The Seven Network

Remove this Banner Ad

...I'd hate to think what the coverage of those events would be like on Ch.7, they'd probably be borderline unwatchable like their AFL coverage.

I can tell you there would be a plethora of annoying promos for up-coming TV shows tied-in with the regular broadcasting just like on 9/10 when they host major events like Oz F1 GP, Oz Open Tennis, Olympics, etc ........ VERY ...... <inhales> ... ANNOYING ....

You could have listened to him commentate that Chile match and at the end you would have thought we'd won 6-0.

He sounded like he was calling a bunch of his mates running around in his backyard.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in Australia who has no idea who Tom and Paul and John and Barry are. Call them by their proper surnames ffs.

*random names chosen as examples only

He sounded like he was calling a bunch of his mates running around in his backyard.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in Australia who has no idea who Tom and Paul and John and Barry are. Call them by their proper surnames ffs.

*random names chosen as examples only

Same applies to AFL coverage. His name's Lance, not 'Buddy'. Call him 'McEvoy' not "Woweee look at the BIG BOY MCEVOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

I said sports commentary, not insomnia-curing commentary.

NBA, NFL and NHL (Doc and Pierre aside) is what the AFL should be basing their system on. One play by play caller and a colours man who knows what the **** they are talking about (Darcy, B.T, Leigh Matthews, Ling - this is not you.) with some ground level coverage thrown in when required.
:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Stevie J, Jimmy, Tomahawk and "Haaarry" (Taylor) were all instrumental in the Cats beating us by a kick at the G in round 6.
Cheers Bruce you complete frothing ********.

Drop the nicknames, you're meant to be professionals but you fawn over every 'superstar' for such 'brave' on-field actions such as pin-pointing a kick 25m along the wing. It's pathetic.

Last edited:
I love how the EPL is covered in oz. A panel of 3 to discuss things pre game, half time and post game. During the match there is one commentator and one special comments man. That's all you need and would cut out a lot of the bullshit on 7.

Ch 7 really needs Agro as the Boundary Rider.

50355_24945674644_333565_n.jpg

Stevie J, Jimmy, Tomahawk and "Haaarry" (Taylor) were all instrumental in the Cats betting us by a kick at the G in round 6.
Cheers Bruce you complete frothing ********.

Drop the nicknames, you're meant to be professionals but you fawn over every 'superstar' for such 'brave' on-field actions such as pin-pointing a kick 25m along the wing. It's pathetic.

I get the impression if you told Bruce he's not actually best friends with half the players in the competition he'd start crying.

I was a big Bruce fan growing up in the 80s and 90s.

He now sounds like a parody of himself.

His excited voice has this disgusting snarl in it and he's lost all eloquence in his use of the language. He says 'AY' to the other commentators multiple times a quarter. "I reckon he's just on his distance, AY". I can't handle it, it drives me insane.

If Nineties Bruce could hear Current Bruce he'd retire on the spot.

I wonder what has happened to the Channel 7 we used to know (1988-2001) and the Seven Network we have now?

Also, what would've happened if Seven had beaten off the Nine/Ten/Foxtel alliance and continued to televise AFL in the period 2002-06?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes I think commentators calling players by nicknames should be punishable by death.

This poster is really unhinged. How have they been on the board for 12 years without being seriously questioned for mental health.

Never posted such nonsense until recently?

Someone with that many posts surely isn't a troll...

This poster is really unhinged. How have they been on the board for 12 years without being seriously questioned for mental health.

Never posted such nonsense until recently?

Someone with that many posts surely isn't a troll...

While I don't think capital punishment is in order, calling players by nicknames is an infuriating trend.

While I don't think capital punishment is in order, calling players by nicknames is an infuriating trend.
Nothing I liked more about tonight's game was the commentators calling Riewoldt by his Christian name.

Why would anyone get confused, even though it's the same name as two siblings in the opposite ******* team.

Watch the highlights of the Rich v Syd game. Every goal I saw except one has Brucey screaming "...Eh!!" as the ball is sailing through for a goal. You just get the feeling he's over the hill now

Watch the highlights of the Rich v Syd game. Every goal I saw except one has Brucey screaming "...Eh!!" as the ball is sailing through for a goal. You just get the feeling he's over the hill now
Have you ever tried turning the volume to mute and then listening to the radio's commentary?
I often do this. It's really good because it stops us listening to whatever commentators are on there arguing about the umpiring or even just being smartarses.

Interrupting the game to show an awkward high five attempt by Basil was a new low. What's with this ego driven bullshit?

When the English Premier League starts up again in a little under 10 weeks from now, the Fox Sports coverage will completely expose Seven's shortcomings in covering AFL. Just one commentator (ie Martin Tyler) or maybe two (if the match is ie Man Utd v Liverpool) to call the game, plus excellent pre and post game analysis, from people who ACTUALLY know their sport inside out, and call it as they see it.

Are you paying attention, Seven?

Eddie McGuire has given a right old whack to the commentators using stupid terminology. There was a montage of at least four "little gives" by Bruce on Friday night. Good stuff Ed.

Have you ever tried turning the volume to mute and then listening to the radio's commentary?
I often do this. It's really good because it stops us listening to whatever commentators are on there arguing about the umpiring or even just being smartarses.
For me being on the gold coast i cant do this as radio does not have games on. And afl website is 25 seconds behind play......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back