Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratings out again and sen had a slight jump with an overall share of 4.7.

Kb and the run home the stars of the station on 5.2. Andy and Andy still struggling on 3.9. The station will be worried about their ratings, as breakfast and drive the biggest advertising revenue raisers for the station.

http://radiotoday.com.au/media/images/Mel0414.JPG
Thanks for the link

Anyone else find it odd how the interviewers always slip in an AFL question for no reason when interviewing non AFL sportspeople?

Happens every time.

Anyone else find it odd how the interviewers always slip in an AFL question for no reason when interviewing non AFL sportspeople?

Happens every time.

its always happened, particularly on morning glory (when brownless and watson were on). if they are interviewing someone such as musician tim rogers, then afl related questions are natural. however, if they're interviewing someone from overseas, then yes its odd

Razor Ray was complaining on Sunday about Geelong (The Town) having "These special trains that don't stop at Werribee".
Uh,perhaps that's because they're express trains,Ray!

Razor Ray was complaining on Sunday about Geelong (The Town) having "These special trains that don't stop at Werribee".
Uh,perhaps that's because they're express trains,Ray!
lol, hope he never has to catch a train at East Richmond

How does Denham get a gig? Don't think I have ever heard a journo with less clue or that struggled more to speak (Robbo included)

He was saying before if Fyfe finishes on the highest votes whoever wins the Brownlow won't feel sheepish or a bit embarrassed

Last edited:
How does Denham get a gig? Don't think I have ever heard a journo with less clue or that struggled more to speak (Robbo included)

He was saying before if Fyfe finishes on the highest votes whoever wins the Brownlow won't feel sheepish or a bit embarrassed

i really do wish many of the journos that appear on the station stayed behind their computers. i used to enjoy reading their articles in printed media (newspapers). now they have a voice, their ego takes over

i really do wish many of the journos that appear on the station stayed behind their computers. i used to enjoy reading their articles in printed media.......
Me, too. When I was a kid, I used to think some of those guys were like mysterious oracles, "blessing" us with their wisdom in print. :p Then, Sheehan started getting on radio and tv, and I thought, "jee, this guy can be a bit of a dickhead sometimes, and say the odd silly thing." I didn't know what to think after that. :D It made me cynical about the print journos, and I stopped reading the papers.

I reckon most of them do more harm than good to their reputations being on air, coz they can get exposed if they can't think quickly enough, or simply sound like a dopey bogan, ala Slobbo. * me, why would I read anything by a guy like that who can barely speak?! :p

So, I agree: they should stay relatively anonymous, so they'll have a better shot at maintaining a better image.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me, too. When I was a kid, I used to think some of those guys were like mysterious oracles, "blessing" us with their wisdom in print. :p Then, Sheehan started getting on radio and tv, and I thought, "jee, this guy can be a bit of a dickhead sometimes, and say the odd silly thing." I didn't know what to think after that. :D It made me cynical about the print journos, and I stopped reading the papers.

I reckon most of them do more harm than good to their reputations being on air, coz they can get exposed if they can't think quickly enough, or simply sound like a dopey bogan, ala Slobbo. * me, why would I read anything by a guy like that who can barely speak?! :p

So, I agree: they should stay relatively anonymous, so they'll have a better shot at maintaining a better image.

Even Connolly, whom I generally agree with. Because he tends to be a bit of a 'voice of reason' in the print media and rarely seems to take controversial/minority viewpoints, I almost get the feeling that he comes on sites like this, gauges how the majority of people feel about an issue and just goes with that. And I could do without any of them telling us about their taste in music. No-one GAF.

Even Connolly, whom I generally agree with. Because he tends to be a bit of a 'voice of reason' in the print media and rarely seems to take controversial/minority viewpoints, I almost get the feeling that he comes on sites like this, gauges how the majority of people feel about an issue and just goes with that. And I could do without any of them telling us about their taste in music. No-one GAF.

roco is a legend. my fondest memories of him are listening to his opinion during the off season about footy and everything else. comes across as the average joe, but with eloquence and class.

roco is a legend. my fondest memories of him are listening to his opinion during the off season about footy and everything else. comes across as the average joe, but with eloquence and class.

He's in touch with the common man.

Even has a swipe at so called journalism which is good.

I'm sure that Bedford will see the funny side of this

Schibecsta on casual obs segment just now lamenting on the "Errors in newspapers" "Little silly ones that shouldn't happen"

Why are we being subjected to so much Nathan Grima all of a sudden? Is he meant to be an 'expert', funny? :confused: The amount we are getting of him lately I think it likely he will be a permanent part of the SEN team sooner or later, and I don't think that will be a good thing.

Did anyone hear Turfy last night talking the Essendon scandal with Robbo....
He seemed (to me) to be very much on the anti-bombers side of it all and challenged Robbo on a few things, all which resulted in Robbo cutting him off, talking over him but not really giving a reasonable answer.

Given the pro Bombers SEN stance I can only assume Turfy won't be asked back soon :D

Why are we being subjected to so much Nathan Grima all of a sudden? Is he meant to be an 'expert', funny? :confused: The amount we are getting of him lately I think it likely he will be a permanent part of the SEN team sooner or later, and I don't think that will be a good thing.

problem is that there are only so many jobs, and so many footy players. if one does not have a vocation outside of footy, they will want in on the media.

RoCo is good as far as journos go. I like his footy analysis, he can be genuinely funny and is not self absorbed like so many of them. I also could do without being subjected to his taste in music and he needs to drop the politics too. When he sticks to footy though I give him the :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back