour grapes or jealousy of his achievements.

Go Sammy...you good thing!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Robbo is doing a Twitter q and A right now… 11:30am

Can somebody here who tweets please point out his week 2 week inconsistency?

Robbo's number 1 dislike last week
: The unsociable Hawks will be popular on Monday with the MRP. Ben Stratton and Josh Gibson punched and elbowed their Adelaide opponents behind play on Thursday night. A fine is not good enough. They should be suspended. If not, players will continue to punch and elbow players behind play and it will become part of the game. They weren’t off-the-charts malicious, but they can’t be allowed. Hate it when former players say wasn’t much to it, that it used to happen 20 times a game. This is 2015, not 1986.

Robbo didn't like Josh Gibson's behind the play elbow.
He must've hated Hibberd's behind the play elbow into Mitchell's back, you would think????

Robbo's number 1 dislike this week
: Taunting. Sam Mitchell’s gesture was spur of the moment rubbish. But feel for the current player with the gambling problem and mental fragility who was mercilessly taunted by an opposition team from first bounce to last. It got so bad even the umpires thought about intervening.

No mention of Hibberd's elbow into Sammy's back before the 4th quarter had begun, but the Hawks are in his no.1 dislike spot again because Mitchell retaliated with his "rubbish" :eek:

No mention either of Buddy's head high bump. why is the media not talking about this? It was always hysterical headlines when Buddy was reported for a head high bump when he was at Hawthorn.

Please someone get into him...:D

Last edited:
Certainly doesnt come across as a smart arse when he is playing footy or being interviewed. Shows respect to others and talks about his family a lot.

I think he comes across as a real smart arse. And I couldn't care less.

Being a good family man and friend and respectful of the opposition doesn't exclude you from being able to be a smart arse. :D

Exactly how I think, Bikefreak. And all the poster's remarks were hearsay. However, I would like to hear from people who have had something to do with Sam.

Here is an example of how one can get the wrong impression of another person, or even how someone can change.

IA long time ago, I posted my thoughts on Ron Barrasi, and was informed what a great person he was. Well, I had been to some breakfasts where he was the guest speaker, and thought him a little arrogant. I also had to collect a business debt from him at one of his companies. It was here where I made the judgement of his character. I admit now that opinion was due to the circumstances; the man was in financial difficulties, was frustrated, and I shouldn't have judged him on that only. As we know Rom showed his true colours when he got bashed helping another human. I am curious to know how much real knowledge these scum supporters are basing their "Sam is a pig" on.

Mitchell's "Jab" was the funniest thing I've seen on the field in ages, and I've seen Carlton play.

Good on him. And tissues for all the sooks who are carrying on about it, what a bunch of SJWs.

Mitchell's "Jab" was the funniest thing I've seen on the field in ages, and I've seen Carlton play.

Good on him. And tissues for all the sooks who are carrying on about it, what a bunch of SJWs.

Hey! WTF? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social Justice Warriors.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=social+justice+warrior

A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

Had to listen to some guy on the radio (name escapes me but I think he does the sports news for Channel 9) say how Mitchell "crossed a line". Seriously I'd wager most of the people criticising Sam Mitchell have done a lot worse in their life. If a sledge is the worst thing to happen in this world, then we'd be living in an utopian society.

Personally, I think we need a report into the uncontrolled and unregulated sledging regime at the Hawks.

Mitchell obviously believed that "JAB, JAB" accompanied by the injection motion was on the approved sledge list as it was not explicitly banned (Category S0).

But it appears that the AFL will move to have "JAB, JAB" retroactively placed on the Sledge Level 4 (S4) list making what Mitchell did a punishable offence.

Mitchell, Clarkson and the unnamed High-Performance Sledging Manager have all subsequently backtracked and stated Mitchell was expressing solidarity for diabetic insulin injectors (of whom he knows and/or has met/heard about several.)

