The Seven Network

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Great cook of Ch7's s**t commentary on Bounce last night. Sam Pang makes a smart-arse comment about how commentary can really enhance the excitement at a game. Cut to Josh Jenkins massive drop punt goal out of the centre, with Ch7 commentary talking about what's happening on Twitter.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
I am getting sick of the Saturday night build up and the constant jibes at Richo - replaying his cricket drop, the Wheel of Fortune appearance, it is getting very old. It seems like Mick rolls it out just to fill time. It wasn't that funny to start with

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Are my eyes deceiving me or are the Ch7 games showing on Fox Footy in SD?

Robco

Team Captain
May 3, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers, Williams F1
My 5 cents worth on Ch.7

- Carey is a good secondary commentator because he speaks his mind, unlike the rest who just suck up to the stars.
- Lingy's alright but won't matter much if he coaches next year.
- Richo is alright but the constant s**t he cops from the others in an attempt at humor is pathetic.
- Commetti is just above average.
- Watson is duller than a grey nail and should not commentate Essendon games
- BT, Bruce, Darce, Sam Lane and Baz are all cancer and should be removed immediately.
Special award goes to Mick Molloy for being the most useless flog to ever grace a sporting broadcast.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
My 5 cents worth on Ch.7

- Carey is a good secondary commentator because he speaks his mind, unlike the rest who just suck up to the stars.
- Lingy's alright but won't matter much if he coaches next year.
- Richo is alright but the constant s**t he cops from the others in an attempt at humor is pathetic.
- Commetti is just above average.
- Watson is duller than a grey nail and should not commentate Essendon games
- BT, Bruce, Darce, Sam Lane and Baz are all cancer and should be removed immediately.
Special award goes to Mick Molloy for being the most useless flog to ever grace a sporting broadcast.

As Essendon fans agrees 100% with a Carlton fan.......who would have thought.

But you are spot on with all of those

kennerado

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Shrewsbury Town FC
Are my eyes deceiving me or are the Ch7 games showing on Fox Footy in SD?

Dude this has been the case ever since they got the rights back, I think one year they broadcast a grand final in HD but other than that the ONLY channel on FTA to broadcast AFL in HD has been Ten.

I think the reason may be due to the amount of digital channels they have, there is not enough bandwidth to broadcast in HD.

May 17, 2006
VIC
AFL Club
Fremantle
Channel 9 broadcast AFL games in HD for a short period. Currently with the NRL they broadcast the games in SD because Channel 9 is still an SD channel, but they film the games in HD, unlike what Channel 7 do with the AFL. So when you see a Friday night NRL game replayed on Fox Footy, it's in HD.

Robco

Team Captain
May 3, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers, Williams F1
Am I the only one that's seen Jeremy Cameron's "Discovered" at least 3 times now while watching games?

Max_very_well

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2013
Andrew Walker's Hat Stand
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probs been said a million times before, but the Saturday night pre-game show is the biggest waste of ******* time I have ever seen.

Haven't watched the Saturday night pre-game segment in a month or two. Caught some of it tonight....wtf? Do Seven just not care?

Should just play a rerun of some old sitcom if that's the case.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Probs been said a million times before, but the Saturday night pre-game show is the biggest waste of ******* time I have ever seen.

Let me guess,Mick showed Richo on Wheel of Fortune.....again
Either that or Richo doing something wrong.

Did Darcy arriving in a chopper at Whitten Oval get a run ?

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's just... a nothing show. None of them are funny (pls don't say Mick Molloy is, he's the furthest thing from it) and none of them are hosts. They're obviously trying to replicate a set-up similar to Before The Game, but it just doesn't work without Hughesy and a mildly competent host (as much as Andy Maher is a knob... he can host a show and give it direction).

Stan Darsh

Team Captain
May 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was half watching sports fan clubhouse and the host asked Andrew Welsh why footy crowds are down in melbourne. The silly flog said it was because of the great coverage the broadcasters were supplying... He later said his rival in the afl was Juddy. :D

tattooedswan

All Australian
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Too much hate for Bruce on these boards, the man is clearly the best football commentator this country has.

CotchNCo

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Arsenal
Too much hate for Bruce on these boards, the man is clearly the best football commentator this country has.

Fox-Footy-2012.jpg

tattooedswan

All Australian
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne City

Huddo is good don't get me wrong.

Still would rather Bruce carrying a big final/Grand Final.

Huddo just has this girly aspect to him.. Bruce may be weird and slightly sexual but he still produces the big game feel better.

Was half watching sports fan clubhouse and the host asked Andrew Welsh why footy crowds are down in melbourne. The silly flog said it was because of the great coverage the broadcasters were supplying...

I'm sure he means the live broadcasts we now have, not necessarily the quality of the broadcast.

Back