Toast The Sam Mitchell "Jab"

Remove this Banner Ad

Fig jam Buckley just got a lot more likeable on 360

"Sometimes what happens on the footy field is based on the truth"
"He didn't really apologise, and he didn't have to because he did nothing wrong"

Buckley's super competitive nature and professionalism put some people offside about him as a player. He was a gun and knew it but he just expected total professionalism as he wanted the ultimate success.

The guy has my total respect, he is one of those coaches that when he says something he doesn't talk nonsense or b*llshit around. Compare him to the likes of the Scott brothers in regards to excuses and nonsense those brothers talk.

Funny thing is as players I didn't like Bucks and kinda liked Hird. Can't believe how wrong I had it. My old man has met Buckley, he sat at a table all night with him at a function and said he was one of the friendliest people he's met in football.

Buckley's super competitive nature and professionalism put some people offside about him as a player. He was a gun and knew it but he just expected total professionalism as he wanted the ultimate success.

The guy has my total respect, he is one of those coaches that when he says something he doesn't talk nonsense or b*llshit around. Compare him to the likes of the Scott brothers in regards to excuses and nonsense those brothers talk.

Funny thing is as players I didn't like Bucks and kinda liked Hird. Can't believe how wrong I had it. My old man has met Buckley, he sat at a table all night with him at a function and said he was one of the friendliest people he's met in football.

Ive met both Eddie and Bucks(more brief). Both are gentlemen. Seem very likeable and engaging.

I'm pleased that my dislike of him even when playing has been vindicated, I used to think I was weird in my dislike of him. His and sheedy's farewell tour made me want to throw up - the fawning adulation was vomit worthy

I think after Hibbard runs past and bumps him in a show of strength (AHAHAHAHAHAA) Mitchell starts giggling then point to the scoreboard and says something like - look at the f***ing scoreboard might need some jabs to help you over the line (or something to that effect)

I think after Hibbard runs past and bumps him in a show of strength (AHAHAHAHAHAA) Mitchell starts giggling then point to the scoreboard and says something like - look at the f***ing scoreboard might need some jabs to help you over the line (or something to that effect)

I'm pretty sure he says "shoot up"
Maybe - take a look at the score, time to go shoot up

Did anyone else notice Campbell Brown wearing a black armband below his elbow mimicking Hird's (and the entire EFC team) in the 2001 GF? LOLs!

Yes, he said that Luke Ball couldn't play and the black armband was to remember him.
Just like the Essendon players said their 2001 armbands were because Michael Long was injured and couldn't play in the Grand Final!

Suck that up Hird, you sad victim!

;)

Bloody fantastic work by Mitchell. I'm trying to hate you guys this week, and this isn't helping.

Disappointed he offered even a Clayton's apology though.

The world has gone mad!!! There is even a growing Buckley love in movement happening on this board. (which i happen to agree with):drunk::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, he said that Luke Ball couldn't play and the black armband was to remember him.
Just like the Essendon players said their 2001 armbands were because Michael Long was injured and couldn't play in the Grand Final!

Suck that up Hird, you sad victim!

;)

Oh Browny. That's why we loved you right there. :thumbsu:

Why do I have Essendon supporting mates getting defensive and bringing up Travis Tuck as a defence? Do they not understand the difference between a systematic doping scheme and someone suffering from clinical depression?

Also we sacked Tuck instead of extending his contract while banned so he could go live in paris for a year.

Also we sacked Tuck instead of extending his contract while banned so he could go live in paris for a year.

Yes!

Although Travis Tuck would only be wanting to study remedial English - do French universities cater for that?

One of the sillier comebacks from the Essendon bozos is when they continually refer to Sam Lane's article on Guerra's Orthokine therapy.
Who is Mitchell/Clarkson/Kennett to say anything about our injections? Pot - kettle - black, anyone???
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawks-set-the-pace-in-injection-science-20120924-26hhg.html
34 Essendon players were given 1,500 subcutaneous injections of the unapproved, prohibited peptides, AOD9604 and TB4. The AFL and ASADA had warned them from using these substances, but they did so anyway. Compare that to an injury-treatment program which had been given a prior tick of approval from the AFL and ASADA and was being used by players from all clubs

My favourite paragraph of Lane's article is this bit:
Guerra received the treatment, as did St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt. But the player who encouraged Marks that the treatment could revolutionise AFL football came from Essendon. That player, whom the doctor would not name due to practitioner-patient confidentiality, enjoyed such success using Orthokine that he returned from a soft-tissue injury that was originally expected to sideline him for eight to 10 weeks after only five weeks.
Some of these idiots barely know how to read. They just see the headlines and react.

And (according to my google searching) WADA have confirmed that Orthokine is not prohibited. Next argument thanks, Essendrugs fans.
Their comeback to that is that nobody has proof their players were injected with prohibited substances. They feel aggrieved at the treatment their club has received from the media, from the AFL and from the anti-doping agencies. The idiots among their fanbase have kidded themselves that Dank's injection program for the 34 players was no more or less unethical than a few Hawthorn players being treated with the Orthokine blood therapy.

Their comeback to that is that nobody has proof their players were injected with prohibited substances they were found "NOT GUILTY". They feel aggrieved at the treatment their club has received from the media, from the AFL and from the anti-doping agencies. The idiots among their fanbase have kidded themselves that Dank's injection program for the 34 players was no more or less unethical than a few Hawthorn players being treated with the Orthokine blood therapy.

EFA. This is what I seem to be seeing more than 'no proof' which as we all know is a different thing entirely.

Surely this thread is due for a bump
JAB JAB

146891_9d2927fbaec0b0a981ddd0f6b4e100d0.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back