It is believed, based on an unsubstantiated set of notes (in a woman's handwriting, and written in French) that the former Hawthorn captain, father, three time premiership player, Liston Trophy winner, and Brownlow Medal runner-up's defence will rest on the inconclusive video proof. Without audio, the only evidence presented to corroborate the allegation that Mitchell did actually refer to Thymosin Beta4 in his sledge, will be evidence from several *Essendon players.

Ironically, the evidence of the *Essendon players in question may be proved medically inadmissible as it is likely their hearing and brain function has been permanently and irreparably impaired by the overuse of TB4.

As such, the well-respected AFL Serial-Sledging Prevention Operational Organisation (AS-SPOO, formed yesterday) will find insufficient evidence to prove Mitchell said or gestured in the alleged way, and will ban him for the now-mandatory 2 years based on the "Potential of Unproven Spoken Sledge to Injure Emotionally" (PUSSIE) clause that will be written in to the AS-SPOO laws some time later today.

Pure, unadulterated GOLD!! Funniest thing I have read on here for a long time.

http://titusoreily.com/the-monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-thirteen/

Speaking of Goodes, a few weeks ago he threw an imaginary spear at a bunch of Carlton supporters. It was amazing that nobody got hurt and what did the AFL do? Nothing.

This week we had Sam Mitchell brandish an imaginary needle on the field, surely the time to crack down on theatre sports in footy has come.

Luckily, no one was physically hurt this time but Jake Carlise’s feelings got hurt and given he always looks like he’s close to crying, that’s a real concern.

Unfortunately, we may never know what type of drug Sam Mitchell was pretending to inject. Was it even legal? I hope the Hawks have an imaginary Excel spreadsheet somewhere.

And there I was blithely assuming it meant "Self Justified W@nkers"! Still, could be an apt synonym. ;)
Not bad.....but that acronym explanation would be a contradiction in terms.

If you are a w***er....no chance of justifying yourself?

I know it won't stop them from trying but.

Had to listen to some guy on the radio (name escapes me but I think he does the sports news for Channel 9) say how Mitchell "crossed a line". Seriously I'd wager most of the people criticising Sam Mitchell have done a lot worse in their life. If a sledge is the worst thing to happen in this world, then we'd be living in an utopian society.

Tony Jones. Barracks for Collingwood so probably just trying to cause as much s**t as possible.

Great work Sam, about time the Injectors were shot up! Best laugh I've had watching the footy for ages. Just disappointed you were told to make a partial type withdrawl/apology.

Can't believe the indignity from some in the media, boy are they AFL stooges or what, grow some nuts journo's, it was bloody hilarious stuff.

I'm thoroughly putridly sick of the victim card being played by the Injectors. As for their coach, well he is in the same orbit as Belle Gibson. As for calling Sam naïve and idiotic, well I reckon that phrase describes James Turd perfectly!

We are not getting hysterical enough about Sam Mitchell’s gesture

The moment Sam Mitchell mimicked injecting himself as part of a sledge towards Essendon players, I was sure we would all overreact by a fair bit.

Unfortunately, I think we’ve fallen a bit short (no pun intended Sam).

Where are the demands for an inquiry or even a Royal Commission? I mean if that Q and A nonsense is getting one, why not an incident that people actually saw?

We need to understand that children witnessed this incident. The same children who have been already been doing these sort of sledges at school for a couple of years no.

Questions need to be answered like:

• Why is Sam Mitchell using a sledge most primary school kids have already come up with?
  • Do AFL players need professional sledge writers?
  • Should every runner be trained in one-liners?
  • Has this incident been shown enough on TV, could we show it more?
  • Why did the various news bulletins bother with other stories when this had happened?
  • Is Mitchell’s sledge even in the top thousand worst things Essendon players have heard in the past few years?
  • Should miming be allowed on the footy field at all? Or ever?
  • Why didn’t Essendon have a witty comeback? Did they think of one late last night and thought ‘damn it, why didn’t I think of that at the time?’
So get hysterical people, this is the biggest thing going on globally at the moment and we need to lift our level of feigned outrage.

http://titusoreily.com/we-are-not-getting-hysterical-enough-about-sam-mitchells-gesture/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back