Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Andrew Gaze feel the need to introduce himself in every single interview. Pretty sure most people they're interviewing know that they're on Andy Maher and Andrew Gazes show.
Here's my 2-bit theory: :D

One of the few things the show has to hang its hat on is Gaze's celebrity. Everyone knows him and, rightly or wrongly, he's a well-respected figure (father of the year, he carried the flag, etc, etc). So, they like to constantly remind the audience and the interviewee, just in case we've forgotten.

I also reckon that sometimes the guests aren't always sure who they're talking to. Maybe it goes like this: the manager organizes the interview. They get called by the studio lacky at 7:15am, and the guest is like: "who's this? What's 'SEN'? Oh, that radio thing? Oh, ok. Right. No worries."
So, they sit there on hold, half asleep, not always totally sure what's going on, then Maher further confuses them with is 45 minute intro/first question.

When Gaze reminds them who he is, I reckon I've heard a few of them pep up a little once they remember that they're talking to an Aussie sporting "icon". :p

You can at least take one thing to the bank: I've got too much time on my hands. :D

Last edited:

The defending of David King by SEN presenters is embarrassing. They keep replaying segments of him saying that Taylor will win the Rising Star and saying he said that in August well before the award was presented.
Do they really think there is an investigation because he backed him in August. He obviously found out the result from his role at Fox Footy and has then placed a bet.

Morning Glory's 'policy' of getting the 'big names' on just before the news bit them on the arse yet again.
During his regular spot, the Miami Marlins guy was handing the phone to some a baseball's biggest names, and they had to cut him off to go to the news.
Idiots. And now they're using it as a promo . HA

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone on SEN attacked the investigators for trying to get rid of poor treatment of their athletes (greyhounds in this case) and other animals, and trying to unethically gain an unfair advantage?

why would someone attack investigators for unearthing this situation?

Barnaby Joyce did.

I think the original post here was referring to SEN's favourable handling of the bombers where they've attacked the ACC, ASADA & co ;)

KB's the only one I've heard saying that it might be at least slightly suss

KB's not going to let it slide because he was a selector and he feels it reflects poorly on him.

Kings mates sticking up for him is so predictable.

The defending of David King by SEN presenters is embarrassing. They keep replaying segments of him saying that Taylor will win the Rising Star and saying he said that in August well before the award was presented.
Do they really think there is an investigation because he backed him in August. He obviously found out the result from his role at Fox Footy and has then placed a bet.

problem is that most of the footy industry were tipped off and many besides KING would have backed Taylor.

It's terrible to admit but I listen to 3AW now!!
I listen to Neil Mitchell instead of KB and I'm 31! Can't handle the honour roll of halfwits KB has on with Greg 'least knowledgeable journo ever' Denham and the walking ego Jon Ralph

I listen to Neil Mitchell instead of KB and I'm 31! Can't handle the honour roll of halfwits KB has on with Greg 'least knowledgeable journo ever' Denham and the walking ego Jon Ralph

As people have said those morning guys on AW are pretty good. Neil Mitchell is a Pulitzer Prize/Walkley Award winner next to those fookwits from Sydney like Jones and Ray ******* Hadely

"I can't see a Melbourne club, outside of Hawthorn, winning the flag for the next ten years."

- Greg Denham

That's a heck of a kiss of death! Sorry Hawk/interstate fans. You're done!

How is he a football "journalist" - he is a walking anachronism. He brought out his perennial favourite that the Roos are the team most likely to slide down the ladder - as he has done since time immemorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back