Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me think of the qualifications to be a football journalist. The degree of knowledge that someone like Greg Denham has is less than your average supporter. What I would give for a football Gideon Haigh! Not a big fan on Fatprick but he is good compared to Denham and the Buzz. Robbo is semi-literate but at least he captures the enthusiasm of a fan sometimes. RoCo is unrivaled for intelligent and thought out opinions and seems to be a good bloke - he would be a good addition to Fox style footy analysis show

i concur. afl journalism, basic prose, spelling and other fundamentals have gone out the window in print and online media. robbo, yes a larakin, good bloke etc. however when you are writing in a newspaper, it is expected you are able to form logical articles. especially as a chief writer. i dont think capturing what the average punter thinks is a good excuse for failing high school english.

Its true - Greg Denham is the grumpy old prick sitting on a park bench bitching at the world. What does the fookwit add FFS/ His predictions on the seasons are always laughably wrong. He has got about as much venom as a ladybug

i reckon denham went to s**t when sen changed his intro song from "denim and lace" to "poison".

I don't mind him too much, but he does ramble on for about 4 times longer than is needed. I don't reckon he has enough cred to provide additional 'expert' analysis,
You might not mind him, but this is part of why others don't like him

so he should just give the score and maybe a touch more, then nick off :D
The fact he doesn't, adds to his lack of popularity.

Its true - Greg Denham is the grumpy old prick sitting on a park bench bitching at the world. What does the fookwit add FFS/ His predictions on the seasons are always laughably wrong. He has got about as much venom as a ladybug

http://animals.pawnation.com/characteristics-ladybug-11722.html

All you have to do is sound like you know something
King is a perfect example of: just because someone speaks well enough (and quickly, while throwing in stack of stats), doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.
And he almost ridicules and bullies people who dare disagree with him; like: "what are you talking about? They've had more contested marks inside 50 than anyone else..."

He made a somewhat bold prediction last year that turned out wrong, and the SEN guys hung s**t of him for most of the season. I can't remember what it was.

King is a perfect example of: just because someone speaks well enough (and quickly, while throwing in stack of stats), doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.
And he almost ridicules and bullies people who dare disagree with him; like: "what are you talking about? They've had more contested marks inside 50 than anyone else..."

He made a somewhat bold prediction last year that turned out wrong, and the SEN guys hung s**t of him for most of the season. I can't remember what it was.

thing about king (and many others) is that they throw so many stats around, eventually one will contradict the other. at that time, if made aware of it, they simply laugh it off or think quickly of another stat or something else to justify it.

afl journalism is like the game. the ball is oval and unpredictable, therefore every movement has unlimited pathways.

contrast this with basketball. coverage and commentary of the game (say nba) is quite simple and linear and at times predictable. as a result it comes across as polished.

ralph
noted all the things saffas stuffed up on in the field, there were a few. then postulated whether they are chokers. then answered his own question with "i dont know".

reckons kiwis are a good thing for the final (reasonable thought i reckon). but why? there are omens, breakers won the nbl title and all blacks won the WC in 2011. wut?

just what tuesday night needed.. russell gilbert hanging around for initially speaking as well as the usual hour of crap

Why is he on there - other than the fact he is Finey's mate?

ralph
noted all the things saffas stuffed up on in the field, there were a few. then postulated whether they are chokers. then answered his own question with "i dont know".

reckons kiwis are a good thing for the final (reasonable thought i reckon). but why? there are omens, breakers won the nbl title and all blacks won the WC in 2011. wut?

Brilliant analysis again!

I'd love to see his Grand Final prediction, where he apparently predicted the Swans would win by ten goals, and that either Franklin or Tippet would kick at least 6 :D
Does anyone know if it's on Youtube?

dunno.

a clip featuring king on sen atm...he says this season will be the highest scoring ever, higher than last year by 2-3 goals. bookmark it

i concur. afl journalism, basic prose, spelling and other fundamentals have gone out the window in print and online media. robbo, yes a larakin, good bloke etc. however when you are writing in a newspaper, it is expected you are able to form logical articles. especially as a chief writer. i dont think capturing what the average punter thinks is a good excuse for failing high school english.

That's a bit rich coming from someone who never uses capital letters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see his Grand Final prediction, where he apparently predicted the Swans would win by ten goals, and that either Franklin or Tippet would kick at least 6 :D
Does anyone know if it's on Youtube?
Think one of the guys from the Hawthorn board uploaded these.

@1:02:34

ralph

He invented a new fielding position this morning. Backwards Point.

topic discussed - ship being sacked as victoria cc coach. watsons contribution - in afl the last 3 coaches dismissed were player driven. didnt name the coaches/clubs (i guess a quick google will answer that) but i was surprised he didnt elaborate. reckon he's ranked highly in terms of knowing whats going on in the afl power rankings. imagine if watson spilled everything in a tell all book/interview. it would be compulsory viewing/reading/listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back