The Serial Pest

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to add a serial pest to the Port playing list again. Josh Carr was the archetype during our halcyon (and fallen) days. Back in the day guys like Bomber Clifford and George Fiacchi wore the mantle proudly. There's nothing like watching a great distracter at work.

The players fans love to hate

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about manureid

But yes a new Josh Carr would be the icing on the cake with our current list.

Jimmy Tsitas was the one from the last draft who sounded like a possibility but he wasn't drafted.

Defiantly!! Not a tagger per say, a person that gets under the skin of opponents, puts them off their game. has them second guessing to where certain players are.
Soft teams get no where. You can have plenty of skill but i feel you need a couple of these players.
In th 04 side we had Carr and also Pickett. Imagine charging at the ball knowing Carr and Pickett were lurking around... Pass

Not true! He stormed into an ICAC inquiry about two weeks ago screaming “Don't assault me, I'm Peter Hore! Serial pest”.

Sorting out idiots like Peter Hore is one of the few things the septic tanks get right.
If he caused similar sh*t in that country he would be sharing a bridge pylon with Jimmy Hoffa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be one of the few people that actually like watching Ballantyne play.
I love how he gets into his opponents heads and then runs rings around them.

Watching the 04 GF the other day I was thinking we're about due for another Carr or Hardwick type pest.

Although when it comes to A-grade pests it seems they're a rare breed. I've often wondered whether the player needs runs on the board to give them some legitimacy and a reputation in order for them to be taken seriously (i.e. games played, known for shutting down big opponents) and if so does this make it difficult to draft a good pest? At the same time good pests seem to be naturally annoying/intimidating so it's also hard to take a current best 22 player and assign them to that role if it's not in their character. On the other hand if this is a skill that can be taught, can Carr teach it to someone like Moore/Young/Newton? These guys will likely battle for the 21st-22nd spot in the side, if developing this edge to their game improves their chances of being picked I can see that it would be motivating.

As others have said Jonas has the physical intimidation, but there hasn't been much evidence to suggest that he has the verbal ability to irk the opposition.

Is it worth trying to pick someone up via free agency/trading to fill this role? Otherwise is it better to get by without a pest and let the opposition worry about how they're gonna put Chad/Ollie/Boak/Ebo etc. off of their games?

I reckon Monfries fills this role. Polec seems to piss people off as well.

As others have said Jonas has the physical intimidation, but there hasn't been much evidence to suggest that he has the verbal ability to irk the opposition.

Jeremy Cameron disagrees.

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about manureid

But yes a new Josh Carr would be the icing on the cake with our current list.
Ohh..opened this thread as thought it was about me...disappoint.

Jeremy Cameron disagrees.

Did Jonas set Cameron off because something was said or was he frustrated by being smothered by the Glove's superior defensive nous? Genuine question. It was 12 months ago and I can't remember what stage of the game it was when things boiled over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back