Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with peternorth...

...whatever his opinion is.

im not sure what it is or was :(

That is my opinion too. Now that basketball fans have much better access to the American stuff the Australian comp just doesn't rate. But that is from an outsider looking in, I don't have a big interest in the sport (will watch the Aussies at the Olympics and nominally follow San Antonio Spurs and that's about it).

valid point re: NBA. its at our finger tips, whereas the nbl is not. also the nbl site is s**t.

I have a theory that people like to watch elite sport, so will naturally gravitate to the best competition in any sport. Once upon a time we had no access to the best of basketball, soccer etc. but now we do. Although these sports are popular as participation sports for kids, the comps that they like to follow are not the Australian ones but the higher level international ones. Aussie Rules is unique in that we are the only ones who play it so the AFL is the top competition in the world, hence it's huge popularity. I think the Australian soccer comp will go the same way eventually. People like to watch the best of the best.

your theory is ok, an opinion. elite sports...however soccer is going well here especially considering where it was only 10 years ago.

nbl as a product is lacking, which contributes to its demise. however, the a-league will continue to grow and prosper. the presence of international leagues on tv helps our soccer. also, soccer is an english game and we are a former british colony. the game is in our DNA.

Can they please * off Dave Samson 'guest' spot on breakfast SEN. This guy offers nothing, just some stepson of some very wealthy baseball owner. The biggest waste of space on radio.

He's one of the reason I have given it away, just can't see the point of his segment at all :confused: I actually don't have the radio on at all first thing in the mornings now... ah, the serenity.... :)

He's one of the reason I have given it away, just can't see the point of his segment at all :confused: I actually don't have the radio on at all first thing in the mornings now... ah, the serenity.... :)

he provides a bit of humour and a different slant on sports

Geez surely there's bigger issues than Dave Samson doing a 5 minute yap around 6:25am once a week. Big F'n deal.

Secondly, no wonder the ratings were down, the ratings period was from January and February if I'm not mistaken? Hardly anything to go by at this point in time given SEN is a footy station majority of time

Secondly, no wonder the ratings were down, the ratings period was from January and February if I'm not mistaken? Hardly anything to go by at this point in time given SEN is a footy station majority of time
It would be interesting to have a comparison of SEN's rating from the same time period from 2013, 2014 and this year. Regardless of the time of the year, the breakfast ratings are crucial to a station's success and at this point MG is performing poorly.

Geez surely there's bigger issues than Dave Samson doing a 5 minute yap around 6:25am once a week. Big F'n deal.

That's the time big Tony was on , no wonder.

It's a SEN thread, how big can issues be ffs? Maybe go read the world affairs thread.

Oh man. GreatBarryB has found his way here :(

I'm no fan, but it is for 4 days of the year only, for god sake.......and it is an international sport, with spotlight on Melbourne.

....whingers will whinge unfortunately...
I remember Bedford already explaining his point. Of which I partly agree. It's more about the arrogance of the AGPC. As a motorsport fan, the first race thing is massively overrated. The AGPC have been poor representatives of the race, including Ron Walker. It's a bit like the supposed "big" opener between Carlton and Richmond. Once it's done, you move on.

I've always found the insistence of being the first race curious. At Adelaide, it was the last GP. Had the requirement been to continue on being the last race. Then we'd have had 11 title deciders right here! Including the possibility of Webber winning in 10, and epics in 97, 07, 08 and 12. But instead, I now it's "out of sight, out of mind".

I've started playing futsal at Albert park and now I understand what Bedford is saying. Haven't been able to play there since Christmas.
Get yourself a racing car, and compete in the support races? It can happen! You can do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be interesting to have a comparison of SEN's rating from the same time period from 2013, 2014 and this year.

this year, survey 1 ratings

Breakfast: 3
KB: 3.8
Harf: 3.1
Ox and Marko: 4
Finey: 3.7
Weekends: 2.6

2014, survey 1

Breakfast: 2.7 (first year without Watson)
KB: 3.1
Harf: 3.1
Mark and Ox: 3.9
Finey: 3.2

2013, survey 1

Breakfast: 4.7
KB: 4.2
Harf: 3.7
Mark and Ox: 4.6
Finey: 3.3

2012, survey 1

Breakfast: 3.8
KB: 3
Harf: 2.4
Mark and Ox: 3.6
Finey: 2.6

Archives:
http://www.radiotoday.com.au/surveys/2012-02-09-06-18-11/melbourne.html

Last edited:
No point comparing ratings though pre-2014 as the company that conducts the surveys are different, meaning the method of collecting data may well be different (who knows what they are?)
yeah nah, I didn't notice any difference when the ratings company changed, and I was disappointed, because I was expecting SEN to rise. I heard ages ago that one of the sport stations in the UK rose dramatically in the ratings when the system changed, but I dunno if the change we had was the same.

Its not just 4 days , its the set up and pull down. All up nearly 5 months and that hurts local sport
As someone who has played footy for Albert Park I completely agree
destroys the grounds and parks Vic hand it back in shocking condition

Parks Vic accept it back in a s**t state. They are the most inept organisation I've ever come across.
We got the oval back the year I played there when it was a patchwork quilt basically and half roped off to try give it a chance to recover..

Thats real fun training on half or a quarter of a small oval to start with... or the alternative was training at another oval that didnt have change rooms so required getting changed basically on the side of the ground..

So * the grand prix!

jon ralph. he is an expert at asking questions and answering them without a straight forward, definitive answer. his voice goes higher as the sentence progresses, as does the pace in which he speaks

I've said it before, but he talks as if he has memorised exactly what he wants to say on a particular topic and just blurts it out as quickly as he can.

I've said it before, but he talks as if he has memorised exactly what he wants to say on a particular topic and just blurts it out as quickly as he can.
*glass shattering*
Oh my god that is exactly what he does!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back