Status
Not open for further replies.

Should've gone with...

Dash - 6am-9am
Teo - 9am-12pm
Benny - 12pm-4pm
Cam Luke - 4pm-7pm
Coondog - - 7pm-midnight
You lost me with Coondog, but up until that......very good....pretty decent hosts. But unfortunately give them a daytime makeover and they would be flavourless and just as bland as the current crew.

Leach and Ox reuniting for the breakfast program.
I like Ox but hopefully he wont look like Gazey compared to Leach who is quite well spoken and intellectual. Hopefully there'll be more coverage of other sports outside AFL during the season now Leach is there.

Andy Maher hosting new show called 'The Lunch Break' between 12 and 3pm.
Be interesting to see how he goes with guests, Harf always seemed to have a good rapport with all his regulars.

Harf replacing Ox and working with Marko for The Run Home.
I don't think this is going to work well.

Would love to see Dr Turf joint the breakfast guys, think he is the most underrated person at SEN.

On a side note, the last few mornings a guest (was Baker Finch this morning) has said to Maher and Gaze "you guys know what it's like at the top of professional sport". I often wonder if Maher goes a bit red.

On a side note, the last few mornings a guest (was Baker Finch this morning) has said to Maher and Gaze "you guys know what it's like at the top of professional sport". I often wonder if Maher goes a bit red.

i detest that statement (made by either guest or maher). maher usually says it to guests especially footy players.

Love Finey, especially on a Friday night after the footy. Takes no crap from anyone.
I think that statement has passed it's time. I too enjoy Finey, but the short tempered, witty, post game shows are unfortunately gone. Either depressing phone calls, or moments where he tries to make arguments happen is what happens currently.......cringing.

Last edited:
I think that statement has passed it's time. I too enjoy Finey, but the short temped, witty, post game shows are unfortunately gone, either depressing phone calls, or moments where he tries to make arguments happen.......cringing.
Disagree. Not saying that it happens with every caller of course, but he'll tell a caller to pull their head in if needed.

Couldn't believe it tonight, got in the car expecting Finey, but no the soccer was on. It was the most boring s**t ive ever heard, kept it on to see what the score was and it took 12 minutes. What a waste of time.
You're serious aren't you? So you are upset sen decided to broadcast a game of soccer for 2 hours, out of their 168 hour weekly schedule?

Give me a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. Not saying that it happens with every caller of course, but he'll tell a caller to pull their head in if needed.
He does. But there was a time 5 or so years ago where the calls were decent debates and were not just for show, or at least entertaining. These days he picks the weak and brain dead to have a go at and usually cuts the call short or it's far too long. The worst part is the customary "come on big text sender hiding behind a phone, give me a call and be a real man." Or "you know I actually resect you for telling how you actually feel." When he realises it's good for listeners and ratings. Then of course the caller ringing in saying "hey Fine your a champ mate, you tell it how it is, don't let these guys get you down." With Finey of course being modest in response.

I like Finey, I really do. But I'd like him to lose the cliches of his show, he is good enough without them.

Last edited:
Fine is great overall, because he is a,) knowledgeable and b,) has an opinion and is prepared to defend it. Most of the other regular hosts at the station lack one or both of these attributes. Fine also brings a "realness" to his program that the others don't - his is the only show that has the feel of the "common man" just talking sport. It's to his great credit that he isn't all sunshine and lollipops and sycophancy like the opinion-less Harford, or lazy and ignorant like Allen.

In terms of his some of his interaction with callers/texters, I agree that his berating of trolls can get cringeworthy at times, but it needs to be taken into account that, because of the timing and nature of his show, he would cop a fair bit of abuse, so it's hardly surprising that he is going to react from time to time.

The one thing about him that annoys me is that he has a bit of Dermott Brereton about him, in that he often uses far more words than are necessary to make a point and ends up embarking on these long-winded monologues that go way off course from his initial thought.

But overall, I think he does a very good job in a uniquely testing slot.

Fine is great overall, because he is a,) knowledgeable and b,) has an opinion and is prepared to defend it. Most of the other regular hosts at the station lack one or both of these attributes. Fine also brings a "realness" to his program that the others don't - his is the only show that has the feel of the "common man" just talking sport. It's to his great credit that he isn't all sunshine and lollipops and sycophancy like the opinion-less Harford, or lazy and ignorant like Allen.

In terms of his some of his interaction with callers/texters, I agree that his berating of trolls can get cringeworthy at times, but it needs to be taken into account that, because of the timing and nature of his show, he would cop a fair bit of abuse, so it's hardly surprising that he is going to react from time to time.

The one thing about him that annoys me is that he has a bit of Dermott Brereton about him, in that he often uses far more words than are necessary to make a point and ends up embarking on these long-winded monologues that go way off course from his initial thought.

But overall, I think he does a very good job in a uniquely testing slot.

Pretty hard to argue with any of that really

It was boring and they don't even give a score. Much rather listen to Finey. Its not a good sport on radio

if what you said is true, they do need to give updates more regularly.

the broacast commentary was pretty poor, especially compared to epl or euro league radio commentaries. at one stage it was "finkler, passes to broxham, now donovan gets the ball, back it comes the other way" - words to that effect.
very truncated. no flow.

it is very good on radio, albeit not a radio sport (like tennis). but SEN are doing the right thing by broadcasting the sport and giving it the platform it deserves.

its afl off season. theres only so much "who was the best player to wear number 47?"

if what you said is true, they do need to give updates more regularly.

the broacast commentary was pretty poor, especially compared to epl or euro league radio commentaries. at one stage it was "finkler, passes to broxham, now donovan gets the ball, back it comes the other way" - words to that effect.
very truncated. no flow.

it is very good on radio, albeit not a radio sport (like tennis). but SEN are doing the right thing by broadcasting the sport and giving it the platform it deserves.

its afl off season. theres only so much "who was the best player to wear number 47?"
That's fair. All I said it was boring and they didn't give score, all they said was that CCM need a score

Couldn't believe it tonight, got in the car expecting Finey, but no the soccer was on. It was the most boring s**t ive ever heard, kept it on to see what the score was and it took 12 minutes. What a waste of time.

You're surprised a 24 hour sports radio channel is broadcasting a football match? To be fair most sport on radio is boring compared to watching it on TV. Cricket is ok but even AFL is utter rubbish on radio.

I for one am glad they get behind the local Melbourne teams, be it Basketball, Rugby, Football, Netball, Cricket or whatever.

You're surprised a 24 hour sports radio channel is broadcasting a football match? To be fair most sport on radio is boring compared to watching it on TV. Cricket is ok but even AFL is utter rubbish on radio.

I for one am glad they get behind the local Melbourne teams, be it Basketball, Rugby, Football, Netball, Cricket or whatever.
I was surprised that Fine wasn't on that's all and by the way its soccer here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back