Radio The SEN Thread 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting listening to MG this morning. fantastic. caller says that MG are loathed to bag the afl in this "saga" because they (SEN) are on the gravy train. I agree with caller (the afl should be criticised). maher denied this and when conversation turned to hird he towed the tim watson line - hird is telling his side of the story, what he considers to be the truth. in other words, people should believe what hird says in court because its what he thinks is the truth.

um so what about when crims stand up in a court of law and profess innocence?

farren ray on radio? no thanks. he just ah, is ah, yeah ah. nah.

anyway.

you can tell when turfy speaks much of what he says goes over the andys heads. too highbrow for those lightweights. he really should have his own show. for an entire morning.

BP on KBs show was great. knowledgeable, concise and intelligent.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It doesn't really help the station's objectivity that 3 of their big contributors are Essendon fans: Rohan, Slobbo and Wispy Watson.
Handy and Andy probably see themselves as 'moderates', whose MO isn't really to make big calls or statements, either by nature or design, so they'll mostly sit on the fence on the big stuff

On the other hand, there's Patrick... :D

I rarely listen to Denim and the other guy (Ralph? I always get him mixed up with Stevens :p)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
It doesn't really help the station's objectivity that 3 of their big contributors are Essendon fans: Rohan, Slobbo and Wispy Watson.)
You can claim that I am biased as I'm an Essendon supporter.

I think there is an even mix of pro Essendon and anti Essendon on sen.

Watson, rohan and robbo pro Essendon.

Ralph, kb, smith and denham anti Essendon.

Kb has a full time position on sen, so I say that there is more anti Essendon stuff on the station than pro Essendon.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
You can claim that I am biased as I'm an Essendon supporter.

I think there is an even mix of pro Essendon and anti Essendon on sen.

Watson, rohan and robbo pro Essendon.

Ralph, kb, smith and denham anti Essendon.

Kb has a full time position on sen, so I say that there is more anti Essendon stuff on the station than pro Essendon.

Pro or anti, I am sick to the back teeth of the whole thing. Obviously I want to know the outcome but the blow by blow description of anything and everything related to it has me reaching for the off button.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Anyone hear Peaky pronounce medieval emphasizing the i in the middle so it sounded like med i evil?!

Peakie would do that! He loves his pronunciations....like when announcing games 7:10pmI, 2:10pmI.
Also it is not DEtails it is just details.

Do you listen to the gladiators of sport podcast?

bonddm

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Peakie would do that! He loves his pronunciations....like when announcing games 7:10pmI, 2:10pmI.
Also it is not DEtails it is just details.

Do you listen to the gladiators of sport podcast?
No,I wasn't even aware of it till now.I don't mind Peaky but find it odd that a lawyer would mispronounce so many words!

bonddm

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
SEN has morphed into Triple M!Listening to the live stream and it's just continuous songs.

ABitWoofy

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
SEN has morphed into Triple M!Listening to the live stream and it's just continuous songs.

Had some technical difficulties that was out of their control. Think they played 3 songs back to back during the down time, so sounds like you tuned in at exactly the wrong time lol

You obviously don't listen to him much if you think Shane Donoghue has limited sporting knowledge. I would say he knows more about sport than the rest of the ANA crew combined.

Disagree - He displays little recent sporting knowledge - SEN has a few shockers but he could be the worse of the lot.

Pro or anti, I am sick to the back teeth of the whole thing. Obviously I want to know the outcome but the blow by blow description of anything and everything related to it has me reaching for the off button.

It doesn't help when we have a dedicated board to discuss the saga and discussion still pops up on other boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back