Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
How's Ross Lyon? What a dickhead. "What's confidence?", he asked the young journo. Gimme a farkin spell

I would like to see these journos answer back coaches like Malthouse and Lyon in the same way. When they spout their BS call them out on it and ask them what they mean. If the coaches aren't going to participate in the post match pressers with respect for the journos then cancel them.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I would like to see these journos answer back coaches like Malthouse and Lyon in the same way. When they spout their BS call them out on it and ask them what they mean. If the coaches aren't going to participate in the post match pressers with respect for the journos then cancel them.
Aaaah, I know! I'd have a crack back at them. :p I wouldn't give a *. What are they scared of? Those two are just middle-aged men. I can understand that the young guys can be intimidated, but what about the seasoned journos? I guess a lot of them worry about being cut out of inner circles if they got on the wrong side of too many coaches, then they'd end up like Patrick Smith: no one will talk to them but KB

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Aaaah, I know! I'd have a crack back at them. :p I wouldn't give a *. What are they scared of? Those two are just middle-aged men. I can understand that the young guys can be intimidated, but what about the seasoned journos? I guess a lot of them worry about being cut out of inner circles if they got on the wrong side of too many coaches, then they'd end up like Patrick Smith: no one will talk to them but KB

Yeah that's it I suppose, they don't want to be cut off from anyone, but it's a two way street. Maybe they should scrap those post match pressers, they seem to achieve very little, it's either cliches or just plain rudeness.

DT2000

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2015
Melbz
AFL Club
Essendon
That was pretty s**t from Ross, pressure is on him to produce and it's showing although he has always been little bitchy with the media types. And what was he expecting the jurno to say, did he want an actual definition of the word???

Baudelaire

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Mark Fine got the arrow from Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified tonight. Called some of his comments "trash".

Baudelaire

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that's it I suppose, they don't want to be cut off from anyone, but it's a two way street. Maybe they should scrap those post match pressers, they seem to achieve very little, it's either cliches or just plain rudeness.
I agree they mean nothing. I don't like taking away jobs etc. But the predictable questions and answers make the coaches and journalists both look bad. And by the end of it you wonder why they wasted everyones time.

Mark Fine got the arrow from Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified tonight. Called some of his comments "trash".
She is not wrong, I have not listened to him or SEN for some time.
Last time I listened he and Mark? (the golfer) get together their conversation normally ending up trashy.
He is so full of himself.

Isosceles

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2015
South Morang
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Fulham
It reminds me a bit of the Simpsons episode where Lisa helps Homer gamble on the NFL. :p

The 'expert' tips Miami to win, saying: "in fact, I hereby declare Miami to be Smooth Jimmy's 'Lock of the Week'." Homer puts his dough on Miami, and they lose, then, as Homer's crying about the money after the game, Smooth Jimmy laughs it off with, "ah well, if you're right 52% of time, then you have to be wrong 48% of the time."

Homer: "Oh! Why didn't you say that before the game?"

I'll never understand why people on here like you think you're so funny and clever for referencing The Simpsons or Seinfeld or some other tv show. It's so annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

paul scholes

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
bulldogs NY METS
Mark Fine's been really over the top lately,and it seems like if you're not his ever agreeing affable sidekick , you're not welcome .
He's getting rattier by the day.

Heard a bit of it. He wasn't happy. FWIW I thought Roos' comments were stupid too.

How Roos could make those comments is just idiotic.
Melbourne supporters have put up with more than any supporters should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back